Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rsj pricing

Options
  • 06-01-2019 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Wanting to know what would be the RSj pricing in the mid west. Ill be needing 2 off 4ms for the double skin over a garage opening and another 2 off 3.75m for a double skin on my house. Would catnics come in cheaper or can they not be used in wide spans in garages

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2019 wrote: »
    Wanting to know what would be the RSj pricing in the mid west. Ill be needing 2 off 4ms for the double skin over a garage opening and another 2 off 3.75m for a double skin on my house. Would catnics come in cheaper or can they not be used in wide spans in garages

Fairly decent spans alright.
    What kind of connections are on either end?

What are they beating into and how are they pinned down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

A bit like asking for a price on a length of timber.

What section What size What weight per meter What length is needed for steel pricing and required connections if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭dermob

Talk to Catnica/keystone, they can design and quote/supply only.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 2019

A bit like asking for a price on a length of timber.

What section What size What weight per meter What length is needed for steel pricing and required connections if any.

I understand!

Basically one is on one side of the garage(non peak side) which will be taking a 2.5m high roof. The other is on a peaked dormer gable. As for loading weight, i wouldnt know. Would yous know the meter price for all different sizes of rsjs. Of the top of my head, i would say maybe a 9 or 10x4

• Registered Users Posts: 38 2019

kceire wrote: »
    Fairly decent spans alright.
    What kind of connections are on either end?

What are they beating into and how are they pinned down?

One will be built in with block around it, thats the rsj that will in the gable wall. Itll be bolted into a concrete pad stone. The other, will be bolted into the block on each end and the wall plate bolted on top

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2019 wrote: »
    One will be built in with block around it, thats the rsj that will in the gable wall. Itll be bolted into a concrete pad stone. The other, will be bolted into the block on each end and the wall plate bolted on top

Get the sizes from your engineer and ring around steel suppliers will be the best way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭briaineo

Between €20 and €30 a metre plus vat depending on what your engineer specs.

Catnic probably multiples of this. Priced them couple of years ago can’t remember exact price but was shocked at cost

Advertisement