Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics

Options
  • 06-01-2019 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

I would like to appeal my ban from the Politics forum.

It was not my intention to "Troll" by pointing that Nelson Mandela was a convicted terrorist who was so extreme that not even amnesty international would support him.

I felt it was important to point out Sinn Fein have strong links to Nelson Mandela and other Terrorists around the world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first step in the DRP process is to discuss the ban with the mod in question to see if you can sort it out between yourselves. Can you confirm if you have done that, and if so, what was the response?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

dudara wrote: »
    The first step in the DRP process is to discuss the ban with the mod in question to see if you can sort it out between yourselves. Can you confirm if you have done that, and if so, what was the response?

I contacted the mod they sent me this message.

Hi Dr Brown

Your ban was given for your overall contributions not meeting the standard required in the Politics Cafe forum, in this case you were deemed to have been trolling to intentionally rise other posters. This was not the first time that the issue of your perceived trolling was noted by the moderators.
    The behavioral aspect also considered your behaviour elsewhere on the site which at the time included a ban from the main politics forum and a siteban. I note that your ban from politics still remains.
    Having looked through your post history, I stand by my decision.
    Thanks
    SB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement