Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel poster

Options
  • 07-01-2019 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I want to import a poster from word to excell for sizing and eventual printing.
    I am number blind so at a sever disadvantage in calculating the scalling needed to house a 20x25 inch poster.

How do u calculate the scalling and the resulting page sizes?

Tia.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Sounds like a kind of complicated way of doing things; can you not export as a PDF directly from Word?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Sounds like a kind of complicated way of doing things; can you not export as a PDF directly from Word?

If they poster is already designed in Word you can't guarantee that scaling to the size you want unless the size in Word is proportionate to the finished poster. As said above, if it is them just save it as a pdf which can print to the required size then. Of course if you have low resolution images they will be pixelated in the final print out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

El Tarangu wrote: »

I'm importing to excel to get the size I need. The largest option in word is too small for this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Bredabe wrote: »
    I'm importing to excel to get the size I need. The largest option in word is too small for this.

You can set custom page sizes in word. Or install cutepdf, and it will have pages sizes up to A0.

Advertisement