Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebuyer

Options
  • 07-01-2019 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello, so I have been wanting to buy a Sapphire Rx 570 sapphire nitro+.

I saw this on Ebuyer for 150 pounds (https://www.ebuyer.com/787053-sapphire-amd-radeon-rx-570-4gb-nitro-graphics-card-11266-14-20g?fo_c=951&fo_k=d109c3a84314e61f984b2a40b3023ffe&fo_s=webgains&wgu=267255_206719_15468839007612_b80f91e07b&wgexpiry=1554659900&utm_source=webgains&utm_siteid=206719)

So they say they don't ship to Ireland, fair enough I will use Addresspal.
    I contacted their support team to make sure the AMD Raise the game deal was valid (two free games) and basically long story short I cannot ship to Ireland or use a forwarding address (addresspal, parcel motel or even a relative or friend if I had one in UK) because of "security reasons" and possible "fraud".

Can anyone confirm that this is through and explain to me why I cant use a non-uk order address. It really pisses me off as the hole point of addresspal was to buy from UK sites not shipping to Ireland and their only explanation to me is security reasons. I was really looking forward to getting this card and the cheapest option other than ebuyer is Smartteck for 163 pounds + shipping and that doesnt include the free games. Can anyone shed some light or offer a way to purchase form ebuyer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You just missed the boat with OCUK, they had the same card for £158 with the free games, gone back up now. This still have this one which is pretty OK for £158, 8GB model.

Ebuyer have always been like that, so they don't ever get recommended here.

Amazon have some OK deals but they don't have free games. If you intend actually playing them/would've bought them anyway, it is outrageous value.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Spaz

You just missed the boat with OCUK, they had the same card for £158 with the free games, gone back up now. This still have this one which is pretty OK for £158, 8GB model.

Ebuyer have always been like that, so they don't ever get recommended here.

Amazon have some OK deals but they don't have free games. If you intend actually playing them/would've bought them anyway, it is outrageous value.

Cheers for the reply, I actually found the card for 155 euro on a German website with the free games deal so I'm happy.

I still don't understand needing shipping/billing address to be identical for ebuyer. There are plenty of UK sites that don't ship to Ireland which will accept them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I wonder is there any way Brexit might change eBuyers policy or even lead to the creation of Amazon IE?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Spaz

I wonder is there any way Brexit might change eBuyers policy or even lead to the creation of Amazon IE?

Highly doubt is if Ebuyer wont accept forwarding addresses from Irish customers.

Amazon.ie is a possibility but I doubt they would, its a small market (4 mil population) and they seem to have only set it up in big countries. They might possibly find a way to have Brexit not affect Amazon too much to keep irish customers.

Advertisement