Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Bye Bye league

Yep! Fully agree. Can’t see a way back from here. Need to be hitting top gear at this stage of season but Liverpool stuck in 1st gear.

Awful performances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

The team look wrecked. We are on a bad run of form at the moment, should win the next one and get back on track hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

awec wrote: »
    If we lose top spot we're not getting it back.

We could lose it on Wednesday and get it back by beating Bournemouth on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Make no mistake here. West Ham haven't been good tonight.

We've been in the right positions constantly but we consistently chose the wrong option or showed really poor touch or were just plain fúcking awful.

That draw was all our own doing. West Ham were utterly there for the taking. We just couldn't do it. And in fact, needed an offside goal to even score.

It's also shown that, in reality, we've fúck all on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have to actually be relieved with a point.

Sad to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Congrats to City on winning another title.

Should have started going direct/taking pot shots from 60 minutes on. It's all well and good saying be patient, but not when there's no creativity in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Those 2 points are going to crucial im afraid.

Worrying thing is we dont look like creating chances at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Klopp and Pelligrini having an extended chat.

Arranging an Anderson for Sturridge swap for July no doubt.

Carra called out the decision to let Clyne leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I think Liverpool are blessed folks got two points in the last week when could easily have got none
    Are an absolute shambles all over the park so many players out of form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Nearly gifted a second offside goal, we've been poor lately and have barely created chances when we've needed them. It's not a good sign.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A real pity Divock didn't finish at the death. 2 points dropped but still 3 points clear. Didn't do enough to win. On top for most of the second half but couldn't make it count. A few players not stepping up to the plate tonight.

I fully expect the doom and gloom merchants to be salivating at the mouth.....there goes the league.....couldn't take the pressure..blah blah blah.

We will surely start to see a few players come back shortly. That could make a significant difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Bye Bye league

Are you trying to protect yourself in case we don't do it? Is that it?

This defeatist attitude is embarrassing.

We are three points clear. Onto the next one.

We will come good from this dip. Just need to keep at it.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We could lose it on Wednesday and get it back by beating Bournemouth on Saturday.
    I mean if we lose it so that we're 2nd when no games in hand.

We have swung from potentially being 7 clear to 3. That is an enormous difference. Enormous.

The pressure only goes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We've played like this several times but got away with it.

As much as anything, I think we're just regressing to the mean.

Most of people's notions about narratives in sport are wrong. It's more a question of randomness and bunching.

That said, one meaningful difference you could point to was defending set pieces. We defended with accuracy and massive balls earlier the season but tonight we were a lot looser.

I think a huge change we're experiencing is not that the team is different but our expectations are, and there's an element of survivorship bias, in that we forget the actual thread of previous games and just have them down as wins.

We're not going to win the rest of our games, but then, neither are City.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I don't buy into the season is over nonsense, but that was gutting.

Still, we lead the table by three points with everyone having played the same number of games. Every other team would swap position with us if they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

So that would appear to be THAT rather than a proper slip up when it was in one hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Great first team. Mediocre squad. We have depth but fook all proper quality in it. The risks were there with our defence but we made no effort to shore up. Firmino is cream crackered, Origi and Sturridge not only aren't good enough to replace them they simply don't fit in the system. The next few months will be a tough watch. We need Trent back asap. The extra width he brings makes us so much more dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ya that was a terrible performance. Midfield were shocking bad all night. Front three constantly picking the wrong pass. Really miss TAA, Hendo and Gini from the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The team has lost it's attacking spark in the last month or so and Klopp has his work cut out to get it back again. Play like that against Bayern and they'll hammer us.

The league is still very much in Liverpool's hands but answers need to be found immediately or it will be over.

The manager has made some big mistakes too - allowing Clyne to go out on loan and not bringing in a centre-back.

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »
    I don't buy into the season is over nonsense, but that was gutting.

Still, we lead the table by three points with everyone having played the same number of games. Every other team would swap position with us if they could.
    Yes but this only makes sense if you remove every bit of context.

If we were 3 points clear after having battled back from being 6 points behind we'd all be here delighted.

We're 3 points clear, have just put 3 terrible performances in a row, dropped 4 points in games that we absolutely should be winning and have tough games to come.

It's beyond saying it is a blip at this stage. It's a trend now. One that needs to be reversed immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Congrats to City on winning another title.

Should have started going direct/taking pot shots from 60 minutes on. It's all well and good saying be patient, but not when there's no creativity in the team.

Yeah we're 3 points clear. Sure may as well just stop playing and let City win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

An offside Origi winner after stoppage time, would’ve been the stuff of dreams but he just doesn’t have the touch of a world class striker to set the shot up properly.

Disappointed to drop 2 points but many in here failing to see the big picture as usual. Still top of the league, lots of good players to come back from injury (Hendo, Lovren and Gini could all be back for the next game even) and our fixture list until the end of the season is kinder than City’s. It’s still in our own hands, so let’s get behind the team and stop calling them “bottlers” or “chokers”. Leave that to the bitters, and prove them wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Carra called out the decision to let Clyne leave.

But he doesn't know what really goes on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There is absolutely no more room for error now.

Hmmm
    City have only won 7 away games all season, their an illusion of a great side based solely on home form. They will drop lots of points yet, I just hope we drop less.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What are you talking about??

City beat Everton they go top.

We draw or beat Bournemouth Saturday, we are top again.

Can posters stop feeding into the sky crap about being top.

It matters at the end of the season, not between Wednesday and Saturday!

Being realistic folks I can’t see that team win the league can’t create nothing atm god I hope I’m wrong but city now favourites with the bookies and it looks justified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Gbear wrote: »
    We're not going to win the rest of our games, but then, neither are City.

City have an easier run-in than we do. If I was putting money down now I certainly wouldn't be putting it on Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Plenty seem to be raising the white flag . . .

And unfortunately they all seem to play for Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I agree on the squad as whole not being good enough but we knew that already. Besides the front 3 we really don't have anything else to trouble teams especially from the bench.

League is not over yet but the form is worrying. Badly missed Gini Hendo and TAA tonight. Need a big response on Saturday as City will make mince meat of Everton on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tbf he only watches when we’re not doing well.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    What are you talking about??

City beat Everton they go top.

We draw or beat Bournemouth Saturday, we are top again.

Can posters stop feeding into the sky crap about being top.

It matters at the end of the season, not between Wednesday and Saturday!

Jesus christ will you read the thread?

Hmmm
    City have only won 7 away games all season, their an illusion of a great side based solely on home form. They will drop lots of points yet, I just hope we drop less.

A lot to hope for given our form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

One swallow does not a summer make, but Naby Keita looked very good tonight, if he played like Fabinho no doubt people would be raving about how it was another poor performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Tell ye what, I'm really glad the neutrals awarded us the league a few weeks ago!

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Yeah we're 3 points clear. Sure may as well just stop playing and let City win.

I’m not sure if you have noticed but we apparently have already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Unlike City if our front 3 dont turn up we dont win ,
    We have nothing from the bench attacking wise , we cant even drop one of our attackers if there in bad form ,

Prem is gone bottling games in Janauary amd Feb we have no hope come April ,

Gave away the same goal as Wednesday , soft free and not defending the freekick good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

D'Agger wrote: »
    One swallow does not a summer make, but Naby Keita looked very good tonight, if he played like Fabinho no doubt people would be raving about how it was another poor performance

He was awful first half ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Disappointing last 2 games but City have lost 4 league games in the last 10 so I don't get why everybody thinks they won't drop any more points.

Players will come back in the squad and I'm sure they'll regroup and come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

A game of two halves - terrible in the 1st,much improved second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

3 points clear. No room for error now, maybe thats what we need. If it is pressure, which I dont think it is, its a really bad sign with a 1/3 of the season to go. Plenty of football to go. Need Trent back ASAP, that balace is crucial....even Lovren would improve us at CB....lack of goals from anyone outside the front three too. Plenty of problems but I back Klopp to sort them.

Disappointing to see so many write off a team thats been amazing this season but thats fickle football fans for ya.

• Advertisement

He was actually decent in the 2nd half but has moments of awful slackness.

Ya that was a terrible performance. Midfield were shocking bad all night. Front three constantly picking the wrong pass. Really miss TAA, Hendo and Gini from the team.

In reality the midfield could easily have been, .Milner, Gini, Henderson, some comparison right there. Fabinho needs gini and hendo around him. Keita is trying to do too much at times and not being as physical as he needs to be more often than not.
    The balance of the team was all wrong tonight, but that should be better from now on.

We're 3 pts clear at top of the league with a lot of tough games now out of the way, and we're talking like we are 10 adrift and out of the title race.
    Weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ricero wrote: »
    I agree on the squad as whole not being good enough but we knew that already. Besides the front 3 we really don't have anything else to trouble teams especially from the bench.

League is not over yet but the form is worrying. Badly missed Gini Hendo and TAA tonight. Need a big response on Saturday as City will make mince meat of Everton on Wednesday.

Football fans baffle me sometimes.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A lot to hope for given our form.

What form? It's only 2 draws.

Before that form was Won 19 Drew 3 Lost 1.

Our form is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Hmmm
    i agree, didn't think much of them against Arsenal, the gooners defence were dreadful. However, Liverpools midfield is weak, we need a commanding midfielder, established at that, i was hoping for a signing in January but most of tbe media reports were for young midfielders, Klopp appears to prefer youth but once in a while he should consideran older established player. Anyway, i think city may drop points tomorrow and i really fancy Chelsea to beat them, chin up boys, we can grind out the results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

NukaCola wrote:
    3 points clear. No room for error now, maybe thats what we need. If it is pressure, which I dont think it is, its a really bad sign with a 1/3 of the season to go. Plenty of football to go. Need Trent back ASAP, that balace is crucial....even Lovren would improve us at CB....lack of goals from anyone outside the front three too. Plenty of problems but I back Klopp to sort them.

Trent coming back is key. We need him to stretch teams and give space to the front three.

Only 1 away game left in Feb, rest at home. Need to rack up the points, a trip to United is the worry this month, but again, a great game to get out of way in middle of a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

We miss a creative midfielder to make a killer pass against packed defences or score from distance...Coutinho would be ideal at the moment but then again we mightn't have had the money to get VVD if Phil wasn't sold to Barca.

Jesus christ will you read the thread?

I read your post....that was more than enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement