Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend alternative FTTH compatible router for F2000

• 06-01-2019 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi - am fed up with eir F2000 issue and want to buy my own router. Can anyone recommend a good one that will work with FTTH and won't break the budget. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What package?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 oneillsa

ED E wrote: »
    What package?
    eir fibre extreme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

...at what speed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Would also depend on whether you have a landline phone on `VOIP.

Assuming no VOIP - my son has a TP-Link AC1750 at the far end of the house connected to the F2000 via ethernet and I can get a strong 2.5 Ghz signal off it at the opposite end of the house, whereas I can't get any signal off the F2000 in the same spot, even though it's in the loft and in the middle of the house and only half as far.

cnocbui wrote: »

Assuming no VOIP - my son has a TP-Link AC1750 at the far end of the house connected to the F2000 via ethernet and I can get a strong 2.5 Ghz signal off it at the opposite end of the house, whereas I can't get any signal off the F2000 in the same spot, even though it's in the loft and in the middle of the house and only half as far.

So do you use the AC1750 as a bridge?

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »

I’ve just purchased the AC1750 but can’t get it to work. Could you pm me how you did it? I have the settings from eir, just unsure where to enter them. Thank you.

oneillsa wrote: »
    So do you use the AC1750 as a bridge?

No, my son is using it to wrangle the multiple devices he has networked down his end.
    I’ve just purchased the AC1750 but can’t get it to work. Could you pm me how you did it? I have the settings from eir, just unsure where to enter them. Thank you.

It's not actually replacing the F2000, though that was the original plan for it until something else died. I asked my son and he said it should work as a direct replacement by..:

enable IPTV/VLAN and then set the VLAN ID to 10

That's the theory.

thank you both. I'll give it another try.

thank you both. I'll give it another try.

My son has just replaced our F2000 with the TP Link and the settings I gave before worked. The F2000 is now a secondary via ethernet because we have a phone line via VOIP and the TP Link doesn't have that feature. Just had to untick the VLAN box on the F2000 to get that to work. Also turned off the 2 Ghz WiFi radio on the F2000 and changed it's 5Ghz radio channel to a different one as it was set to the same channel as the TP Link

Advertisement