Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Controllers

Options
  • 07-01-2019 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭

Looking to get some extra controllers for the switch and appalled by the price of them! It's cool the way the joy cons can be used separately but after a few minutes it gets painful as they're so tiny.
    If I purchase an extra set of joy cons do they come with the plastic piece to enable them to be used together as a large controller?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Looking to get some extra controllers for the switch and appalled by the price of them! It's cool the way the joy cons can be used separately but after a few minutes it gets painful as they're so tiny.
    If I purchase an extra set of joy cons do they come with the plastic piece to enable them to be used together as a large controller?

No.

As an alternative I quite like the 8bitdo Switch controllers, (available on Amazon) though not everyone gets on with them, they're considerably cheaper.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Thanks for that. Any alternatives to the joy cons, just for use when connected to a tv for multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Thanks for that. Any alternatives to the joy cons, just for use when connected to a tv for multiplayer?

Sorry edited my reply, 8bitdo controllers worth researching, see what you think. Not for everyone but I'm happy with mine.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Sorry edited my reply, 8bitdo controllers worth researching, see what you think. Not for everyone but I'm happy with mine.

Keep an eye out on Amazon de for cheaper pro controllers. They are nice! For some bizzare reason I've got 2. Think I also bought the xenoblade one on sale cause it looked nice and allegedly improved a d pad issue. Plus I saved 10 quid by spending 60. :( I think Nintendo have Apple like powers. Or maybe it's cause the Amazon app makes it easy to switch region. Anyway, I've hopefully gotten over this crazyness for 2019. :)

If the additional joy cons came with the plastic adaptor to use as one controller I'd happily pay it as that would be perfect for us, frequent two player with occasional four player games. The extra 30e on top is an outrage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Donutz

I think to OP was annoyed that they would have to pay for one of these on top of the price of the joy cons

OP there are wired controllers for around 30 in Smyths that might be an alternative for you.

In the end I went with two of these: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8644231.htm
    Still less than a set of joycons and will allow us play three player comfortably or split the joy cons and play four player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

In the end I went with two of these: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8644231.htm
    Still less than a set of joycons and will allow us play three player comfortably or split the joy cons and play four player.

Do these have a USB end on them? How do you plug in more than one?

Doodah7 wrote:
    Do these have a USB end on them? How do you plug in more than one?

Yes, there are two usb ports on the switch docking station (and maybe even a third on the back?)

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote:
    In the end I went with two of these:

Played mario kart for a bit tonight with these, initial impressions are very good. They're much more comfortable than even the two joy cons with the mount and the analogue sticks feel much better. The bumper buttons feel a bit strange but on the whole much better value

Advertisement