Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card issue

Options
  • 07-01-2019 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I had a card replaced back in Sep/Oct 2018 due to fraudulent transactions - a couple of them includuing interflora New Zealand and one for netflix US. All these were stopped and a new card issued.

However the Netflix US transaction has appeared every month since. I have never had a netflix US account. I have spoken to someone each time and have been told that it is appearing because it is still linked to my account??? How can a fraudulent transaction stay linked to my account?
    Each time I am told that it will be blocked and refunded but it's still turning up

I have spent a good bit of time talking to security and services about this and have been promised each time that it will stop. Should scammers be told that signing up for subscriptions is the way to go because they wont be stopped!

Can someone please help resolve this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

gramlab wrote: »
    I had a card replaced back in Sep/Oct 2018 due to fraudulent transactions - a couple of them includuing interflora New Zealand and one for netflix US. All these were stopped and a new card issued.

However the Netflix US transaction has appeared every month since. I have never had a netflix US account. I have spoken to someone each time and have been told that it is appearing because it is still linked to my account??? How can a fraudulent transaction stay linked to my account?
    Each time I am told that it will be blocked and refunded but it's still turning up

I have spent a good bit of time talking to security and services about this and have been promised each time that it will stop. Should scammers be told that signing up for subscriptions is the way to go because they wont be stopped!

Can someone please help resolve this

Hi gramlab,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are very sorry to hear this has continued to happen on your account.

We would recommend logging in online www.365online.com then select our Service Desk facility and on the drop down you can select 'ask a question'  and you can request that an investigative complaint be raised. An advisor will review the card transaction in detail and update you on the progress of your complaint.

Kind Regards

John

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

I have done this on 365online but considering that I have spoken to your services people a number of times already  and it's still not resolved , I've got a feeling I'll be posting here again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

I have done this on 365online but considering that I have spoken to your services people a number of times already and it's still not resolved , I've got a feeling I'll be posting here again

Hi gramlab,

thanks for getting back in touch with us. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Please be assured that under chargeback rights once the request to cancel the continuous authority has been submitted the transaction can be refunded to the account in future instances. We appreciate the comments you have made and please be assured that we will certainly pass this on to the relevant department. If you would like to make a formal complaint in relation to this please see here where you will find our complaints process. Again we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

I have already requested a number of times that this transaction be stopped and been told each time I spoke to someone that it would be.
    The initial one was stopped and I got refunded for one in November. But December’s one hasn’t been refunded and now I have one again for January.
    Can you tell me how a fraudulent transaction that has been flagged a number of times and acknowledged by yourselves is still coming out of my card each month???
    Can this be stopped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

I have already requested a number of times that this transaction be stopped and been told each time I spoke to someone that it would be.
    The initial one was stopped and I got refunded for one in November. But December’s one hasn’t been refunded and now I have one again for January.
    Can you tell me how a fraudulent transaction that has been flagged a number of times and acknowledged by yourselves is still coming out of my card each month???
    Can this be stopped?

Hi gramlab,

Thanks for coming back to us.

We do understand your frustration here and we hope this issue is resolved for you as soon as possible. However, as previously advised we are unable to address account specific queries here on boards. Also, for security we are unable to access customer accounts here, so we would highly recommend you raise an investigative complaint via the 'ask a question' facility on 365 online or contact the fraud team directly again and ask when this will be stopped permanently on your account.

Many Thanks

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement