Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pricing question about my eir broadband bundle?

• 05-01-2019 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

My current broadband bundle which I've been on since April 2017 costs about €97 monthly and is called eirmobile 400 10 GB + roaming. While I haven't technically disactivated my landline, it's not part of the bundle, so what I'm getting for that price is broadband plus mobile, sim only.

Now I would have asked the relevant questions at the time and been quite satisfied, however I am now reviewing it as I hardly ever make calls and as for texts,most are through Whatsapp or facebook. I'm not sure what the + roaming means in the bundle description. I do spend a fair bit of time abroad, need to make the odd call while abroad, but again Whatsapp and facebook take care of my texting needs. I also need and use mobile data both at home and abroad. So I feel that my bill is fairly expensive as I'm getting so little value from the mobile calls and texts part.

I took a look online tonight and as an existing customer they could offer me a bundle of Broadband plus the usual unlimited calls and texts from my mobile, plus 50GB data, plus 200 international minutes and texts [no mention of +roaming] on this plan. This would cost a much more economical €67.98 per month for the first 6, €10 more per month after.

Is this better than my current bundle and should I switch? I appreciate any advice here as being always mega busy I just don't have time to be contacting eir by phone or calling into one of their offices.

So thanks ever so much in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

acequion wrote: »
    My current broadband bundle which I've been on since April 2017 costs about €97 monthly and is called eirmobile 400 10 GB + roaming. While I haven't technically disactivated my landline, it's not part of the bundle, so what I'm getting for that price is broadband plus mobile, sim only.

Now I would have asked the relevant questions at the time and been quite satisfied, however I am now reviewing it as I hardly ever make calls and as for texts,most are through Whatsapp or facebook. I'm not sure what the + roaming means in the bundle description. I do spend a fair bit of time abroad, need to make the odd call while abroad, but again Whatsapp and facebook take care of my texting needs. I also need and use mobile data both at home and abroad. So I feel that my bill is fairly expensive as I'm getting so little value from the mobile calls and texts part.

I took a look online tonight and as an existing customer they could offer me a bundle of Broadband plus the usual unlimited calls and texts from my mobile, plus 50GB data, plus 200 international minutes and texts [no mention of +roaming] on this plan. This would cost a much more economical €67.98 per month for the first 6, €10 more per month after.

Is this better than my current bundle and should I switch? I appreciate any advice here as being always mega busy I just don't have time to be contacting eir by phone or calling into one of their offices.

So thanks ever so much in advance.
    Hi acequion, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Could you PM the following and I can take a look at your current plan and I can see what would be the best plan for your needs?
    1. Your Account Number
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Address
    4. Your DOB
    5. You are the account holder?

As soon as I receive the PM I can check what is the best plan for your needs. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement