Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discipline for twin 5yr olds.

Options
  • 07-01-2019 1:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi, I am needing advice on good discipline methods for my twin 5yr old sisters.

They fight and argue a lot, in fact today one of them pushed the other off her bike whilst arguing over something. The child came in crying hysterically with blood on her arm and knee plus she said that her sister hit her on the face just after that too.

I put the other sister on the naughty step and told her off about bullying, to say I was angry would be an understatement.

If I could smack then she'd have got a smacked bottom so, what discipline methods are going to work for future behaviour like this incident?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

You need to ask your parents, they are their kids. Getting angry is not helping anyone. You are the adult so you need to stay calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

My Dad had a clever approach for my brother and me at that age. We had to sit on the couch with arms around each other until we were friends and got along. We learned quick and he really didnt have to do anything or do it often g. I can remember fuming and we knew to get along or sit there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Scottish Jodi

margo321 wrote: »
    My Dad had a clever approach for my brother and me at that age. We had to sit on the couch with arms around each other until we were friends and got along. We learned quick and he really didnt have to do anything or do it often g. I can remember fuming and we knew to get along or sit there.

I may try that ;).

Advertisement