Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ebbsy wrote: »
    We have to do our own business. No point in looking at other teams if we can't win ourselves.

Have to win on Saturday. Klopp has to show he can win the league this year.

No more **** draws. No more scoring first and fizzling out.

If he doesn't win Saturday then get Conte. He will drag us over the line this year.

hTDGHhb.gif?noredirect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Good Lord.

Brilliant isn't it? Conte. PMSL

The trip to Dubai to refresh us has had the opposite effect. We've been tired looking since we returned.
    Still think table is an illusion tonight. Need to win on Saturday, City play again on Sunday, a loss to Chelsea and we could be 6 points ahead if we win our game following that.
    The margins really are so tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What I am saying makes sense. If it goes tits up on Saturday then we know we are in the ****.

Then we need Conte. He has done it before.

It all comes down to Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

The amount of people pissing in their knickers on this thread lately is mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Owl. wrote: »
    The amount of people pissing in their knickers on this thread lately is mind boggling.

Maybe 1 or 2 have lost the plot (this Conte talk has to be a wind up) but other than that, I think you are exaggerating the reality tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This could be it now from now until April the leaders could change after each team plays the way the fixtures are set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭BenK

What I am saying makes sense. If it goes tits up on Saturday then we know we are in the ****.

Then we need Conte. He has done it before.

It all comes down to Saturday.

I'm a United fan and I'd love it to happen but it makes zero sense. Get rid of the manager that has you in a position you probably shouldn't really be in, all things considered (finances) and bring in a manager who plays a completely different type of football based on the result of one match, that even if lost, still leaves you right in the mix for the title. Mental suggestion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Owl. wrote: »

Unreal,if salah doesn't score on Saturday he should be sold!! our own fans calling us bottlers Monday night, fellas would want to have a good look at themselves,our squad was always short in real quality which I always felt could come against us,hopefully things pick up again starting Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

We have to do our own business. No point in looking at other teams if we can't win ourselves.

Have to win on Saturday. Klopp has to show he can win the league this year.

No more **** draws. No more scoring first and fizzling out.

If he doesn't win Saturday then get Conte. He will drag us over the line this year.

I read this and genuinely thought I was reading the humor thread!!

• Advertisement

It's a serious suggestion.

Sleep on it lads.

You know it makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just say no kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

It's a serious suggestion.

Sleep on it lads.

You know it makes sense.

Well played, I’ll give you a trolltastic 8/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

ebbsy wrote:
    Sleep on it lads.

I think you should take your own advice

Nobody wants to wait another year for the league.

Win or bust for Mr. Klopp on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Even as a fan you would be concerned.

Liverpool are playing very poor at present. They do not look like a team that could win the league.

Liverpool are not playing at present.

Man City did not look like a team that could win the league last week against Newcastle.

Did Liverpool look a team that could win the league in the first 24 games of the season?

I'll worry when it's out of our hands, right now we are in a great position. I fancy us to win on Saturday, and think Chelsea with their new striker can upset City on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'll be happy to finish above Man Utd. 3rd will be progress in what is turning out to be a record breaking season for points won

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Any kind of a win on Saturday and then 2 weeks to get ready for Utd.
    They wouldn't dare drop points with so many of the thread going over:pac:

• Advertisement

People were more positive when we were 7 behind City and chasing them. I personally think we will win league with games to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

murpho999 wrote: »

Liverpool are playing very poor at present. They do not look like a team that could win the league.

Liverpool are not playing at present.

Man City did not look like a team that could win the league last week against Newcastle.

Did Liverpool look a team that could win the league in the first 24 games of the season?

I think you know what i mean by at present.

Every team will have a few bad games.

But pool have had a sustained period of poor play and performances.

We are in different place now.

The defence has lost a bit of confidence, we have injuries.

The Midfield is an unsettled mix and inconsistent.

The forward line has had another dip in form.

Its head in sand stuff, if you are talking about the first 1/2 of the season.

You dont win league like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

many people act like tiny female dog. buut this ok. we ready for fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Hopefully this will be a good kick up the jacksie.

I do genuinely believe getting dragged back into a scrap for the title will suit us better. As frustrating as it is this, for all the leadership that's now in the team, they haven't quite achieved that winners mentality so they will prefer to be underdogs again.

Even after the sheikhs arrived at City it took a couple of years for them to truly develop that air of winning entitlement. We just need to get there somehow once and after that we won't be stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So now that we've slept on it is there anything to be said for Conte?

No, didn't think so.

noodler wrote: »

No, didn't think so.

You are thinking about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I have to stop reading this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

We should be scrapping with Spurs and Arsenal for 4th instead of duking it out with City for the title.

Not to mention in the latter stages of the CL.

What a season this has been. Maybe we end of losing, but it doesn't change the extradorinaiy job the manager and players have done thus far.

A result against Bournemouth and we're top with a dozen games left. I would never have believed I'd be posting that sentence back in August.

I'm going to try and enjoy this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

ebbsy wrote:
    You are thinking about it though.

It would be the single stupidest thing to he ever done by any team on the planet in all of history. I include valencia hiring gary neville in that.

Lecister got a draw against us. They beat both city and chelsea in the last few weeks.

West ham have beaten united and arsenal this season. They got a draw against us.

We shoudnt have been held against either side. But lets be clear here. Our slump consisted of two draws. Nowhere as slumpy as citys two losses over christmas or their loss to newcastle. Sure it sucks we drew but we were always gonna have a bit of a blip. We have no defence ffs. But we are still joint top with a game in hand. A draw at the weekend puts us top.

Of course winning the last two games would have been better. Of cpurse winning on saturday is better. But its the league ffs. If it was that easy to win we woildnt have been waiting 30 f'n years.

So while im sure your conte sugegestion is riddled in a substance most commonly used with a rod, getting rid of klopp is a stupid thought. His first season we gave up hope and sacked rodgers. We wrote off the season yet klopp brought that struggling side to a cup final. Last season we had no right to get to the champions league final considering our defence. Best attack in europe yes but also worst defense in europe. This season we have not played our best at any stage yet we sit top bar goal difference with only a few games to go.

Klopp is making our team play better than they should. He is a special manager in the ilk of pep wenger fergie and jose. Conte would be trading in a porshe for a fiat.

Stop moaning and enjoy the wind in your hair. We will get there.

Mr.H wrote: »
    ......This season we have not played our best at any stage yet we sit top bar goal difference with only a few games to go.

The way we play now is likely our best imo, it's not as entertaining as before but yields more ppg. It's our best.

A few games to go? A third of the season iirc, is a tad + more than a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

He is and city mastering the dark arts like Barca did under Pep

deffo... they all get away with their wee pull backs when they lose the ball... most other teams get penalised... maybe they are just better at doing it ?

Then when they get penalised they do not get booked for the constant fouling.. just my 2c's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

yup unfortunately all the injuries have caught up with us.. I think we will be better going forward with TAA back... hopefully it;s this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I think I'll be blanking social media and boards for the foreseeable. I said back at the start of January that there would be plenty of twist of turns. Like the reason we went 7 points clear was down to a swing of 2-3 games and that's all it would take for City to catch up. That's exactly what has happened, no more and no less. I'm still relaxed about things but the constant bull**** going round wears thin. There's only so much stupidity I can deal with in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The trip to Dubai to refresh us has had the opposite effect. We've been tired looking since we returned.
    Still think table is an illusion tonight. Need to win on Saturday, City play again on Sunday, a loss to Chelsea and we could be 6 points ahead if we win our game following that.
    The margins really are so tight.

I would assume the trip to Dubai to get refreshed is not for now but for March/April when we will need it. the sports scientists and data analysists would have this all planned out along with Klopp.

I read before that they treat games in blocks, so lets say they picked the following games at the latest block

Brighton
    Palace
    Leicester
    West Ham
    Bournemouth

I guess they would have been saying get 13 out of 15 and would be a good return. If we win on Saturday it will be 11 out of 15 which is not the end of the world.

Long way to go in the league and lots of twists and turns, as per my prediction post couple weeks ago we can see now how wrong that was.
    No one knows what results will happen or how. It's the long game not a short sprint.

Those saying get rid of Klopp for Conte .... Jesus :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

See all the posts rising now that we were 10 clear at christmas and bottled it , everyone and their dog knew the rival fans were building us up over that time waiting for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

We should be scrapping with Spurs and Arsenal for 4th instead of duking it out with City for the title.

What a season this has been. Maybe we end of losing, but it doesn't change the extradorinaiy job the manager and players have done thus far.

A result against Bournemouth and we're top with a dozen games left. I would never have believed I'd be posting that sentence back in August.

Do you watch football or do you just go off the back of who has spent more money & pays higher wages?

No we should have a good lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There's no reason for the lads to be losing the head, last 2 results have been disappointing but West Ham and Leicester have scalped a few results against good sides this season already. The results aren't disastrous we haven't lost to any of them. Beat Bournemouth comfortably on Saturday and the mood will be lifted again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Fair play to Everton last night, they put it up to City. The thing that I can't get over is how Fernandinoho remained on the pitch, he should have got at least 4 yellow cards :)

Ah well, let's just win the next one and get back on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

No we shouldn't.
    We made a champions league final last season, I expected to see a little progress in the league this year after improving our squad.
    Still not out of the race just have to quickly negotiate out of the poor form over the last few weeks.

rob316 wrote: »
    There's no reason for the lads to be losing the head.............

Indeed.
    Our current ppg is probably more realistic than it were 2 games ago.
    And 2.48ppg is mighty impressive.
    3 points at the weekend would be top class :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

bourmouth must be beaten badly at weekend. midfield must take charge and look for incision at all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

bourmouth must be beaten badly at weekend. midfield must take charge and look for incision at all times.

Nice couple of goals and a clean sheet would be ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

noodler wrote: »

No, didn't think so.

Might be worth considering..

Conte could succeed at Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Saturday is Huge anything but a win and I'd seriously worry about us ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anything to be said for skipping Conte and going straight for Mourinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Saturday is Huge anything but a win and I'd seriously worry about us ,

Especially with the next game being away to Utd. I don't forsee us winning that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Do you watch football or do you just go off the back of who has spent more money & pays higher wages?

Because presumably this doesn't have a massive bearing on who wins the title :rolleyes:

This isn't Football Manager sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I do genuinely believe getting dragged back into a scrap for the title will suit us better. As frustrating as it is this, for all the leadership that's now in the team, they haven't quite achieved that winners mentality so they will prefer to be underdogs again.

Even after the sheikhs arrived at City it took a couple of years for them to truly develop that air of winning entitlement. We just need to get there somehow once and after that we won't be stopped.

I agree, Obviously being ahead is objectively better but the old 'sit on the shoulder of the leader' psychology is very powerful in all sports esp if, as you say this is a team without wining experience. That said staying just ahead by winning on Saturday (?) is definitely preferable! :) At some point the real pressure will hit as lack of games to catch up will become increasingly powerful in the minds of City (and Spurs if they are still at the sharp end).

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

To be fair, I do think we probably overachieved in the first half of the season, culminating with topping the League without really playing well. The difference of having VVD and Alison meant we became harder to score against and beat, but we did suffer at the other end, with very few glimpses of the flamboyant front 3 from last season. We eked out results in the league without great performances, we all wondered how could we could become if we could turn in those performances, but instead we have hit a bit of a flat spot.

Overall I think City on form are 5-7 points better than anyone else in the Premiership, but that does not mean they will necessarily win, given their own blips this season. They too have struggled for consistency and I think overall opposing teams have cottoned on how to play against the high energy pressing and possession of both City and Liverpool, meaning they both now struggle to dominate teams as they did last season.

Whilst we have lost both points and a degree of form, I am still hugely happy with where we now stand, and would readily have grabbed it at the start of the season, particularly given the injuries we have had. Hopefully, our blip is finished, we get players back from injury (Dejan, Trent, Hendo and Gini in short term, Ox and Gomez in medium term) and the others re-find the form we know they have (Mo, Bobby). Whatever the outcome, I am loving the journey, I think Jurgen has done a masterful job and I do think he is setting team out to finish stronger at end of season, which hopefully will yield rewards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Even if we finish 2nd it will still be great progress from last season.

And all our players on long contracts. A few more smart signings in the summer & we will challenge again next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement