Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The leap from two to three -- what are your experiences?

Options
  • 07-01-2019 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Christmas is just over and it was so nice seeing so many loved ones - three generations of them - gathered around my grandmother that it really emphasized for me the importance of family.

I was wondering if the wise people here would have any thoughts or experiences to share on the pros and cons of having a third child. Of course it's a personal decision to have another child and no one can say whether it would be a right or wrong choice.

But what I'm looking for here are anecdotes and wisdom from older people who decided to take the plunge from two to three or more children and who are now at the teenage or young adult phase of parenting. How did it change your life materially, financially, practically and emotionally?

Did it lead to financial or spousal stress? On balance was it a decision you look back on fondly, or with a tinge of scarcely admittable regret? I'm especially interested in the impact it's had in your older or retirement years. By having extra children, do you now reap rewards in terms of having and enjoying more grandchildren for example, who enrich your life? Or are you financially or otherwise stretched in a way that negatively impacts your life now? (it's not either or, I know)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

3 is not too bad you can still get away with a 5 seater car, but remember this you could be going for number 3 and you could end up with number 4 as well that has happened to a few people i know; we have 4 ourselves, herself looking for the girl and she arrived and hard to imagine life with out her now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

My three are still small but I had a holy horror of ending up with twins/triplets on the third!!!!

No five seater when they are all in carseats unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Thats the problem you think you can't get 3 in to a 5 seater, which you can with the right car seats, its a tight squeeze and a pain in the arse but can be done but than you get your 7 seater with 3 kids and than we are all loved up one night and we end up with number 4.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No number fours here!!!None!!!

Advertisement