Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who I parody? I do not watch WWE anymore because of bad stories. Today I have very bad pain in my head. I hope it gone by tomorrow for the match.

Totally parody.

Very first post on Boards months ago.
    by Agent Coulson View Post
    Jose turning Man U into a bang average irrelevant club in the PL race is just magic.

Originally Posted by The Good Ole Boys
    Calling them 'Man U' is pathetic. They still have a very good team, you may have to eat your words later in the season.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108326256&postcount=7067
    Originally Posted by The Good Ole Boys

I joined to use boards.ie. I like and watch wrestling. 1 post and already they come to force me out.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108326348&postcount=7069

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

SlickRic wrote: »
    Klopp says he expects Gomez back in 4-6 weeks.

Best news I've heard for fúcking yonks.

I keep forgetting we are still a long way to go - that would have him back in mid/late March, should be starting by Spurs on March 31st. Hopefully still have 8 or more games after that!

And it's not like a muscle injury, once it's fixed...it's fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Do you roleplay agent detective of the FBI? I stand by my point about Manchester. I don't like to speak ill of the enemy. I hope that midfield can play well this coming game because it's important for us and it is weak link right at this time.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Not One Bit!

Thanks, Dr. Seuss...

I look him up. I use Grammarly to help with my posts so it might not be good for reading. It made me put . after the Dr. in your post.

Do you roleplay agent detective of the FBI? I stand by my point about Manchester. I don't like to speak ill of the enemy. I hope that midfield can play well this coming game because it's important for us and it is weak link right at this time.

S.H.I.E.L.D. D'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

He has every chance of being right re: Man U. :(

I look him up. I use Grammarly to help with my posts so it might not be good for reading. It made me put . after the Dr. in your post.

The . is assumed, like with Mr and Mrs - no-one would misunderstand it. Don't listen to the machines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

was it 9 years ago that team look like nazi skinhead group and have Paul koncheicy in the team? Roy was boss at this time and my heart was sore from grief. Great turn around lead by the FSG.

42853813_2142364925776352_7019400545186086912_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It seems there is an anti Liverpool movement in the Premier League since we went top. Now every time we play someone it's all about stopping us playing, get 11 behind the ball and just stop Liverpool at all costs. What West Ham did was just plain obvious, stop the Liverpool train. They beat United and Arsenal at home playing football and playing openly, but against us they had no intention of doing anything other than taking joy in frustrating us and hitting us at set pieces or on the break.
    If this is what it's going to be like going forward we are going to struggle. I expect the same tomorrow. I can understand teams fighting to save themselves doing it, but Leicester and West Ham done it out of plain spite. They cheered the final whistle like they won the cup, sad!

Sometimes men from small clubs take the glory wherever they can find it lurking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

It seems there is an anti Liverpool movement in the Premier League since we went top. Now every time we play someone it's all about stopping us playing, get 11 behind the ball and just stop Liverpool at all costs. What West Ham did was just plain obvious, stop the Liverpool train. They beat United and Arsenal at home playing football and playing openly, but against us they had no intention of doing anything other than taking joy in frustrating us and hitting us at set pieces or on the break.
    If this is what it's going to be like going forward we are going to struggle. I expect the same tomorrow. I can understand teams fighting to save themselves doing it, but Leicester and West Ham done it out of plain spite. They cheered the final whistle like they won the cup, sad!

We've been dealing with stubborn set ups all season to be fair.....just about. The difference now is that the defence has gone to pot. Injuries or not it's actually amazed me how much they have regressed, reverting back to the panic stricken calamity waiting to happen. Leicester and West Ham both should have put more than one past us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How do you have a problem with this ?

Teams come and play whatever way they think they have the best chance of getting something ?

What's the issue ?

Smaller teams know they can't come open up or try to out play us, they will get battered,

They can have a go at United and Arsenal because they have awful defences ,

Absolute no issues in anyway a team sets up against us. They can do what they like ,

Of course they celebrated first teams out side the top 6 to take nay points form us, its seen as a huge achievement and is a compliment, For years and years teams celebrated like that when they even drew United ,

Its shows how hard it is to get anything against us that they celebrate the achievement ,

I reckon it's more they don't want to be beaten 3 or 4 nil tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Bournemouth aren't capable of playing that type of game,confident of a handy win,though not keeping a CS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It seems there is an anti Liverpool movement in the Premier League since we went top. Now every time we play someone it's all about stopping us playing, get 11 behind the ball and just stop Liverpool at all costs.

There is no agenda :rolleyes:

West Ham created as many chances as we did, more than us in fact. Same with Leicester. Late on they both sat back a bit but they are hardly going to go for broke just to make them easier to play against, both were in poor form before the draws too. Which points the problem towards Liverpool's performances which were not good enough to win either game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Toby , not sure if you saw the game but West ham did not just try to stifle us , they went for us had more chances had the better chances and we were fortunate to get the draw.

ERG89 wrote: »
    There is no agenda :rolleyes:

West Ham created as many chances as we did, more than us in fact. Same with Leicester. Late on they both sat back a bit but they are hardly going to go for broke just to make them easier to play against, both were in poor form before the draws too. Which points the problem towards Liverpool's performances which were not good enough to win either game.

They also out-thought us on both goals scored, they had noticed weaknesses and exploited them. That's a concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

West Ham and Leicester both had better chances than the ones we created, Leicester especially had multiple very good chances. Throw in the fact our goal against West Ham was a few feet offside and we were probably a little lucky to get 2 points.

Fromvert wrote: »
    West Ham and Leicester both had better chances than the ones we created, Leicester especially had multiple very good chances. Throw in the fact our goal against West Ham was a few feet offside and we were probably a little lucky to get 2 points.

And yet City only got 3 points over the same two games. And plenty more points will be dropped!

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »
    And yet City only got 3 points over the same two games. And plenty more points will be dropped!

Exactly, level on points with a game in hand and 13 games left, on pace for a 94 point season, we should all be delighted with how it's going. Keeping the pace we were setting (99/100 pts) was unrealistic with our current squad depth even this current pace could be a step too far, I'm thinking we may finish on the 90/91 point mark and that may or may not be enough but I'm going to enjoy it! For City to finish on 92 points they need to average more points per game than they have so far this season, and we can regress slightly and hit 92 points, that gives me hope we can get it done.

Hell the more I'm looking at all the fixtures, it could well be below 90 points that wins the league. And for Spurs to get it done that's where I think the total points needs to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Not one single team is obliged to come out and attack us. Fair play to West Ham - totally figured out how to shut us down and were helped by an under-par performance from us. I very much doubt we'll get the same from Bournemouth tomorrow but I do think that we need to put it to bed early.
    Teams don't play openly against City yet they generally tear them a new one. We have to find other ways to win which, in fairness, we seemed to have done prior to the Leicester match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fromvert wrote: »
    Exactly, level on points with a game in hand and 13 games left, on pace for a 94 point season, we should all be delighted with how it's going. Keeping the pace we were setting (99/100 pts) was unrealistic with our current squad depth even this current pace could be a step too far, I'm thinking we may finish on the 90/91 point mark and that may or may not be enough but I'm going to enjoy it! For City to finish on 92 points they need to average more points per game than they have so far this season, and we can regress slightly and hit 92 points, that gives me hope we can get it done.

Hell the more I'm looking at all the fixtures, it could well be below 90 points that wins the league. And for Spurs to get it done that's where I think the total points needs to be.

I'd be very surprised if the league was won with less than 90 points. I think we'll probably have to hit at least the 95 mark to do it.

City on course for just under 91 but they've played all their hardest away games (only United left) and are very strong at home. Added to that is the fact that I think it's unlikely they have the same sort of blip that saw them drop 6 points to Leicester and Palace. I don't really think this is a worse team than the one that got 100 points last year and KDB is now back which may have cost them a bit earlier in the season.

Liverpool on course for just over 94 points. I really do feel we need to at least maintain the ppg we've got so far. In our favour, the fixtures - again just United away in terms of games where you go in not clearly favourites. Against us the smaller squad and injury problems and the fact that it does feel that we had some results go our way up until now and variance perhaps catching up with us recently.

Spurs are on course for about 86 / 87 but have to face both us and City away. I still don't really think they're in the title race, it would take a monumental end of season and a couple of fairly surprise results for them to do it.

Obviously CL and other cup commitments to be considered here as a possible factor.

With my rational hat on, I unfortunately do think we will just fall short, but we of course have a great chance.

I think it will end something like:

1. City 94
    2. Liverpool 91
    3. Spurs 84

But who knows! Agree that it's a superb situation we find ourselves in, Klopp has no right to be here really and it's almost mission impossible given the quality of City's manager and the almost limitless resources available to him. Would be an incredible achievement if we can do it and to be in with a really decent shout at this stage is fantastic stuff and not something any of us could have realistically been expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-win-premier-league-title-15801007

Liverpool Echo has a widget where you can predict the winner of the remaining games for each of the top six. Fun* way of seeing how it might pan out...

I ended with Liverpool and City level on 92 points. Think I had us to lose to United and Chelsea and draw with Watford.

Spurs in 3rd, United 4th and Arsenal and Chelsea 7 points off the top 4.

(*Disclaimer: may not actually be fun but when you're bored in work on a Friday afternoon and looking for a distraction, it ain't bad!)

mosstin wrote: »
    Not one single team is obliged to come out and attack us. Fair play to West Ham - totally figured out how to shut us down and were helped by an under-par performance from us. I very much doubt we'll get the same from Bournemouth tomorrow but I do think that we need to put it to bed early.
    Teams don't play openly against City yet they generally tear them a new one. We have to find other ways to win which, in fairness, we seemed to have done prior to the Leicester match.

City can hurt you from more parts of the pitch. Sterling and Sane on the wings, attacking FBs, the 2 Silvas or KDB. We are more predictable in the build up.
    It's the movement of the front 3 that kills teams. So when they are on song, it's difficult for the average 6'2"+ CB to keep up...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-win-premier-league-title-15801007

Liverpool Echo has a widget where you can predict the winner of the remaining games for each of the top six. Fun* way of seeing how it might pan out...

I ended with Liverpool and City level on 92 points. Think I had us to lose to United and Chelsea and draw with Watford.

That was stressful!

1-Liverpool-93
    2-Man City-92
    3-Tottenham-88
    4-Arsenal-75
    5-Chelsea-74
    6-Man Utd-73

Fulham and Huddersfield have awful run-ins, they kept popping up!
    Everton, Wolves and Leicester have a few chances to impact the outcome...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

(*Disclaimer: may not actually be fun but when you're bored in work on a Friday afternoon and looking for a distraction, it ain't bad!)

Did it very quickly and came up with something similar to my prediction above - City to hit around the 95 point mark and Liverpool more like 90. Spurs in the mid 80s.

Hopefully I'm just being a pessimist but I feel like we need City to drop points in 3 or 4 matches and I just don't see that happening!

Morzadec wrote: »
    Did it very quickly and came up with something similar to my prediction above - City to hit around the 95 point mark and Liverpool more like 90. Spurs in the mid 80s.

Hopefully I'm just being a pessimist but I feel like we need City to drop points in 3 or 4 matches and I just don't see that happening!

We're not seeing it now but when April rolls around and City are balls deep - probably - in the CL, that will have an effect on them, big squad or no. I expect us to exit the CL in either this round or the next (hope I'm wrong) and so it'll be up to us then. The swarm of negativity after a couple of draws from both within (our own fans) and without has been illuminating though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Liverpool 95
    City 94
    Spurs 90
    Chelsea 78
    Utd 76
    Arsenal 70
    I wouldnt be surprised with that outcome. I have very little faith in arsenal and everton lost every game in the run in

Morzadec wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if the league was won with less than 90 points. I think we'll probably have to hit at least the 95 mark to do it.

City on course for just under 91 but they've played all their hardest away games (only United left) and are very strong at home. Added to that is the fact that I think it's unlikely they have the same sort of blip that saw them drop 6 points to Leicester and Palace. I don't really think this is a worse team than the one that got 100 points last year and KDB is now back which may have cost them a bit earlier in the season.

Liverpool on course for just over 94 points. I really do feel we need to at least maintain the ppg we've got so far. In our favour, the fixtures - again just United away in terms of games where you go in not clearly favourites. Against us the smaller squad and injury problems and the fact that it does feel that we had some results go our way up until now and variance perhaps catching up with us recently.

Spurs are on course for about 86 / 87 but have to face both us and City away. I still don't really think they're in the title race, it would take a monumental end of season and a couple of fairly surprise results for them to do it.

Obviously CL and other cup commitments to be considered here as a possible factor.

With my rational hat on, I unfortunately do think we will just fall short, but we of course have a great chance.

I think it will end something like:

1. City 94
    2. Liverpool 91
    3. Spurs 84

But who knows! Agree that it's a superb situation we find ourselves in, Klopp has no right to be here really and it's almost mission impossible given the quality of City's manager and the almost limitless resources available to him. Would be an incredible achievement if we can do it and to be in with a really decent shout at this stage is fantastic stuff and not something any of us could have realistically been expecting.

For City to get 94 points they need 32 points from 12 games. That's 10 wins and two draws, the exact run of results they opened the season with but I'm being optimistic and expect with the extra high pressure cup games (as you mentioned) thrown in another one or two draws/losses will happen along the way. I'm also being optimistic because I don't think we can get 94 points. If either team hit 94/95 points it would be one hell of a run with the pressure on to finish the league.

Nice one.

I had us finishing ahead of City by a point, 95 to 94. If we can capture any kind of form compared to the first half of the season and actually have the mentality for the fight we should be putting most teams left to the sword.

Chelsea going on a decent run to capture 3rd and Arsenal sneaking 4th.

One thing that struck me is that Spurs and United have some rough games over the next couple of months so that's why I had them falling away. Chelsea and Arsenal do have a decent run of fixtures if they can capture form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

I'm not gonna get all dramatic and say a loss tomorrow and it's all over ... but what i'd really want to see is a backlash from the players - I want to see players sending out a statement tomorrow that they are in this right to the end. As I said already, performances can dip but you need lads who will stand up and be counted when they do. The last two games were a bit disappointing on that front - it's like the players were all waiting for someone else to stand up and do it.

Liverpool 95
    City 94
    Spurs 90
    Chelsea 78
    Utd 76
    Arsenal 70
    I wouldnt be surprised with that outcome. I have very little faith in arsenal and everton lost every game in the run in

Three teams with 90+ points?

That'd be something. Has it happened with two before?

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    I'm not gonna get all dramatic and say a loss tomorrow and it's all over ... but what i'd really want to see is a backlash from the players - I want to see players sending out a statement tomorrow that they are in this right to the end. As I said already, performances can dip but you need lads who will stand up and be counted when they do. The last two games were a bit disappointing on that front - it's like the players were all waiting for someone else to stand up and do it.

I think they just need to play with confidence again that the win will come. I don't really want to see us play at full throttle from the start of games as we've moved past that. I know that's what some people want on here but I'd be confident that both Leicester and West Ham would have beaten us had we played like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is there a 3'o clock game on sky tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

noodler wrote: »
    Is there a 3'o clock game on sky tomorrow?

Huddersfield game I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

you'd swear its all doom and gloom. A draw and we go top!

Capture09.jpgHow it turned out for me. I thought I was being hard on Liverpool and easy on City, but this is how it turned out.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Three teams with 90+ points?

That'd be something. Has it happened with two before?

Just the way it came out. If all 3 teams were to get to quater finals and even further the chances are going to diminish

FSG know what they're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

PhuckHugh wrote: »

Tbf Mane is taking the bull by horns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I've never been more excited about a football match in my life is now using Grammarly to fix my spelling and grammar mistakes.

Well said

Edwards is to meet with Hertha about Grujic they want to keep him while Liverpool want to loan him out again next season to a team playing in Europe is being reported in Germany.

Best result all around then would be for Hertha to qualify for Europe and get him on loan again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Edwards is to meet with Hertha about Grujic they want to keep him while Liverpool want to loan him out again next season to a team playing in Europe is being reported in Germany.

Best result all around then would be for Hertha to qualify for Europe and get him on loan again next season.

Best result all round is he comes back & makes an impact with us.

Don't want to become & starting loaning players for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd like Grujic to come in and make the squad next season. From what I've seen of him he's rough but there is something there to work with. Unfortunately I think he'll more likely be a Solanke-esque transfer that everyone feels might be coming but still catches everyone off guard.

Solanke to score a winner with a Bicycle kick from 40 yards into the top corner at the Kop end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

people concerned over tomorrow against the mouth!!! seriously! if we don't win that then it is clear we do not deserve to win the league! I expect at least a 3-0 win.

Their away record is poor, needs to be an easy win to shake these doubts of a blip away.

Solanke to score a winner with a Bicycle kick from 40 yards into the top corner at the Kop end.

Has he even scored a goal for us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Has he even scored a goal for us?

Yes. Cracker at the end of the season....Brighton maybe? Was like Gini's goal v Huddersfield breaking into the box and rifling it into the top corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Their away record is poor, needs to be an easy win to shake these doubts of a blip away.
    +1

Hear, Hear! Win today, have a productive 10 days with no injuries, strong performance against Bayern and then beat Utd and the wheels are well and truly back on the bus and the panickers can relax. We'll be fine....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement