If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE49NU8000

Options
  • 07-01-2019 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there.
    I'm looking to buy a Samsung UE49NU8000TXXU. It's priced at €790 on Buyitdirect.ie. But I would genuinely prefer to do business with Richer Sounds.
    Any chance you can beat that price?
    Postage to Cork.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

rezzer wrote: »
    Hi there.
    I'm looking to buy a Samsung UE49NU8000TXXU. It's priced at €790 on Buyitdirect.ie. But I would genuinely prefer to do business with Richer Sounds.
    Any chance you can beat that price?
    Postage to Cork.
    Cheers.
    Hi rezzer,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Thanks for the opportunity to quote on this one and thanks for the kind words but we would not price match or price beat that one unfortunately - I'm not sure what that retailer is up to but they keep moving the delivery dates for ALL their popular TV's - they are taking orders on that 49NU8000 at the moment but quoting a delivery date of January 29th - 31st - but their UK site quotes immediate availability...

They also only give you a standard 12 month delivery whilst we offer a 6 year 'at home' warranty on large screen TV's - finally for a delivery between January 29th - 31st they add €20.97 giving a total of  €810.97 - we have them available from stock and if you order before 11:00Am in the morning ( Tuesday) we would generally deliver on Wednesday to Dublin and Thursday to Cork... our total charge is £699 + £6.99 shipping or €829 including shipping and 6 year warranty - I honestly think the guaranteed delivery within a couple of days and an additional 5 years of warranty is worth the additional €18.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rezzer

Thanks for the reply John. No problem on the delay. I suspect it's a busy time for you around now.
    Fair enough on the delivery times. But they do state a five year guarantee in the banner. I'm not too pushed on purchase time or delivery speed either. I can wait but would love to not have to.
    Unfortunately I missed the boat on a Curry's offer of €730 for that tv on Black Friday. But I hadn't nailed down the exact tv I was after at that stage.
    Considering Samsung's 2019 line of tv's is only a few months away, I'm hoping for a little better price, either now or in March/April.
    Would you consider €800?
    Regards.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Rezzer,

ah okay apologies I didn't spot a 5 year - apologies to them and you :) 

Normally we would happily pricebeat but we generally only price beat when the unit is available in stock and on the UE49NU8000 we don't have chunks of margin!

If it does become available to purchase within reasonable delivery timescale we will happily price beat even with the 5/6 year warranty difference. 

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rezzer

Fair enough.
    Cheers.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rezzer wrote: »
    Fair enough.
    Cheers.
    No worries Rezzer.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.