Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skins gone (was Old menu gone - how do you....)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Guys, can you please clear your cookies and try the forums again to see if that brings back the skin you should be on?

Thanks for the screenshots.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Guys, can you please clear your cookies and try the forums again to see if that brings back the skin you should be on?

Thanks for the screenshots.

I've cleared cookies, but it's still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Spear wrote: »

Same here.

This is what the site looks like for me.

No idea if this is 'white skin' or not, but it doesn't look any different from Default theme to me.

St2QIfe.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Spear wrote: »

Same. There isn't even an option in the User CP under 'Edit Options' to choose White or beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Been using the Beta skin for ages. Just logged in on incognito and still the same, with no option to change the skin as per Niamh's instructions.

Incidentally, it seems like .18% is far too low - are you only looking at desktop users or including mobile users in that?

Been using the Beta skin for ages. Just logged in on incognito and still the same, with no option to change the skin as per Niamh's instructions.

Incidentally, it seems like .18% is far too low - are you only looking at desktop users or including mobile users in that?

Forum skins are only enabled on desktop, touch looks the same for everyone.

osarusan wrote: »
    This is what the site looks like for me.

No idea if this is 'white skin' or not, but it doesn't look any different from Default theme to me.
    Thanks, that is helpful and it does appear to be the default skin. Leave it with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Is there no way anymore at all to just see ALL of the posts on the site ordered in date descending?

The short 3 page list you get on the homepage is not nearly enough. I feel like lots of the site is just hidden now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Aaarrrggggghhh , my eyes are hurting....... bring it back the way it was ..... plus i cant find anything , dont know how i managed to get here !!!!

Just with regard to the forum skins menu being gone on the Control Panel to switch, I removed that until all of the old skins have been deleted from it. I can reinstate that once they are removed as options if people want more time to try one of the others aside from the forum default.

....... wrote: »
    Is there no way anymore at all to just see ALL of the posts on the site ordered in date descending?

The short 3 page list you get on the homepage is not nearly enough. I feel like lots of the site is just hidden now.

Yes if you want to see all new posts on the site, go to Talk To > Boards.ie > What's New > New posts

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=29643042#

Yes if you want to see all new posts on the site, go to Talk To > Boards.ie > What's New > New posts

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=29643042#

Oh yaaaay!!

Quadruple the amount of work (4 mouseclicks instead of 1) and really not an intuitive place to find it but thanks!

You're welcome. If you were on one of the skins that wasn't supposed to change we'll hopefully get that back for you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,330 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My god please put it back to what it was, the legacy is so much better

You're welcome. If you were on one of the skins that wasn't supposed to change we'll hopefully get that back for you soon.

I think I was on the Beta one - I dont really know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What'd you go and do now lads, as now when I click into appearance settings, it brings me to the page where it shows if I've been carded in the past:confused:

99% of the time I use boards is on my phone, don't like the touch site, but the white skin was doing the job just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Headshot wrote: »
    My god please put it back to what it was, the legacy is so much better

Yep, this one is awful.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

....... wrote: »
    Get todays posts?
    Use more real estate on the page and not have the big blank sides?
    Get to user CP?
    Get to Feedback through the small menu at the top?

m.boards.ie still works...

• Advertisement

vBulletin skin back for me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My beta skin is back, thank you!

I don't see any difference between 'White' and 'Beta' when i switch between the two - they both are vBulletin skin.

'New Beta' doesn't look any different to 'Default' either.

Those of you who used White or Boards.ie Beta skin should now be back to your normal skin.

Those of you who used one of the lesser used skins that have been disabled, you can now go to Edit Options to try out White or Boards.ie Beta to see if they are preferable to the forum default for you.

Thanks for your patience folks.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Phew. That was traumatic. Please don't do that again, and thanks for fixing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Back to normal for me also, cheers.

osarusan wrote: »
    I don't see any difference between 'White' and 'Beta' when i switch between the two - they both are vBulletin skin.

'New Beta' doesn't look any different to 'Default' either.

I'm pretty sure that the Boards.ie New Beta is the default skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

vBulletin skin back for me, the original and best!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,330 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

my god it's back to normal. Phew

Thank you

• Advertisement

Those of you who used White or Boards.ie Beta skin should now be back to your normal skin.

Those of you who used one of the lesser used skins that have been disabled, you can now go to Edit Options to try out White or Boards.ie Beta to see if they are preferable to the forum default for you.

Thanks for your patience folks.

Oh yaaay!!

Life is back to normal! No more quadrupled mouse clicks!

Thanks!

Advertisement