Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish ISIS member captured by Kurdish forces in Syria

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭enricoh

He's not as good looking as the last poster boy ibrahim halawa!
    So no, I'd say he's goosed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Whatever the merit, or lack of, the Dept. Of Foreign Affairs probably have some obligation to offer assistance don't they?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Helium

Indeed a good solid Irish name. Which of the Bekmirzaevs is he now?, originally down Letrim way were they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Helium wrote: »
    Indeed a good solid Irish name. Which of the Bekmirzaevs is he now?, originally down Letrim way were they?

The Kerry Bekmirzaevs I'd say, good with horses, powerful baritone voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Delighted for him. Obviously the State did their job when offering this terrorist Irish citizenship...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

F*ck him. He went to fight for a barbaric medieval cult. He deserves whatever punishment the Kurds deal out.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

they were preparing to attack a convoy of civilians escaping a war zone, it begs the question why they didn't just put a bullet in him and send him to meet Mohammad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

His photo is further proof that beards cause evil.

The Irish Citizenship test should require that the applicant be clean shaven and consume 6 pints of Guinness followed by a Full Irish with extra bacon, sausage and pudding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Where's he from originally? Sounds a bit Chechen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I hope he took out travel inshurdance, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

I think its about time there is a distinction made between irish citizen and citizen of ireland

It's likely there, Dagastan or the Caucasus. I'd go with your guess, based mostly on the epic beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Let him off, live by the sword, die by the sword so to speak. Won’t lose sleep over him not coming home anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Big radical muslim head on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Big radical muslim head on him

Reminds me of a radical Trigger from Only Fools and Horses.

Some crowd of faux Irish carrying Irish passports these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Apparently from bobruisk, belarus if it's the same person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wonder will the Dept of Foreign Affairs be offering consular services?

The only 'service' they should be offering is that of revoking his Irish citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Stick a Woodbine in the corner of his mouth, a Dublin GAA jersey on his back, give him a Banjo, sit him on a box, (and photograph him with the the GPO in the background) and he could be Irish. (I'm sure it could be photo-shopped)

Poor fella went home last year to visit his sick mama and got 'caught up' in a village fued.
    We Irish understand fueds you see, so we can see how one can easily get 'caught up' in one?

If there's a few votes in it, some party will come forward to assist this misunderstood, father of six, 'freedom fighters' passage home.
    Halawa's sisters could write him a letter( or fifty with those colored pencils) or the good folks who traced O' Bama's great-gran-pappy could pull the same stunt for this chap?

All in all, knowing us modern Irish, I think this chap will get back 'home' in one piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

he was probably just innocently coming out of the cinema

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bigroad

When will he be on the late late show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Zappone, various Shinners and brain dead do-gooders will soon be campaigning to bring him home.

Giving it Alluah Akbar and all the rest of that bullsh1t at Dublin Airport again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hope he's killed.
    Slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I know this is after hours etc.....
    but can we please stop acting a little less like a brexit supporting, Tommy Robinson **** circle....
    This guy is obviously a ****in evil twat, but that does not equate with every naturalised Irish citizen or Muslim resident of ireland, or asylum seeker or refugee being a sub human terrorist....

but can we please stop acting a little less like a brexit supporting, Tommy Robinson **** circle....
    This guy is obviously a ****in evil twat, but that does not equate with every naturalised Irish citizen or Muslim resident of ireland, or asylum seeker or refugee being a sub human terrorist....
    Not one single post has suggested as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

What it does prove though, is that all “background checks” achieve nothing. How did he manage to get an Irish passport?

I know it is early days, but obviously this guy has been naturalised, is the process flawed? Unless his name is Paddy O’Brien and he took a lovely peace loving name?

Drimnagh.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Drimnagh.

If he was from Drimnagh, he'd never allow himself be taken alive :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

His as Irish as the rest of us. Cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

enricoh wrote: »
    He's not as good looking as the last poster boy ibrahim halawa!
    So no, I'd say he's goosed!

I thought Terrence Edward Kelly a.k.a Khalid Kelly a.k.a Abu Osama Al-Irlandi was the last poster boy.

• Advertisement

He is in his hole “as Irish as the rest of us”! Cop on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Post 9 did

Post 9 did
    No it didn’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Leave him to the Kurds ,

Wonder if Aul vlaidi in Moscow will be demanding our government get involved to help him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hopefully they will throw a rope around his neck and let him swing, but don't you know well the usual SJW's will be out crying about his human rights.

Whoever gave the c**t citizenship should be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

If he was from Drimnagh, he'd never allow himself be taken alive :pac:

If he was from Drimnagh they's not have TAKEN him alive :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The only one to bring this up was you.

Says a lot about your own racist views!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

If that loon lasted as long as he did he's bound to have participated in some barbaric acts.
    He's hardly looking after kittens.

Most of those rebel's, daesh are snuffed out.
    So this guy must have seen a lot of action on the battlefield....

The Russians kill combatants on sight, rightly so..
    Execution wouldn't be a bad thing.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    The only one to bring this up was you.

Says a lot about your own racist views!

In fairness in your first post while done in a jokey fashion you essentially said no muslims, Jews, Sikhs, Buddhists or Hipsters should be allowed become Irish citizens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭enricoh

Yer one ms cash is clearing 48k a year.
    Whats this guy on with 5 kids- 40k anyway I'd imagine. Helps him fund his hobbies i suppose!

God bless the irish dole! Allah akbar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Leave him the face Kurdish justice.

We should do what the British have done if this **** has dual citizenship.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/30/uk-has-stripped-150-jihadists-and-criminals-of-citizenship
    More than 150 suspected jihadists and criminals have been stripped of their citizenship and banned from returning to the UK, it has been reported.

Ministers stepped up the “deprivation orders” amid fears that the collapse of Islamic State would lead to an influx of militants from Syria, according to the Sunday Times.

Quoting official figures and security sources, the newspaper said more than 40 suspects had their right to a passport removed this year, with about 30 targeted since March.

• Advertisement

Leave him the face Kurdish justice.

We should do what the British have done if this **** has dual citizenship.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/30/uk-has-stripped-150-jihadists-and-criminals-of-citizenship

Do ye think our shower will do that? They're more likely to organise facepuke petitions to have him returned.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Do ye think our shower will do that? They're more likely to organise facepuke petitions to have him returned.

Who is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I don't see how he is.

Daesh fundamentalists like him are transnational and don't believe in the concept of countries or in the idea of the citizen. Leading me to believe that he got the passport as a means of convenience rather than any allegiance to Ireland at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

FTA69 wrote: »
    I don't see how he is.

Daesh fundamentalists like him are transnational and don't believe in the concept of countries or in the idea of the citizen. Leading me to believe that he got the passport as a means of convenience rather than any allegiance to Ireland at all.

I wasn’t being very serious. There has to be some question on the vetting of passports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Zappone, various Shinners and brain dead do-gooders will soon be campaigning to bring him home.

Giving it Alluah Akbar and all the rest of that bullsh1t at Dublin Airport again.
    And we'll have to listen to RTE news every night saying "Irishman" Alexandr Ruzmatovich Bekmirzaev blah, blah, blah .... shot in the hand .... blah, blah, blah, ....now on hunger strike .... blah, blah, blah, .... not enough consular assistance .....

Kivaro wrote: »
    And we'll have to listen to RTE news every night saying "Irishman" Alexandr Ruzmatovich Bekmirzaev blah, blah, blah .... shot in the hand .... blah, blah, blah, ....now on hunger strike .... blah, blah, blah, .... not enough consular assistance .....

There's no comparison between the two cases at all.

In fact I'd love to hear why you think they are similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

YPG media has announced in the last couple of hours, the capture of Dubliner & Irish citizen Alexandr Ruzmatovich Bekmirzaev (45)

I wonder will the Dept of Foreign Affairs be offering consular services?

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/16f28d13-1368-4c40-af2c-476e6315cb99

Untitled.png

He may not be around long enough to avail of them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Muckka wrote: »
    If that loon lasted as long as he did he's bound to have participated in some barbaric acts.
    He's hardly looking after kittens.

Most of those rebel's, daesh are snuffed out.
    So this guy must have seen a lot of action on the battlefield....

The Russians kill combatants on sight, rightly so..
    Execution wouldn't be a bad thing.
    There's a really high chance its because of Russian combat policies that this guy was there in the first place, they aren't the people to be taking lessons from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

VeryTerry wrote: »
    There's no comparison between the two cases at all.

In fact I'd love to hear why you think they are similar?

Ah, you're right.
    "Irishman" Alexandr Ruzmatovich Bekmirzaev doesn't have sisters in Ireland who show their appreciation to the country who got their brother freed by alleging unlawful discrimination by that same country, and then proceed to sue the state to get their Egyptian nationals husbands in Turkey into Ireland.

There should be some form of a one way gate when it comes to anyone of naturalised Irish citizenship entering the country again once they've been to a place like Syria.

Or maybe the Syrian's will do us a favour and just drag him outside and stick a bullet in the back of his head.

He wasn't there for any good reason, so f**k him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement