Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop the Stash!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

SozBbz wrote: »
    Gah just broke my 4 month no beauty buying record with this.

I’ll caveat that in saying that I’ve still been buying shampoos etc but I don’t hoard them, so those are just necessary.

https://www.asos.com/beauty-extras/asos-summer-skin-box-over-70-saving/prd/10656973

I just love mini products, they’re so handy when away from home. And I’ve never tried Emma Hardie products so I’m excited for that. And I’ve had that product from the ordinary before and like it.

Total sucker for minis too - went t Molton Brown in Kildare Village and just HAD to have a set of 8 small bottles of shower gel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Couple of empties:
    • Nivea rich moisturising day cream: think this was from a gift set. It smells more like a body moisturiser than a face cream. Its packaging made it handy for travel. Wouldn't repurchase.
    • No7 protect & perfect eye cream: from the xmas gift set last year. Nice eye cream, lasts ages. The product is tinted when it comes out of the tube but once you apply it, it blends into the skin so it doesn't actually give any coverage. Not sure if I'd repurchase, I've noticed No7 products are a bit more spendy than they used to be.
    • Aldi Lacura snapshot ready primer: this was pimped to be a dead ringer for the Smashbox primer (which I've never tried). I had mixed results with it. Somedays it applied lovely, other days it balled on my face.
    • Blank Canvas Pippa palette: not finished as such but I did hit pan on the highlighter and one of the eyeshadows. I brought it away with me on holidays and it was all I needed really - covered me for eyeshadow, blush, highlight and contour. Won't repurchase as it's taken me ages to get to this stage but will continue to use it for when I travel.

Dug out an oldie the other day... Urban Decay Riff eyeshadow. Remember when the world and its mother was going mad over this eye shadow?! I remember debating over buying it for a good while, I'd never spend so much on a single eye shadow before. Fished it out of the drawer and have been using it the last couple of days - so handy to put all over the lid and then I've just used a bit of my highlight on the inner third of the lid. Lovely daytime summer eye look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Finished a Pureology shampoo and a Petit Marseillaise shower gel yesterday. Have a couple of other shampoos I need to use up before I repurchase but I just adore the Pureology Colour Care range. I did spend 40e in Rituals in KV last week but line is drawn now and two out of the three things I got were good skincare items. Love the Hydrate ampoules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Oh ladies, I feel like I've had nothing to post here in ages yet I'm plugging away. I've bought some skincare but still no new make up in ages.

Pretty sure my only slip up this year was buying foundations from the Ordinary when I was in the UK and in one of their stand alone shops.

Makeup is bloody longlasting!

I'm nearly at the end of my CT magic foundation, but theres still about 1cm at the bottom of the bottle which will probably last a few weeks. I only use one pump per day and only wear make up for work/going out so some weekends I wear none. Its slow going!

• Advertisement

I decided to wait for the new CT airbrush foundation to hit the shelves in August rather than purchase flawless filter, as I had purchased the Aimee Connolly Beauty Base...kinda wish I hadnt but oh well!

I have done quite well in not buying new stuff apart from that, however I gave in and bought the Maybelline Dream Urban Cover which I love. I still have a lot of make up to get through!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hoolies

7 months in to the year and I have only purchased skin care when out of a certain product. Have purchased no makeup items and feel like I have barely made a dent in my stash!!! I did a clear out last weekend of cheap makeup that I have not worn in years - think shimmery/glittery cheap eyeshadows, cheap wrong colour foundations, terrible concealers and anything else that didn't suit my skin. Felt good to clear some stuff away. I don't think I will ever get to the end of my eyeshadow stash.
    I am in London this weekend and have an appointment made at Trinny London. I travel a bit with my job therefore my justification is to have cream products that don't need to be decanted or put through the screener. Not the strongest justification but I'm sticking to it after 7 months :-)

Some empties:
    La Roche Posay Vit C - very nice. Bit messy but have really noticed a difference in my skin texture. Had been using the Beauty Pie Vit C, but I think this superior.
    As a side note, the shine has come off Beauty Pie a bit for me. Unsure if I will continue my subscription.
    Pixi Glow Rose Tonic - nice toner step but did not notice any difference to my skin
    Murad Retinol Serum - I expected this to be a step up in my retinol (previously using the Beauty Pie one). Maybe I have leather skin but thankfully had no reaction. Looking at going up another 0.1% retinol, maybe a Paula's choice one?
    Charlotte Tilbury Clay Godess Mask- feels lovely on but my skin does not like it. It has broken me out. Of course I kept using in the hope it was coincidental LOL
    Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation - was VERY badly matched by the counter so was adding lightening drops to it. It's a nice foundation, but does not stand out for the money so would not be rushing to buy again

Hoolies wrote: »
    7 months in to the year and I have only purchased skin care when out of a certain product. Have purchased no makeup items and feel like I have barely made a dent in my stash!!! I did a clear out last weekend of cheap makeup that I have not worn in years - think shimmery/glittery cheap eyeshadows, cheap wrong colour foundations, terrible concealers and anything else that didn't suit my skin. Felt good to clear some stuff away. I don't think I will ever get to the end of my eyeshadow stash.
    I am in London this weekend and have an appointment made at Trinny London. I travel a bit with my job therefore my justification is to have cream products that don't need to be decanted or put through the screener. Not the strongest justification but I'm sticking to it after 7 months :-)

Well done! Thats a great achievement in this Instagram/Influencer world!

I don't think its wrong to buy something, I think this is all about making good, well researched, well thought out purchases rather than impulse buying whatever shiny thing you see in Instagram!

I've discovered I've 3 real problem areas - lipsticks, foundations and eyeshaddow palettes. I've also got a bit of a skincare hoarding issue. Not bad with shampoos or hair products generally. I also don't buy tan anymore, just dove summer glow.

Would love to hear how you get on at Trinny!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm nearly at the end of my CT magic foundation, but theres still about 1cm at the bottom of the bottle which will probably last a few weeks. I only use one pump per day and only wear make up for work/going out so some weekends I wear none. Its slow going!

So much this!! I have a MAC foundation I've been "nearly finished" for about 8 weeks now! I rarely wear foundation during the week so it's taking me forever to get through these few foundations I have floating around.

I pulled out Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation for a night out at the weekend, and dammit it really is long lasting! Really impressed, and it was just sitting there in my drawer.

Finally finished something - I threw it in the bin with aplomb! It was my Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation. Nice enough but won't be rebuying.

Actually was through a UK airport yesterday and bought Doublewear again as I've only dregs left in my current bottle and the £ is so weak it made sense.

• Advertisement

A few more empties:
    • Lush twilight shower gel. I have to say I quite liked this. I'd use it if I was have a night time shower to help wind me down. I rarely get to Lush as there's none near me but I think I will repurchase this.
    • Aldi No14 Velvety Rose perfume mini size. Part of a gift set I got for xmas. Smelt nice, more of an evening perfume.
    • Urban Decay afterglow indecent blusher - I remember when I bought this (on the recommendation of Karen from LovelyGirlieBits), I was sweating I'd never spent so much on a blush based on a blogger recommendation. It's a lovely peach shade but I found I hit pan on it quite quickly and it was hard to get a blush brush into the corners of a square pan.
    • Jenny Glow perfume Angelica Sinensis - I bought this on a whim a little while ago in my local chemist, I really did not need another perfume. But it smelt lovely and was a handy size. I found I used it up quite quickly.
    • L'Occitane alomond oil shower gel - leaves the skin silky soft but found the sent a little overpowering in the shower but lingered nicely on the skin after. Even though I've a few more shower gels at home to use up, I am going to treat myself to another L'Occitane shower gel, but not this one.
    • L'Oreal triple active day cream - I fell out of love with this. It was grand and I was just using it up, it has no spf so I wasn't planning on repurchasing. But I noticed in the last week or so that it wasn't sinking into my skin, it was drying on my face and flaking off. I didn't realise it at first - I thought it was my foundation, or maybe my face primer. I tried it without serum incase that was stopping it soaking in. It was so bad that Friday I was having a no makeup day and I had to wash my face again after 3 hours as it looks awful. Used it up last night as a body moisturiser.
    I'm quite tempted to repurchase the Blank Canvas Master Series palette, it's reduced down atm and I've hit pan on 3 of the shades. I was planning on repurchasing later this year anyway when I hit pan on a couple more shades...

Few more empties from me:
    • Penneys Rose Oud mini sized perfume - I went mad for a while buying perfumes in Penneys cos they were cheap and looked kinda like Jo Malone! Trying to use them up.
    • Bellamianta mousse - I've been through a few of these, I'm not a big tanner (the effort) but this would be my go-to. Have another one ready to go. I want to use up my bottle of Iconic Bronze and I would like to try out the BPerfect tan but I still think Bellamianta is my holy grail.
    • Makeup Revolution pro fix oil control fixing spray - feels like I've had this for years. Wasn't gone on the smell of it at first, a bit like antiseptic but I got used to it. Sometimes I don't know with setting sprays if they actually do anything! Won't be repurchasing as I have a few more others to get through!
    • Garnier micellar water oil infused - another product I've been through a few of and have repurchased.
    • Wet n Wild photofocus concealer - bought this ages ago when there was such hype about the foundations. Wasn't mad about the concealer and it was stashed in the drawer for ages. I pulled it out to use it up and ended up quite liking it. It's very full coverage and long lasting. Think the shade was slightly too dark but worked for the summer. Might actually repurchase but there aren't really any Wet n Wild stands near here.
    • I hit pan in my Aimee Connolly rose gold palette, well in the bronzer pan. It's a lovely size palette. The contour shade is really nice, perfect for my skin tone and good as an eyeshadow also. I don't like how the highlight sits on my skin, it looks a bit grubby or metallic or something. And the cream highlight is lovely, just not something I reach for. I think I will just repurchase the single pan of the contour when I get through it a bit more.
    • MUA eyeshadow pencil in blonde (Superdrug) - another product I've been through a few of. It's a very creamy pencil so you do go through it quite quickly but it's quick and easy to use in the mornings. It's a cheap as chips and as there's no Superdrug near me I tend to buy a few of them whenever I'm in one. I think I've one more left in the drawer but I do have a few other brow pencils I should try to use up.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Few more empties from me:
    • Penneys Rose Oud mini sized perfume - I went mad for a while buying perfumes in Penneys cos they were cheap and looked kinda like Jo Malone! Trying to use them up.
    • Bellamianta mousse - I've been through a few of these, I'm not a big tanner (the effort) but this would be my go-to. Have another one ready to go. I want to use up my bottle of Iconic Bronze and I would like to try out the BPerfect tan but I still think Bellamianta is my holy grail.
    • Makeup Revolution pro fix oil control fixing spray - feels like I've had this for years. Wasn't gone on the smell of it at first, a bit like antiseptic but I got used to it. Sometimes I don't know with setting sprays if they actually do anything! Won't be repurchasing as I have a few more others to get through!
    • Garnier micellar water oil infused - another product I've been through a few of and have repurchased.
    • Wet n Wild photofocus concealer - bought this ages ago when there was such hype about the foundations. Wasn't mad about the concealer and it was stashed in the drawer for ages. I pulled it out to use it up and ended up quite liking it. It's very full coverage and long lasting. Think the shade was slightly too dark but worked for the summer. Might actually repurchase but there aren't really any Wet n Wild stands near here.
    • I hit pan in my Aimee Connolly rose gold palette, well in the bronzer pan. It's a lovely size palette. The contour shade is really nice, perfect for my skin tone and good as an eyeshadow also. I don't like how the highlight sits on my skin, it looks a bit grubby or metallic or something. And the cream highlight is lovely, just not something I reach for. I think I will just repurchase the single pan of the contour when I get through it a bit more.
    • MUA eyeshadow pencil in blonde (Superdrug) - another product I've been through a few of. It's a very creamy pencil so you do go through it quite quickly but it's quick and easy to use in the mornings. It's a cheap as chips and as there's no Superdrug near me I tend to buy a few of them whenever I'm in one. I think I've one more left in the drawer but I do have a few other brow pencils I should try to use up.

You've been doing so well!!

Boots are now stocking wet n wild, free delivery to store if you spend €25 I think.

Roches Pharmacy (online) sell the Aimee refills and they are only €6 at the moment. The code THANKU15 gives 15% off as well.

I think I have only finished 2 bottles of foundation, and a couple of concealers. Nothing that I would repurchase.
    Coming to the end of my UD foundation which I love but found too matte for the summer, but might repurchase for winter once I work through some of the other foundations I have.
    My Sosu wonder water facial spray is coming to the end also, but thats because mini me has been helping herself to it also.
    I was at a couple of events over the summer so have lots of new things to play with also from the goody bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Some lipstick empties:

Jeffree Star Candyass - this lipstick is a lovely shimmery rose gold. However, I don't think it wears very well AND i think there is extremely little product for the price. I had only worn it twice before I could see it getting empty.

Jeffree Star Rose Matter - a warm pinky coral that I loved. Really loved. I'm in two minds about repurchasing as it was also expensive and quickly finished, but, it wore well.

I'd be keen to find dupes for either.

Decided at the start of the week to properly shop my stash and pull out some products that I haven't used in ages.
    • Catrice HD foundation - love this, forgot how liquidy it is.
    • No 7 skin illuminator - it goes well with the foundation to give a glow underneath
    • PS nude addiction eyeshadow palette - a handy little palette, but I used one of the dark shadows on Tues and it was very patchy and hard to blend.
    • Mac blush in Springsheen - ah forgot how much I love this, great pigment with a bit of a sheen.
    • Benefit Dandelion twinkle highlighter - really a lovely daytime highlight, I did hit pan on this I felt quite soon after I bought it so now I'm trying to work my way around the edges so I might be able to justify buying a new one!
    • Catrice camouflage liquid concealer - now this has been my holy grail and I've gone through so many tubes of it. But since I haven't used in in a while and have gone back to it, it feels a little heavy and settling into line around my eyes.

If anyone follows Anything But Marzipan on Instagram - she's doing Shop My Stash for the month of Dec.

Been meaning to update this for a while with my empties:
    • Catrice waterproof eyeliner pen - it's like a felt tip marker, not the blackest but it doesn't budge or transfer onto my lids or browbone. It only last's so long as eyeshadow can stick to it and also the nib just dries out naturally.
    • Lacura Too Legit mascara - binned this after a couple of weeks, didn't really like it on my lashes, it felt very hard and it was difficult to remove with my usual eye makeup remover. Can't say if it's a dupe or not for the Benefit They're Real mascara, it's been a long time since I've used the Benefit mascara.
    • Penney's Vanilla Absolute perfume - it was the mini size, perfect for handbag for work, sweet smell, didn't last that long but grand for daytime.
    • NYX eyebrow pencil in Light Brown - I have blonde hair and fair enough eyebrows. But this colour was nearly orange! Binned.
    • No7 protect & perfect night cream - I think this was from a gift set last Christmas. Nice night cream but felt like I got through it quite quickly and No7 skincare prices really seem to have crept up these last few years. May repurchase if I can get a gift set on offer again this year.
    • Le Mara (Aldi) eye cream - quite liked this and it felt hydrating for my under eye area. Only little quibble was that it's easy to dispense a lot of product and I think that's how I got through it so quickly, the packaging needs a smaller opening.
    • Too Faced Peach mist setting spray - a very sweet scent but you soon get used to it. Not sure if there was actually the advertised amount of product in it, I got through it very quickly...
    • Sephora lashcraft mascara - a grand mascara but I didn't like the wand, it was a funny shape, flat on one side, curved on the other.
    • Le Mara (Aldi) body butter - smells lovely, great product. I think it's in Aldi quite often but I've a few other body butters to get through at home so probably won't be repurchasing. But if you are looking for a body butter for the inter months I'd recommend it.
    • Lush It's Raining Men shower gel - I like Lush shower gels, I try to use them sparingly as there's none near where I live.
    • Aldi Oats & Honey face serum - I quite liked this. I would repurchase but it was a special buy in Aldi earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Been meaning to update this for a while with my empties:
    • Catrice waterproof eyeliner pen - it's like a felt tip marker, not the blackest but it doesn't budge or transfer onto my lids or browbone. It only last's so long as eyeshadow can stick to it and also the nib just dries out naturally.
    • Lacura Too Legit mascara - binned this after a couple of weeks, didn't really like it on my lashes, it felt very hard and it was difficult to remove with my usual eye makeup remover. Can't say if it's a dupe or not for the Benefit They're Real mascara, it's been a long time since I've used the Benefit mascara.
    • Penney's Vanilla Absolute perfume - it was the mini size, perfect for handbag for work, sweet smell, didn't last that long but grand for daytime.
    • NYX eyebrow pencil in Light Brown - I have blonde hair and fair enough eyebrows. But this colour was nearly orange! Binned.
    • No7 protect & perfect night cream - I think this was from a gift set last Christmas. Nice night cream but felt like I got through it quite quickly and No7 skincare prices really seem to have crept up these last few years. May repurchase if I can get a gift set on offer again this year.
    • Le Mara (Aldi) eye cream - quite liked this and it felt hydrating for my under eye area. Only little quibble was that it's easy to dispense a lot of product and I think that's how I got through it so quickly, the packaging needs a smaller opening.
    • Too Faced Peach mist setting spray - a very sweet scent but you soon get used to it. Not sure if there was actually the advertised amount of product in it, I got through it very quickly...
    • Sephora lashcraft mascara - a grand mascara but I didn't like the wand, it was a funny shape, flat on one side, curved on the other.
    • Le Mara (Aldi) body butter - smells lovely, great product. I think it's in Aldi quite often but I've a few other body butters to get through at home so probably won't be repurchasing. But if you are looking for a body butter for the inter months I'd recommend it.
    • Lush It's Raining Men shower gel - I like Lush shower gels, I try to use them sparingly as there's none near where I live.
    • Aldi Oats & Honey face serum - I quite liked this. I would repurchase but it was a special buy in Aldi earlier in the year.

Back in store at the moment!

I like it too.

keredern wrote: »
    Back in store at the moment!

I like it too.
    Yes I was in Aldi on Mon night and couldn't believe my luck! I picked it up along with the moisturiser and a night oil.

So funny how people can enjoy different products.

I hated that aldi serum when it came out originally. I think I used it as a body lotion just to get rid of it. I just found it tight and sticky feeling, and that it balled when used with other products like spf. But apparently that was a minority opinion.

I'd a tonne of stuff from the ordinary etc that I just ended up binning. I think I lost the run of myself when it launched. I now stick fairly faithfully to Image because I know it works for me and while I got some initial boosts from other new products, nothing keeps my skin feeling consistently good like Image. I've recently got my paws on the MD range (which I'm using interspersed with my standard image products (products from the iluma, ageless, vital c, ormedic ranges) and my skins has never been better.

I moved house recently and threw out lots of stuff, so trying to stop myself buying more, especially in the Black Friday madness. You really don't appreciate how much you have until you try to pack it up!

I still probably have enough eyeshaddow palettes to last me the next 10 years.

• Advertisement

I moved house recently and threw out lots of stuff, so trying to stop myself buying more, especially in the Black Friday madness. You really don't appreciate how much you have until you try to pack it up!

I still probably have enough eyeshaddow palettes to last me the next 10 years.

I had a huge clearout and donated a heap of things to an appeal for womens refuges that was going on. It was very freeing as well as being for a good cause! Its so true that you dont appreciate and in some cases realise what you have til you box it away!

I have not done very well in shopping my stash lately, and have gotten distracted by shiny things and pretty packaging but hope to do better!

JustMe,K wrote: »
    I had a huge clearout and donated a heap of things to an appeal for womens refuges that was going on. It was very freeing as well as being for a good cause! Its so true that you dont appreciate and in some cases realise what you have til you box it away!

Oh thats interesting - did they take things that had been opened or used? If you hear of anything similar in future it would be great to post it on here, as I'm sure loads of us have stuff we'd donate.

Just new unused bits - it was to make up self care bags with some treats for the women who needed to leave everything behind. I was going to post but because it was someone from insta running it rather than a registered charity I wasn't sure if I could :)

Advertisement