Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix BOI fraud issues.

Options
  • 07-01-2019 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

I have paid for Netflix from my BOI account for over a year with no issue. For the last 3 months I have received an email from the fraud department asking if I recognise the payment.

This delay in payment causes a few days of not being able to access Netflix (first world problem).

I contacted BOI about this, and have been informed that due to a large number of fraud issues around Netflix their system flags all payments.

These seems a bit of a cop out to me, given the number of Netflix users, has anyone else who uses BOI and Netflix encountered this issue?

The bank advised that the way around this is to pay through PayPal, as there are no plans to alter the system at this time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

I have paid for Netflix from my BOI account for over a year with no issue. For the last 3 months I have received an email from the fraud department asking if I recognise the payment.

This delay in payment causes a few days of not being able to access Netflix (first world problem).

I contacted BOI about this, and have been informed that due to a large number of fraud issues around Netflix their system flags all payments.

These seems a bit of a cop out to me, given the number of Netflix users, has anyone else who uses BOI and Netflix encountered this issue?

The bank advised that the way around this is to pay through PayPal, as there are no plans to alter the system at this time.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. Please be advised that our security system is constantly reviewing fraud patterns and any  potential threats to your account. This is to protect the security of your account. Any security flags are carried out on a case by case basis. If you would like to discuss this further you can contact our card security team on our Freephone number 1800 946 746 and one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you as we would not be in a position to discuss fraud procedures here.

Please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help you with anything else here.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement