Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derailleur hanger

Options
  • 07-01-2019 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello all, and happy new year. I have a ten year old Btwin road bike from Decathlon and recently shredded the derailleur hanger. Decathlon tell me that they can’t get a replacement. Any ideas where I might source one? It’s a pretty decent bike for short spins and I don’t want to dump it just yet. See attached photo of frame. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Have a look at pilo.co.il they have a big selection or maybe contact them

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

I guess it's too much to ask bike manufacturers to decide on a single common mech hanger - it seems so much simpler than asking for a single bottom bracket standard :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Looks like it's Wheels Manufacturing's no. 41 - https://wheelsmfg.com/derailleur-hangers/1-fastener-derailleur-hangers/derailleur-hanger-41.html.

Your LBS should able to order one, or you can search online. Even if you don't get a Wheels Mfg one, suppliers can cross-reference off the Wheels model number.

Edit: The Pilo one looks like no. d29 - https://pilo.co.il/d29-derailleur-hanger-for-kona-ironhorse-diamondback-masi-raleigh-bianchi-merida-redline-focus.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

mp31 wrote: »
    I guess it's too much to ask bike manufacturers to decide on a single common mech hanger - it seems so much simpler than asking for a single bottom bracket standard :eek:

Yes, it's insane - Wheels list 354 of them on their website, and there are about 10 more listed as "coming soon" :eek:

About 30-40 would be able to cover every style of frame/bike, but it's a bit too late now, and there's no incentive for bike/frame manufacturers to rationalise things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Where are you based? Bee Cycles in Dolphins Barn, South Circular Road is worth a try. He usually has a good range in stock.
    He had what I needed last year when even the Giant dealers didn't have them in stock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement