Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

TAA back with the first team squad for full training.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1093570951407697921

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

TAA back with the first team squad for full training.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1093570951407697921

Very good news. It'll be no surprise that our results will return to the norm when our best players are back, a fact that's been a little, eh, obscured in the 'they're bottling it' narrative.

Trent is vital to the system we play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Slightly off topic perhaps but John Barnes is wonderful. I don't necessarily agree with what he's saying here but he is the most eloquent of any of our former players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

mosstin wrote: »
    Slightly off topic perhaps but John Barnes is wonderful. I don't necessarily agree with what he's saying here but he is the most eloquent of any of our former players.

Would have said Dalglish by a distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Would have said Dalglish by a distance.

There's nothing eloquent about a glaswegian accent to be fair.

Barnes comes across very articulate and intelligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

mosstin wrote: »

I do.

As a guy who suffered some of the worst racist abuse during the days of monkey chanting and banana throwing I think Barnes attitude to the Liam Neeson controversy is mature and considered as opposed to the knee jerk tabloid reaction from most of the talking heads rolled out to be "offended" on the telly.

Neeson admits to an extreme racist reaction (based on an extreme experience) 40 years ago which he became ashamed of and corrected. To pillory him for talking about it is totally counter productive. It'd be much better if people felt they could hold their hand up and discuss such feelings rather than bottle them up.

End of post / discussion. This is a football thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I do.

As a guy who suffered some of the worst racist abuse during the days of monkey chanting and banana throwing I think Barnes attitude to the Liam Neeson controversy is mature and considered as opposed to the knee jerk tabloid reaction from most of the talking heads rolled out to be "offended" on the telly.

Neeson admits to an extreme racist reaction (based on an extreme experience) 40 years ago which he became ashamed of and corrected. To pillory him for talking about it is totally counter productive. It'd be much better if people felt they could hold their hand up and discuss such feelings rather than bottle them up.

End of post / discussion. This is a football thread!!!

End of discussion and back to football once you’ve had your say!
    We need to talk about vengeance, I remember when a good Muslim friend of mine had his shoulder purposely put out by a Spanish guy, I spent a week walking around with a cosh, hoping some Spanish bastard would give me **** so I could kill him. I realize now that was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Chelsea owe us a title from 2015.

i'm not accepting anything less than another 3 points from them.
    Tomw86 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you

Should of fixed the year first..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Agree with Barnes but actually think that was relatively inarticulate!

Got what he meant etc just alot of wasted words and repetition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

noodler wrote: »
    Agree with Barnes but actually think that was relatively inarticulate!

Got what he meant etc just alot of wasted words and repetition.

Unfortunately repetition is the only thing that really works these days... its the only way to keep your message consistent and stop it from being warped. We see it in everything from football to politics, and ya have to say, its effective.

It's the problem with two sides going into a debate not to discuss and find a common truth, but rather for the host to impose the narrative they're looking for onto the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is my love is too potent
    but I would rather love you with all I am
    than reserve an ounce and cause you to doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mohamed Salah is set to be rested for Egypt's fixtures in March's international break, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) have confirmed to ESPN FC.

Egypt are scheduled to play Niger in their final Africa Cup of Nations qualifier -- a tournament they have already qualified for -- before travelling to Nigeria for a friendly.

And EFA spokesperson Osama Ismail said the Liverpool forward would not feature in the fixtures taking place on March 22 and 26.

That's something positive, nothing worse than international game injuries

Hopefully Mane & Keita are given the same break off by their international managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Unfortunately repetition is the only thing that really works these days... its the only way to keep your message consistent and stop it from being warped. We see it in everything from football to politics, and ya have to say, its effective.

It's the problem with two sides going into a debate not to discuss and find a common truth, but rather for the host to impose the narrative they're looking for onto the subject.

I just think it was a lack of composure tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wonder if Trent will be back at RB tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

on the corners, I was actually amazed to see we'd scored most goals in the league (15) from Set Pieces...

I just can't remember that many!!

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wonder if Trent will be back at RB tomorrow.

reckon he should play the full 90,

we've got 10 days rest then til Bayern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Plenty of money to spend

Liverpool announce world record £106m net profit

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47168032

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Profit already reinvested in squad with Allison, keita and fab. Those are accounts up to May 18

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So Liverpool need to reach the Champions League final again!? :eek:

So Liverpool need to reach the Champions League final again!? :eek:

"Liverpool were boosted financially by a run to the Champions League final last season, which earned an estimated £72m.

They were also helped by midfielder Philippe Coutinho's £142m transfer to Barcelona in January 2018"

Selling Coutinho was key to the profit presumably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Depends how you slice and dice this stuff - player sales are a fact of life and will either generate or lose money depending on the player and the clubs ability to protect value - the CL final only happens to two clubs across Europe in a year - that money was effectively all new to the Liverpool balance.

Sure Coutinho's sale was top level stuff at 105m cash but then the club also bought in players before he was sold who were not "cheap" (even if they look it now!) Salah, Oxlade-Chamberlain and van Dijk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I know there is a few going to Liverpool this weekend from this thread. Any from the West?

The club still has a £146m debt.

£90m owed to FSG for the new stand and £56m external debt.

Sell Salah and pay it off and get into the black with the left over money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

FitzShane wrote: »
    I know there is a few going to Liverpool this weekend from this thread. Any from the West?

I'm heading over but from the East anyone organising a few pints before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Plenty of money to spend

Liverpool announce world record £106m net profit

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47168032
    In revenue terms, Liverpool will leapfrog Arsenal into third place in the Premier League, behind Manchester United and Manchester City.

Are we still doing the Arsenal coming 4th jokes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Augeo wrote: »
    "Liverpool were boosted financially by a run to the Champions League final last season, which earned an estimated £72m.

They were also helped by midfielder Philippe Coutinho's £142m transfer to Barcelona in January 2018"

Selling Coutinho was key to the profit presumably.

Not all of of Coutinho's money will have been paid up-front though, so not sure if it would be included in this. They also say:
    In total, £137m came into the club from player transfers. Liverpool say all of that has been reinvested back into the squad, taking outgoings on new players to more than £190m.

FitzShane wrote: »

on the 6:25 to Birmingham Zzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    on the 6:25 to Birmingham Zzzzzzzzz

How do you find the Birmingham flight, i never done it, is the train long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Seeing as most would agree that we will find it hard to win the league with a thin squad and not much quality on the bench.

How are we expected to compete on two fronts with the champions League coming up?

Do you think focusing in both will **** us up? I mean, we do have a big injury list.

Will man city struggle with both also? Likely not as their squad is amazing. I wonder if they will probably focus a little more on Europe? I'm sure if they were given s choice of cups to win, it would be the CL. Whereas I feel that we would choose the PL.

mightyreds wrote: »
    How do you find the Birmingham flight, i never done it, is the train long?

grand, we use it for most games, very rarely fly into JLA,

there's an app called trainline so if you look up from Birmingham New Steet (this is the main station to Lime Street can usually get it pretty cheap,

takes about an hour and a half or two hours but quite a relaxing journey.

if you are booking I use an app called Trainline who are very good,

*** Birmingham International is where you fly into but a train from there is always mad money but you can get cheap ticket from International to New Street (10 mins away from each other)

always book the main part of your journey from New Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I've never been more excited about a football match in my life is now using Grammarly to fix my spelling and grammar mistakes.

The club was close to going under 8/9 years ago and now it is setting record profits well done to FSG great owners.

Man U are the only team to have a recorded a higher profit and that's on the back of 25 years of Fergie.

The club was close to going under 8/9 years ago and now it is setting record profits well done to FSG great owners.

Man U are the only team to have a recorded a higher profit and that's on the back of 25 years of Fergie.

was it 9 years ago that team look like nazi skinhead group and have Paul koncheicy in the team? Roy was boss at this time and my heart was sore from grief. Great turn around lead by the FSG.

they've made mistakes FSG (especially with how Kenny was treated)

but they are learning, I think the introduction of Tony Barrett is underestimated by many, he gets it.

still think regardless of title win or not we need 5/6 players next year for the squad,

don't forget how ruthless Rafa was with the European Cup winning squad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

was it 9 years ago that team look like nazi skinhead group and have Paul koncheicy in the team? Roy was boss at this time and my heart was sore from grief. Great turn around lead by the FSG.

If that what he meant by going under I understand because the club wasn't getting winding up orders or it was not absolutely impossible to find a buyer.

ERG89 wrote: »
    If that what he meant by going under I understand because the club wasn't getting winding up orders or it was not absolutely impossible to find a buyer.

yes, this is what I think he means. A dark time for the club both on and off the football pitch. But I think the club does not go insolvent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Klopp says he expects Gomez back in 4-6 weeks.

Best news I've heard for fúcking yonks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

I've never been more excited about a football match in my life is now using Grammarly to fix my spelling and grammar mistakes.

Liverpool need to test Jefferson Lerma's knees very early.

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Liverpool need to test Jefferson Lerma's knees very early.

You must stop. I implore you to desist. I do not like this.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Klopp says he expects Gomez back in 4-6 weeks.

Best news I've heard for fúcking yonks.

Back for the international break only to have England break him again.

You've been very quiet on other forum's since the Pats won.

After the game, I got down on my knees and wept. Is this what you want?

His very first post on Boards to give out to me in the wrestling forum.

Total parody account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Total parody account.

I can blame you for this so Phil. :D

Knex. wrote: »
    ...........They also say:

Yeah, the Coutinho money was spent after that accounting window I reckon.

After the game, I got down on my knees and wept. Is this what you want?

Your tears??

Yes.

Total parody account.

Who I parody? I do not watch WWE anymore because of bad stories. Today I have very bad pain in my head. I hope it gone by tomorrow for the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Not One Bit!

Thanks, Dr Seuss...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement