Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is Lovren due back against Bournemouth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Don't think so,
    There has been no talk of him which leaves me to believe he won't be back for a while ,

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Seems unlikely, but does seem to be a decent enough chance that at least some of Trent/Hendo/Gini will be fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Because presumably this doesn't have a massive bearing on who wins the title :rolleyes:

This isn't Football Manager sunshine.

Exactly, so why do you think we should be competing with Arsenal and Spurs for 4th? Why not 2nd or 3rd?

Why Arsenal? Why not Man Utd or Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm finding it harder and harder to distinguish between parody accounts wind up accounts and real accounts these days.

Conte lol

We all know it's the return of The Rodgers that's needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Don't beat Bournemouth it's game over, but we will, nice solid 3-0 win hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

the strenth of pace is key in this match hope mane can unleash. is vital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Saturday is Huge anything but a win and I'd seriously worry about us ,

Every game for the last six months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

the strenth of pace is key in this match hope mane can unleash. is vital

Mane was great the other night goal aside I thought....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Fieldog wrote: »

been the only one stepping up in last two games imo

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »

i agree. we need him to keep going and crush bournemouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Bournemouth will suit int he sense that they will come out and try and play a bit of ball,

crowd needs to be bouncing it's been flat and nervous over last couple of home games,

a lot of the fans have no real clue how to handle a title race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    a lot of the fans have no real clue how to handle a title race

Play the headspace app over the tannoy system at half time perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't beat Bournemouth it's game over, but we will, nice solid 3-0 win hopefully.

I think we'll win too but why would it be game over if we don't?

City to play Chelsea the next day and worst case scenario we'd be 3 points behind with a game in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think we'll win too but why would it be game over if we don't?

City to play Chelsea the next day and worst case scenario we'd be 3 points behind with a game in hand.

I've been level headed about the last two results but I would deem Bournemouth as a critical must win if we want to keep pushing for the title. Gets to a point when 3 points will be the only thing that will serve us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Are we the 3pm on Sky on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

No don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

more than likely get it on NBCSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No they are showing HUD v Ars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I can see Chelsea getting at least a point on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wouldn't do it to yourself tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Chelsea owe us a title from 2015.

i'm not accepting anything less than another 3 points from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We've lost 6 games in two seasons and people are saying Klopp needs replacing, it's crazy.
    German fans sing constantly at 0-0 in tight important games, English fans sit in silence, in terror of what could happen. Hope crowd can play it's part Saturday.

Depends on if Hazard shows up and fancies it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Saw a headline of Hargreaves saying Liverpool need to play with a smile again and I agree with him. Has looked so laboured in the last few games and the players aren't enjoying themselves.

I thought we would still play the same way as the last couple of seasons but with a better keeper and defender. I know it probably wasn't really sustainable to play like that but the desire to 'manage' a game this year seems to have really stifled the creative output. The amount of times a player receives the ball, doesn't attempt to turn on it, and instead just gives it back to the same player. This seems to be happening around the middle of the pitch, not near the opposition's box.

I know it's a fine balance but we seem to be more concerned about not conceding chances than we are of creating them ourselves. Allison hasn't been tested too much and we have the best defensive record in the league because of it. But look at Utd's form now. They're conceding plenty of chances and if it wasn't for De Gea they wouldn't be on this run, but they're creating plenty of chances too. I thought we bought Allison so when the defence are caught out, we might have a chance of not conceding. I think he's one of the keepers with the fewest shots faced in the league.

I think we need a bit more freedom as a team. The midfield doesn't help when Klopp's preferred choice seems to be Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum. I think at least one of Keita (I know he hasn't been great) and Shaqiri should be starting every game. I also think we should go back to Salah on the right and Firmino up front. That's how the 3 played last year. With Keita or Shaqiri in an attacking midfield role.

Just want to point out that I do know we're doing better this year. But I'd love the team to be more exciting and confident again.

Think Klopp has to revert back to Salah on the wing and Bobby in the middle again.
    As soon as Salah switched to the wing v west ham there was a marked improvement. He is soooo much better picking up the ball and running at the opposition. Immediately the fear factor goes up (and the excitement from the crowd too!!) Too often than not this year he's been shut down in games because of playing centrally.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Steven Gerrard owes us a title from 2015.

i'm not accepting anything less than another 3 points from them.

Fixed that for you

MD1990 wrote: »
    ............ A few more smart signings in the summer & we will challenge again next year.

.... our year :pac:
    RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    been the only one stepping up in last two games imo

Indeed, like the CL final once Salah went off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Nerdlingr wrote:
    Think Klopp has to revert back to Salah on the wing and Bobby in the middle again. As soon as Salah switched to the wing v west ham there was a marked improvement. He is soooo much better picking up the ball and running at the opposition. Immediately the fear factor goes up (and the excitement from the crowd too!!) Too often than not this year he's been shut down in games because of playing centrally.

We need trent and salah down the right and Firmino pushed forward. If only to banish the memory of Bobby's performance from Monday night. Fab one of gini/hendo and keita in the middle.

Also we need someone who can take a set piece. Our delivery has been woeful of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

We've lost 6 games in two seasons and people are saying Klopp needs replacing, it's crazy.

Conte had lost 3 games at this point of the season he won the title, and 15 games over the past 2 seasons in comparison....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Also we need someone who can take a set piece. Our delivery has been woeful of late.

Without Trent or Shaq on we have Salah kicking corners in the knees and chest of the first man, it's frustrating to watch him do it multiple times a game and not being told to get away from the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's curious how teams forget how to play football, during a season - passing off, dead balls off, knowing when to step up off, pressing off and none of that really has anything to do with who is on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

Fromvert wrote: »
    Without Trent or Shaq on we have Salah kicking corners in the knees and chest of the first man, it's frustrating to watch him do it multiple times a game and not being told to get away from the ball.

You'd also have to think he'd be the man to get a few goals from messed up corners if he was around the edge of the box

• Advertisement

We should be scrapping with Spurs and Arsenal for 4th instead of duking it out with City for the title.

Not to mention in the latter stages of the CL.

What a season this has been. Maybe we end of losing, but it doesn't change the extradorinaiy job the manager and players have done thus far.

A result against Bournemouth and we're top with a dozen games left. I would never have believed I'd be posting that sentence back in August.

I'm going to try and enjoy this.

I'm enjoying nearly every minute of this year, annoyed when we drop points but that goes quickly when I take into account our overall position. Very few years we've had where we were actually considered contenders so if you can't enjoy this season you'll likely never enjoy it.

When the weekend roles around I'm looking forward to the game, many seasons at this stage we'd be nearly out of running for even a top 4 finish.
    I'm watching a lot of City's games talking myself into them dropping points and enjoying that too and I'll be adding Spurs to that as they are in the race.

I'm confident we get the win on Saturday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Fromvert wrote:

What's wrong with Milner taking them. Salah scored a goal from one for Egypt which is good for them but the first 2 he took the other night I'd have managed better.
    I know he was getting abuse from fans but I'd be shocked if that wasn't a regular thing that just happened to be recorded & put on social media on Monday.

Not sure if this was posted but Salah ain't getting a call up for Egypt next month as they are already qualified for this summer's ACON.

Thud wrote: »
    You'd also have to think he'd be the man to get a few goals from messed up corners if he was around the edge of the box

Exactly a quick, nimble, alert finisher, reacting first and getting a toe on the ball. He'd surely pick up a couple more goals.

Shaq took the first few v Leicester and kept hitting the first man too. Milner took some recently and kept hitting the first man. And then as you Salah has a go and does the same. I'm always astounded how professional footballers on over 100k a week cannot kick a ball into the centre of the box/penalty spot. :mad::mad:

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    We need trent and salah down the right and Firmino pushed forward. If only to banish the memory of Bobby's performance from Monday night. Fab one of gini/hendo and keita in the middle.

TBH for all my criticism of Keita I hope he does start again on Saturday because either way, people won't be able to avoid the subject any longer. Home against Bournemouth I'm expecting, even demand, that he bosses the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TBH for all my criticism of Keita I hope he does start again on Saturday because either way, people won't be able to avoid the subject any longer. Home against Bournemouth I'm expecting, even demand, that he bosses the game.

What makes you think you've any right to "demand" anything from a player :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

My opinion on the corners thing, we either hit the first man every time or else Salah does a really long kick to the back post.

This trend suggests to me that we are aiming to the near post on purpose, but just failing to beat the first man.

storrm is coming, red vortex of keita comes for the bournemouth

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What makes you think you've any right to "demand" anything from a player :confused:

The same way any fan demands a certain level of performance from those in the starting XI.

FitzShane wrote: »
    My opinion on the corners thing, we either hit the first man every time or else Salah does a really long kick to the back post.

This trend suggests to me that we are aiming to the near post on purpose, but just failing to beat the first man.

I wouldn't worry to much about it,
    Every single teams fans give out about corners because you simply do not score from them very often at all no matter who you are, Look on any fans forum and people give out ,Basically everyone is bad at them because that just how it is its very difficult to score form a corner,

Also we have scored the most goals from set pieces this season in the whole Prem

I wouldn't worry to much about it,
    Every single teams fans give out about corners because you simply do not score from them very often at all no matter who you are, Look on any fans forum and people give out ,Basically everyone is bad at them because that just how it is its very difficult to score form a corner,

Also we have scored the most goals from set pieces this season in the whole Prem

We've won the second most corners so being around that position isn't a shock. What I'd like to see is on average how many corners it takes us to score a goal vs everyone else. That would give a better idea of who is good/bad at offensive corners. I've tried finding the stats but can't see it anywhere.

We've won the second most corners so being around that position isn't a shock. What I'd like to see is on average how many corners it takes us to score a goal vs everyone else. That would give a better idea of who is good/bad at offensive corners. I've tried finding the stats but can't see it anywhere.

Don't forget we are a pretty small side to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

My problem, or I guess the reason, I am not overly concerned about Keita (bar age of course) is that I can kinda see the ability.

And I think it's a rare enough ability to be able to drive forward from midfield like that.

Not every poster beginning with 'Y' will agree..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

FitzShane wrote: »

I suspect its mainly front post, and arrive late like Mane did against West Ham.....although Fabianski saved in........looks like the best way for a smaller guy against a zone defence......ball has to be perfect though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

German fans sing constantly at 0-0 in tight important games, English fans sit in silence, in terror of what could happen. Hope crowd can play it's part Saturday.

If the atmosphere is bad on Saturday, we can actually apportion plenty of the blame on this thread. Heading over in our droves we are. Sing your heart out for the lads. Plenty of time between now and then to learn 'Poor Scouser Tommy'.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement