Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Direct Debit

Options
  • 06-01-2019 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys I'm insured with aviva and my direct debit is due to go out tomorrow., I'm between jobs and my 1st pay check in 3 months is not till next week. What happens when you miss a direct debit for car insurance does anyone no?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

TMurphy wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm insured with aviva and my direct debit is due to go out tomorrow., I'm between jobs and my 1st pay check in 3 months is not till next week. What happens when you miss a direct debit for car insurance does anyone no?

Thanks for your help

It'll be returned. You'll get billed a few quid for missing that payment and you'll probably receive a letter telling you they are going back in with the next 7 or 10 days for payment.

Some insurance companies however seek full payment. Not sure about Aviva.

TMurphy wrote: »

Thanks for your help

It could depend on the insurance company. Generally speaking, they will try again for the DD a week after the first one fails. If it fails a second time in the month, the insurance company will send you a registered letter seeking payment of the full balance within 30 days, or you'll face policy cancellation.

Advertisement