Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open drive with Liberty refused

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    but the policy's RSA through Aviva?

Who is the insurer named on your certificate or disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Who is the insurer named on your certificate or disc?

RSA, but with Aviva.

RSA is Royal Sun Alliance, Aviva and RSA are competitors. They don't place business with eachother the way brokers or underwriting agencies do.

RSA is Royal Sun Alliance, Aviva and RSA are competitors. They don't place business with eachother the way brokers or underwriting agencies do.
    My wifes with bank of Ireland car insurance, policy also RSA, all certs, disc headed RSA also.

My wifes with bank of Ireland car insurance, policy also RSA, all certs, disc headed RSA also.

Bank of Ireland are agents for RSA.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative, just something isn't clear about the way you have your policy arranged

• Advertisement

Bank of Ireland are agents for RSA.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative, just something isn't clear about the way you have your policy arranged

No thats fine, it never accured to me about RSA/Aviva insurance, i pay Aviva, quote from Aviva, but all insurance documents RSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I don't understand why Aviva are involved but it sounds like your policy is with RSA.

In which case the requirement that the borrowed car has a policy of its own would not apply when you are using 'driving other cars' cover as RSA do not impose this condition.

But note that every policy of motor insurance is governed by the policy document with individual variations/endorsements noted in the schedule and cert. they send you on each renewal. All of which is to say that no matter what they tell you on the phone or in an e-mail, the policy document rules.

Advertisement