If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49SK8100PLA LG

Options
  • 07-01-2019 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

So after some thinking I've decided I want to upgrade tv that I have in my sitting room. Current set is 4 years old or so.

I was looking at the LG 49SK8100PLA, which I notice is Super UHD. Can I please ask how it compares to other tvs in similar price range in terms of specs? What would be its best features?, Would it be up there with best of 4K tvs besides OLEDs in your opinion?
    Will use it to watch TV including Netflix and gaming on Ps4 Pro. Can I also ask about stand and measurements?

Look forward to hearing from you, cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

So after some thinking I've decided I want to upgrade tv that I have in my sitting room. Current set is 4 years old or so.

I was looking at the LG 49SK8100PLA, which I notice is Super UHD. Can I please ask how it compares to other tvs in similar price range in terms of specs? What would be its best features?, Would it be up there with best of 4K tvs besides OLEDs in your opinion?
    Will use it to watch TV including Netflix and gaming on Ps4 Pro. Can I also ask about stand and measurements?

Hi WoollyRedHat.

The 49SK8100 is a very nice television but not the best 49" on the market unfortunately.
    Currently priced at £599 or 679 Euro.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203382-lg-49sk8100pla-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

It does give some of the higher spec screens a run for their money but there are Samsung's and Sony's on the market that are much better. (You also pay a lot more for them)
    Value for money though you can not beat the LG 49SK8100 and it would be in my opinion the best in its price bracket, it has also been very popular over the Christmas and NEW year period.

The below are the measurements of the TV, including the stand:
    -Width: 1002 mm
    -Depth: 63 mm
    -Height: 644 mm
    -Weight: 13 kg
    -Width (with stand): 1002 mm
    -Depth (with stand): 248 mm
    -Height (with stand): 717 mm
    -Weight with stand: 14.5 kg

It really comes down to budget in the end and what you want to spend on the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hi WoollyRedHat.

The 49SK8100 is a very nice television but not the best 49" on the market unfortunately.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203382-lg-49sk8100pla-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

It does give some of the higher spec screens a run for their money but there are Samsung's and Sony's on the market that are much better. (You also pay a lot more for them)
    Value for money though you can not beat the LG 49SK8100 and it would be in my opinion the best in its price bracket, it has also been very popular over the Christmas and NEW year period.

It really comes down to budget in the end and what you want to spend on the upgrade.
    Hi Kenny, thanks for comprehensive reply and measurements, this is very helpful.

If I was to consider stretching the budget like you suggest, what other options are available on the market that are superior for likes of Samsung's and Sony's?

Hi WoollyRedHat.

Hi Kenny, thanks for comprehensive reply and measurements, this is very helpful.

If I was to consider stretching the budget like you suggest, what other options are available on the market that are superior for likes of Samsung's and Sony's?
    Hi WoollyRedHat,

Kenny is off today so I hope you don;t mind me replying on his behalf.

The Sony KD49XF9005 and the Samsung QLED TVs would be the best 49" TVs on the market.

The Sony KD49XF9005 retails at £999/ 1049 euro and has one of the best panels for colour and contrast using a local dimming panel.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi WoollyRedHat.

Hi WoollyRedHat,

The Sony KD49XF9005 and the Samsung QLED TVs would be the best 49" TVs on the market.

The Sony KD49XF9005 retails at £999/ 1049 euro and has one of the best panels for colour and contrast using a local dimming panel.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Sure no problem, thanks for the reply. Having looked up the Sony KD49XF9005  I do like the look of this.
    Could you tell me more about this model, including the stand that is included with it? Does it upscale standard definition/ HD well?

Hi WoollyRedHat.

Hi WoollyRedHat,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Sure no problem, thanks for the reply. Having looked up the Sony KD49XF9005  I do like the look of this.
    Could you tell me more about this model, including the stand that is included with it? Does it upscale standard definition/ HD well?
    Hi WoollyRedHat.

The 49XF9005 was 5 star reviewed in What HiFi and the 9005 series also won product of the Year in What HiFi. 
    Its a full 10Bit Panel which only the high end television are.
    Uses Android operating system.
    It does a better job at upscaling compared to other on the market as it really is the best 49" TV on the market in my opinion.

The stand is two feet towards the end as in the picture listed on our website:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203176-sony-bravia-kd49xf9005-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Dimensions including stand WxHxD (mm)[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]1093x694x268[/font]

You can also purchase directly via the link supplied or drop me your contact number in a PM and we can call you for details.

• Advertisement

Hi WoollyRedHat.

The 49XF9005 was 5 star reviewed in What HiFi and the 9005 series also won product of the Year in What HiFi. 
    It does a better job at upscaling compared to other on the market as it really is the best 49" TV on the market in my opinion.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203176-sony-bravia-kd49xf9005-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

You can also purchase directly via the link supplied or drop me your contact number in a PM and we can call you for details.

HI Kenny, excellent thanks for this, I've realized that current TV is 47 inch but in width the Sony seems to be actually 2cm smaller. How long would delivery take for this and is it easy enough to set up?

Hi WoollyRedHat.

HI Kenny, excellent thanks for this, I've realized that current TV is 47 inch but in width the Sony seems to be actually 2cm smaller. How long would delivery take for this and is it easy enough to set up?
    Hi WoollyRedHat.

No problem at all.

The Sony is very easy to set up and should not take too long to get it up and running.

Delivery depends on your location.
    Dublin tends to be next day, two at the most and then the rest of Ireland 2-3 days.
    Our courier will send you a text with a time frame for the delivery.

Thanks Kenny. Will have a think over. You don't think price might drop a bit in next month do you?

Thanks Kenny. Will have a think over. You don't think price might drop a bit in next month do you?
    Hi WoollyRedHat,

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to advise as we never know the price changes in advance.

Kind regards

David

Hi WoollyRedHat,

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to advise as we never know the price changes in advance.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Hoping to make a decision on this in next two weeks. In your opinion, is it worth shelling out 200 extra for the OLED LG B8?

• Advertisement

Hi WoollyRedHat,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Hoping to make a decision on this in next two weeks. In your opinion, is it worth shelling out 200 extra for the OLED LG B8?
    Hi WoollyRedHat.

In my opinion 100% yes. There are no better panels on the market than OLED.

Hi WoollyRedHat.

HI, is the one listed on your website the PLA version?

Hi WoollyRedHat.

HI, is the one listed on your website the PLA version?
    Hi WoollyRedHat.

The one listed is the S version.

The PLA is not listed on either .ie or .co.uk but both are the same price:
    https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-OLED55B8PLA

Hi WoollyRedHat.

Am I right in saying you were doing an offer for PLA with sub woofer on here?

Hi WoollyRedHat.

Am I right in saying you were doing an offer for PLA with sub woofer on here?
    Hi WoollyRedHat.

Both the 55B8S and the 55B8PLA are the exact same price of 1279 Euro which is our Boardie deal.
    1279 euro is the best deal we can offer for boardies and is also what the other Boardie was quoted.

Hi WoollyRedHat.

Both the 55B8S and the 55B8PLA are the exact same price of 1279 Euro which is our Boardie deal.
    1279 euro is the best deal we can offer for boardies and is also what the other Boardie was quoted.

HI thanks. Sorry can you let me know difference between the S and PLA then?

Hi WoollyRedHat.

HI thanks. Sorry can you let me know difference between the S and PLA then?
    Hi WoollyRedHat.

The difference is that the PLA has an upgraded speaker system and a different stand.
    The panels are the same.

Hi WoollyRedHat.

The difference is that the PLA has an upgraded speaker system and a different stand.
    The panels are the same.

Thanks for clarifying. Could I get a link, would like to buy.

Hi WoollyRedHat.

The panels are the same.

Thanks for clarifying. Could I get a link, would like to buy.
    Hi WoollyRedHat.

Unfortunately its not listed on either of our websites.

To get the deal offered it would need to be processed manually via the phone.
    There is no current link for the 1279 Euro price.

Or if you order via our website we can change the order to the PLA and refund the 20 Euro back.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203506-lg-oled55b8-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Hi WoollyRedHat.

Unfortunately its not listed on either of our websites.

To get the deal offered it would need to be processed manually via the phone.
    There is no current link for the 1279 Euro price.

Or if you order via our website we can change the order to the PLA and refund the 20 Euro back.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203506-lg-oled55b8-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

HI Kenny, if I order through site can I pm with reference number once purchased so I get PLA model?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

HI Kenny, if I order through site can I pm with reference number once purchased so I get PLA model?

100%, just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie and we will look after that for you.

Thanks for thinking of us!

ATVB,

John Mc and crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.