Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Tracker compensation claim is now running in to 2019 .....

Options
  • 06-01-2019 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am a customer of BOI with a tracker compensation claim. The bank claim in their correspondence (during 2018) that redress will be finalised by end of 2018.

We are now in to 2019. Is any one else in the same position and what should be our next step ??

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭techtom

techtom wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am a customer of BOI with a tracker compensation claim. The bank claim in their correspondence (during 2018) that redress will be finalised by end of 2018.

We are now in to 2019. Is any one else in the same position and what should be our next step ??

T

Anybody ?????

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you gotten anything from them? I appealed mine to the independent secretariat during the summer and they are still waiting for documents to be sent over from BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭techtom

Toots wrote: »
    Have you gotten anything from them? I appealed mine to the independent secretariat during the summer and they are still waiting for documents to be sent over from BOI.

I keep getting a holding letter. And a promise to reply within one business day. However in 2019 they have not replied yet.

How’d I’d you find out about independent secretariat ?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

techtom wrote: »
    I keep getting a holding letter. And a promise to reply within one business day. However in 2019 they have not replied yet.

How’d I’d you find out about independent secretariat ?

I got my refund and compensation just before Xmas 2017 and in there is where it details the process to appeal to the independent secretariat. Basically if you’re not happy with any of the refund the bank offer, you can appeal to the secretariat and they’ll examine it.

It took close to a year of me hounding BOI before my mortgage was reviewed and it was discovered that we’d been overcharged to the tune of about 60k.

Advertisement