Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Phonewatch. What next?

Options
  • 07-01-2019 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

OK, please don't judge. For a number of reasons (including cash flow issues ha ha) I signed up for Phonewatch last year. So at the moment I've got a wireless alarm with them but the contract is nearly up.

The one thing I know for definite is that I want to leave. I can now afford to alarm the house outright. I don't want any more monthly outgoings so I'm happy to reduce the alarm down to one that's unmonitored. All I want from now on is something (an app?) so I'll know if the alarm has been activated.

I assume the keypad and PIRs that were installed last year are of no use to me now? Or are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Do you own keypad, pairs etc or are the property of Phonewatch?
    Have a look at your contract.
    I think you will be starting from scratch with a new alarm.
    Lots of threads here on alarm options and ion Phonewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

OK, please don't judge. For a number of reasons (including cash flow issues ha ha) I signed up for Phonewatch last year. So at the moment I've got a wireless alarm with them but the contract is nearly up.

The one thing I know for definite is that I want to leave. I can now afford to alarm the house outright. I don't want any more monthly outgoings so I'm happy to reduce the alarm down to one that's unmonitored. All I want from now on is something (an app?) so I'll know if the alarm has been activated.

I assume the keypad and PIRs that were installed last year are of no use to me now? Or are they?

If its only a year old you dont own the system so you need them to remove it.
    Either way them sensors will only work with that system they use.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No use whatsoever. And they are not yours anyway. You were only renting them. So as soon as you stop the payments the alarm will stop working anyway.
    Oh and by the way PW will also want to charge you to remove their own equipment.:eek::eek:

Start from scratch & get a few quotes from reputable company's that don't insist on tying you into ongoing charges.

Worth flicking through this sticky if you are wanting to avoid all those monthly payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It looks like we're going to leave Phonewatch, will the alarm not work or is it just the monitoring that wont work?

Mc Love wrote: »
    It looks like we're going to leave Phonewatch, will the alarm not work or is it just the monitoring that wont work?

What system have you installed?

• Advertisement

Concord I believe

Concord I believe

Yes it will work as a standalone alarm.

What I would advise is you get a waiver form off P.W. and request your engineer code.
    You will need this to remove phone numbers the system dials out on and to turn off the phone test.
    Also handy if you have any issues down the line with any faulty devices.

Thanks Altor - do Altor offer nationwide security or is it just Kildare? Will have to look into options should we not renew

Thanks Altor - do Altor offer nationwide security or is it just Kildare? Will have to look into options should we not renew

You're welcome.

We are not allowed advertise on here but please feel free to send me a P.M.

Should you not renew that system can be monitored by any monitoring station.

Good to know thanks!

• Advertisement

Good to know thanks!

No problem, always happy to help

Advertisement