Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's not very fair. He may have Dyslexia and may struggle with spelling and grammar. That's why I suggested to take a moment and re-read his posts.

I don't want to be making fun of someone with a learning difficulty.

Out of curiosity I checked some of his other posts. He's got a better grasp of English than me! Here's one from some NFL forum

human error or just subjective officiating, or do you believe that they are mandated to do this, like a giant league wide conspiracy?

I'm knot sure it is leg it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Spotted this on twitter , puts it into perspective.
    Perception is a funny thing in football isn’t it. In the last ten games City have dropped 12 points, we’ve dropped 7.

City have lost to 3 of the teams outside the top 6, we’ve drawn against 2 of them

Yet Liverpool are percieved as the ones bottling it and blowing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dcully wrote: »
    Spotted this on twitter , puts it into perspective.

I seen this ,
    City have won 6 out of 10, lost to Chelsea .Newcastle, Palace, Leicester ,
    Liverpool have lost to City and drew with Westham and Leicester,

Wi n on Saturday and all of a sudden it doesn't look so bad again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I seen this ,

That's it. A hopefully back to form win against Bournemouth before a bit of a gap between Bayern and then Utd games.
    Hopefully we can get a few bodies back fit between then and get cracking again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Just in case anyone is wondering (I was) about the injury list...

Hendo, Wijnaldum and TAA are all rated as 'slight doubt' for Saturday, with Feb 9th down as their return date.
    Lovren (hamstring) has no return date yet, neither does Gomez (ankle).
    Oxlade-Chamberlain is still down for March 30, but Klopp has said he is 'really close.'

All dates and info from Physio Room, which tends to be pretty up to date with what the club has said.

Presume the next full update will be on Thursday/Friday in the presser from Klopp.

• Advertisement

And, on the injury front...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rhian-brewster-amazing-liverpool-prospect-15787368

Brewster declared fit and available. Some nice comments in there about how the club wanted him to complete his rehab with the first team and not the academy. Would be great to see him in and around the first team next season.

Just in case anyone is wondering (I was) about the injury list...

Hendo, Wijnaldum and TAA are all rated as 'slight doubt' for Saturday, with Feb 9th down as their return date.
    Lovren (hamstring) has no return date yet, neither does Gomez (ankle).
    Oxlade-Chamberlain is still down for March 30, but Klopp has said he is 'really close.'

All dates and info from Physio Room, which tends to be pretty up to date with what the club has said.

Presume the next full update will be on Thursday/Friday in the presser from Klopp.

I expect Gini back possibly Hendo for the weekend but I doubt it , ,

Trent in team for United and Lovren back in squad,

I think OX really close means the next month ,
    I think really close in terms of him being out so long if you get me ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Neuer apparently has torn ligaments in his hand and may miss both CL games vs Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Knex. wrote: »
    Neuer apparently has torn ligaments in his hand and may miss both CL games vs Liverpool.

Which may or may not be of advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Knex. wrote: »

They are literally showing us signs to take the bull by the horns.

Hope we're not ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

this is our time. the iron is hot. time to strike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

48ebd0fc17831d0858eeff0a3c97e998bd551c121d0271830b32f4460cefd348.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Which may or may not be of advantage.

Well their backup is this guy.

OpenConsciousGemsbok-max-1mb.gif

Neuer might be struggling with injuries but he's better than him

Ah tbf to Sven Ulreich, he did a decent job filling in for Neuer last season. He made a pretty massive, high profile mistake on a big scale, but I think we all know of another German keeper capable of doing the same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That's awful, hope they find him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

That's not very fair. He may have Dyslexia and may struggle with spelling and grammar. That's why I suggested to take a moment and re-read his posts.

I don't want to be making fun of someone with a learning difficulty.
    I'm no expert but I don't think dyslexia causes an utter breakdown of syntax complimented with written broken English.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fieldog wrote: »

Sadly its rampant in the game, this sort of stuff along with w**ker gestures should be dealt with.
    Absolute cretins so brave surrounded by other abusing cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Lovren really poxed us with his late return from WC - has never been fully fit this season and always playing catchup. Just shows the value of a good pre-season ...

All will be forgiven when we beat Bournemouth this week. Back on top and back in the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sadly its rampant in the game, this sort of stuff along with w**ker gestures should be dealt with.

Along with the tried and tested Sign on song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Liverpool fans are guilty of it too, it's quite normalized in that fans at games use abuse as a way to seek an advantage. I'm sure that guy has many Muslim friends yet will put down Mo at a football game just to put him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would love to see another cool head in the squad, we could do with a McAllister in the squad right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I wouldn't mind a Souness or Stevie G. A no-nonsense "hon-te f**k" type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Be a huge boost if we could get Trent, Hendo and Gini back saturday.
    For all the acclaim our front 3 have gotten this season and last, its the hard working midfield and defensive players have got us to where we are this season. Gini especially has become essential to the starting XI.

Lovren really poxed us with his late return from WC - has never been fully fit this season and always playing catchup. Just shows the value of a good pre-season ...

All will be forgiven when we beat Bournemouth this week. Back on top and back in the race.

I don't think it was his late return, he has never played 7 games in a row for us before this season because of Injury , This season Wolves was his 7th and he went off injured after what 2 minutes ?

He just injury prone, so is Matip and Gomez seems to be the same even if unlucky , neither of the 3 can be trusted to stay fit ,

rob316 wrote: »
    Be a huge boost if we could get Trent, Hendo and Gini back saturday.
    For all the acclaim our front 3 have gotten this season and last, its the hard working midfield and defensive players have got us to where we are this season. Gini especially has become essential to the starting XI.

Trent is massive for us now ,with Gomez injured and Clyne gone we have no one to get forward and provided the width on the right
    Its vital , someone bombing mean's less chance off doubling up on Salah and allows for him space when he tucks in ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Manchester born Anthony Taylor in charge of Liverpool on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Trent is massive for us now ,with Gomez injured and Clyne gone we have no one to get forward and provided the width on the right
    Its vital , someone bombing mean's less chance off doubling up on Salah and allows for him space when he tucks in ,

Clyne was never that good going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Clyne was never that good going forward.

Yeah Clyne or Gomez are hardly any better than Milner getting forward

• Advertisement

robwen wrote: »
    Yeah Clyne or Gomez are hardly any better than Milner getting forward

Yes that is correct both are likely worse on the ball than Milner,
    But the West ham defender can't say "oh look its just Clyne / Gomez out there i'll leave them free, " the fact the two lads can move with pace and often means they would have stretched the defence more and gaps would appear,

Do you get what im saying , its the constant treat of the two lads, in our team its the position that gets through the most yards and sprints ,

Milner looked like he aged over night last two times out as a right back ,

One of the only times Milner got forward he crossed for a goal , He was absolutely knackered after a few minutes and couldn't make the runs and get back in time, You seen second half he didn't go forward much at all as he knew he couldn't get back ,

But to be fair didn't Jurgen say Milner had the flu and wasn't going to play until Hendo and Gini dropped out ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We have come along way from the first half of the season when TAA was the weakness in the defence and should be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Manchester born Anthony Taylor in charge of Liverpool on Saturday

Mike Dean in charge of Citv V Chelsea, and he's on his 99th red card, you know he's waiting to give 100 to a big name, hopefully goes our way!

We have come along way from the first half of the season when TAA was the weakness in the defence and should be playing.

He still is our weakest defender bar Moreno but he's miles better going forward from right back than Hendo or Milner,

For me Gomez and Clyne are better at defending but we don't need that in 90 % of the games we play where we dominate the ball ,

Away to the top 5 i'd play Gomez right back , Lovren with VVD in the middle,

Unfortunately we don't have the options right now ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Not really. I don't think people were particularly keen on anyone else coming in except Gomez, and maybe trying to see how Clyne would get on.

Weaknesses are always relative.

As much as people moaned about Mignolet or Karius, we'd have obviously been clamouring for their return if they had been injured last season and we were left with a 12 year old in goal.

I don't think there's any greater appraisal of TAA's season off the back of his absense. It's just that unlike our other options he is actually a full back (albeit only recently).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can see Sliva getting the sack tonight when City slaughter them.

City will rake up the goal difference tonight I see them scoring 6/7 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

6 or 7 away from home is a tall order. Even as good as city can be and how poor everton are. Plus, after the toffees losing 3-1 at home to wolves last time out there should be some sort of reaction. (Still think City will win well)

Nah, surely Silva is safe until the summer at the very least? Everton are in no danger of going down and until the recent patch of bad form, they were doing alright.

If they don't improve between now and May, Moshiri and co might decide to review their options and may even scope out potential replacements between now and then. But, pulling the trigger won't make much of a difference now I don't think.

They need to clear out an absolute heap of deadwood (Baines, Jagielka, Tosun, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Bolasie, Ramirez, Martina, Niasse, Mirallas, Williams, Onyekuru...) and reinvest in some good, targeted investment and actually solve the problems that they have.

The basis for a good team is there - Pickford, Digne, Gomes, Richarlison, Gueye and some of the youngsters like Lookman, Calvert-Lewin, etc - are all decent and capable of better. Chopping and changing by bringing in a short-term fire fighter again before moving back in another direction in 6 months won't help.

That said, I guess we will actually find out what Silva is made of between now and May if Everton do keep him. He's never been in a job long enough (in England) to see if he can turn around a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd day they'll win 3-0 buy with the game wrapped up at HT.

Can only assume the is 6/7 stuff is reverse jinxing!

Its a shame cos I'd usually look at a trip to Goodison as a tough game in most seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

The irons were hot Monday night. We were stone cold, still acclimatising to the UK winter after that bloody warm weather flu camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I seen this ,

The last 5 games show recent form a lot more than the 5 before that. 2 one goal victoeies and 2 draws and a loss. If this is the worst run of games we had well be ok. We should be hammering bournemouth but any sort of a win will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I see Paddy Power are giving out €25 free to all customers tonight. All you have to do is put €100 on Man City to win and they’ll give you back €125 at full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

martyos121 wrote: »
    I see Paddy Power are giving out €25 free to all customers tonight. All you have to do is put €100 on Man City to win and they’ll give you back €125 at full time.

Fools and their money

1-1 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Interesting alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47144113

Mohamed Salah: West Ham investigate racist abuse of Liverpool striker

As if they will get him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Odd Everton team. Left Richarlison, Sigurdsson and Coleman on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I see City are favourites.....in case we needed any more proof that the boards wannabe bookmakers haven’t got a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Should be fined and docked points if that's the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Would you go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Weird move tbh.

Silva playing the populist card????... Heh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

cjmc wrote: »
    Should be fined and docked points if that's the case

I have to believe you're extracting the urine!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement