Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Italian restaurant city centre

Options
  • 07-01-2019 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Want to goto an Italian restaurant in the city centre so looking for advice for any recommendations for a Sat evening meal

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Vote for IL Vicoletto on Crow St from me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

La Caverna in Temple Bar is very nice and very reasonably priced especially for it's location. Never been but Cafe Topolis on Parliament St is meant to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Northside - The Italian Connection on Talbot Street is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Warper wrote: »
    Want to goto an Italian restaurant in the city centre so looking for advice for any recommendations for a Sat evening meal

Cheers

Rosa Madre would get my vote. A large emphasis on seafood but plenty for the meat eater too.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Rosa madre is lovely but can be quite expensive so maybe depends on your budget? Also highly recommend terra madre just over the other side of the hapenny bridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Cafe Toplis is the business. I go for lunch there once a week and the food is always top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Wallace asti at the millenium bridge is pretty good and great value too

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Marcusm wrote: »
    Rosa Madre would get my vote. A large emphasis on seafood but plenty for the meat eater too.

Rosa madre is the best, in the city centre. The lobster spaghetti is unreal, everything in the menu is unreal.

Yeah wine there is too class too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Rose Madre is very good, albeit pricey.

Wood Fire Cafe on Blessington Street is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Another vote for Cafe Topolis in Parliament Street. Lovely wood fired pizzas. Been going there for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Only been once but enjoyed I Monelli on the Grand Canal (nearer Harold's X than Portobello), Terra Madre is really good as mentioned. Hoping to get to Rosa Madre very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Only been once but enjoyed I Monelli on the Grand Canal (nearer Harold's X than Portobello), Terra Madre is really good as mentioned. Hoping to get to Rosa Madre very soon.

+ 1 - Terra Madre. More Italian than speedo's on a tanned man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Bar Italia at the Italian quarter is unreal, their pizzas especially.
    another unknown gem is Toffoli, which is near Dublin castle but is very small and has odd opening hours so you may wish to ring in advance, the chef there is amazing though so would highly recommend that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

No mention of da mimmo yet! Very good.

Rosa madre is lovely but terra madre is as good if not better, you're just not paying for the more pretentious styling of the place. When you've been to both you'll understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

jon1981 wrote: »
    No mention of da mimmo yet! Very good.

Rosa madre is lovely but terra madre is as good if not better, you're just not paying for the more pretentious styling of the place. When you've been to both you'll understand.

Terra Madre has a very limited menu so might not suit everyone, if you're into seafood then Rosa Madre would presumably be much more up your street. It's not just "pretentious styling" not even sure what that means.

Advertisement