Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

Has he even scored a goal for us?

You realise he's been sold?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Buzzing for the game today, first time in the new stand and an exec box. It's brass monkeys though. Any kind of a win will do, a stress free win would be nice though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Buzzing for the game today, first time in the new stand and an exec box. It's brass monkeys though. Any kind of a win will do, a stress free win would be nice though!

Very posh! Enjoy ya lucky f*cker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    How the other half live ! :)
    Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I have vodka and a laptop. This must be our day. I am ready. I hope the team is too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I have vodka and a laptop. This must be our day. I am ready. I hope the team is too.

Having vodka, should have looked at who posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I don't normally pay Merson much attention but u agree with what he said today about the fans at anfield was true. Try make every home game from now until end of season feel like a big European night at anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Isn't it funny how we've got to this point of season without actually gelling as a team, we've been productive but we've not flowed at all. We'd win a lot of games at half time last season, not so much this season, its a game till the end. Even our 3-0 4-0 wins are flattering considering the way the games have gone. 1-0 for 80 mins, struggling, opposite come out more, 2-0, then 3-0 in 94th minute.
    Maybe we'll never actually play well this season, but we'll continue to be productive as long as the team can keep a clean sheet we'll win as we score every game, really has been that simply so far this season. Now that we concede every game things have changed, need to get back to keeping a clean sheet.
    If we keep a clean sheet and score we'll win, sounds obvious,but that's how the first half of season has been. Don't concede, score a goal = another game won.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote: »
    I don't normally pay Merson much attention but u agree with what he said today about the fans at anfield was true. Try make every home game from now until end of season feel like a big European night at anfield.

I remember people complaining at the time in 2014 that the fans put more pressure on the team when they did that, fact is people react to whats happening on the pitch.
    Against Leicester we took the lead before Leicester had touched the ball twice and the ground was excited, then the team kicked it around for a while and the backpasses and poor clearances by Alisson brought in the tension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Man Utd are going to be tough in a few weeks.

If we still top at the start of March after Everton we will have a great chance to win the league.

Huge few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Isn't it funny how we've got to this point of season without actually gelling as a team, we've been productive but we've not flowed at all. We'd win a lot of games at half time last season, not so much this season, its a game till the end. Even our 3-0 4-0 wins are flattering considering the way the games have gone. 1-0 for 80 mins, struggling, opposite come out more, 2-0, then 3-0 in 94th minute.
    Maybe we'll never actually play well this season, but we'll continue to be productive as long as the team can keep a clean sheet we'll win as we score every game, really has been that simply so far this season. Now that we concede every game things have changed, need to get back to keeping a clean sheet.
    If we keep a clean sheet and score we'll win, sounds obvious,but that's how the first half of season has been. Don't concede, score a goal = another game won.

We wwre unbelievable in december

MD1990 wrote: »

If we still top at the start of March after Everton we will have a great chance to win the league.

Huge few weeks.

Form they're in the could beat both us and City at home. I expect they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

MD1990 wrote: »

Huge few weeks.

If we can recapture any sort of defensive stability I'd quietly fancy our chances to pick off this United team on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If we can recapture any sort of defensive stability I'd quietly fancy our chances to pick off this United team on the counter.

Talk of parking the bus already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gini starts, Trent and hendo on the bench. Shaqiri injured :(

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Shame Trent and Hendo (presumably) not fit to start. But best team lining out in circumstances, glad to see Keita starting, looking better in second half last time and think he will improve with game time.

Hope Anfield is rocking, there has been a very concerted effort in fan groups to get their early and raise the rafters in support for the team. Come on the lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Delighted Gini is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So since reddit rivers has gone and done one.

discordapp.com looks to be the new hub for rivers, the top river posters from reddit have moved over to discord.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Will have same issue with no rb. Hopefully trent has 20mins in him.

Talk of parking the bus already?

Nah not really. Defensive solidity this season is the reason we've got to the top of the table but obviously there's been a bit of a regression in the department as of late.

This United team under Ole want to play football and that will suit us if we can get our sh1t together at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Nah not really. Defensive solidity this season is the reason we've got to the top of the table but obviously there's been a bit of a regression in the department as of late.

This United team under Ole want to play football and that will suit us if we can get our sh1t together at the back.
    Agreed, but just wonder if getting our sh!t together in defense and the greater focus on 'game management' - which was needed and it's great that we have a squad that can do it - has impacted our ability to blitz other teams and that's allowed them to come back into it when before we just blew them away.

Charlie19 wrote: »

discordapp.com looks to be the new hub for rivers, the top river posters from Reddit have moved over to discord.

I am in Paranormal /x/ 4 chan discord. This Discord seems like the future. I must find this River Discord too. Then my life will be much better.

There is good website https://www.footybite.com/ that have very interesting preview of the games. Maybe some of you will like it?

There is a good Liverpool preview, perhaps men here will like it, the writers know about rivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

ERG89 wrote: »
    I remember people complaining at the time in 2014 that the fans put more pressure on the team when they did that, fact is people react to whats happening on the pitch.
    Against Leicester we took the lead before Leicester had touched the ball twice and the ground was excited, then the team kicked it around for a while and the backpasses and poor clearances by Alisson brought in the tension.

I was at the Leicester game and agree with the above, you could sense the fans getting frustrated with the passes along the back line. The build up play was slow and ponderous. There were numerous times when they tried to lift the team, this mostly originated from the Kop. Obviously as the game went on the crowd became more nervous, everyone was aware of what a huge opportunity it was considering the city result from the previous night.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Agreed, but just wonder if getting our sh!t together in defense and the greater focus on 'game management' - which was needed and it's great that we have a squad that can do it - has impacted our ability to blitz other teams and that's allowed them to come back into it when before we just blew them away.

Fair point. It's a bit of head scratcher. Think the team just went to sleep conceding to both West Ham and Leicester and that in turn caused panic.

Going 1-0 up they should feel like they can play with freedom.

We must play without fear. Fear is bad. Like in ghost hunting shows, the people never find the ghost. It's because they are afraid and scream and run from any sound. This is weakness and you will never find a ghost this way. The same applies to football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

discordapp.com looks to be the new hub for rivers, the top river posters from reddit have moved over to discord.

What server do they use on Discord?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Someone is trying to hard to out Toby, Toby.

Fair point. It's a bit of head scratcher. Think the team just went to sleep conceding to both West Ham and Leicester and that in turn caused panic.

Going 1-0 up they should feel like they can play with freedom.
    Head scratcher indeed. We needed more control, remember last year when we'd be bricking it even with a 2 goal lead but it does feel we're a bit more predictable now and teams are able to keep their heads up and believe they can get something from us. Anyway, hopefully we can storm it today, Keita can do some good for his confidence and Trent can get some game time in his legs. Two massive games coming up, need today to set the lads up for a positive 10 days where they're not lamenting a blip that hasn't been put to bed yet...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I googled the name of one of the streamers I usually use and found a link for a new platform
    soccerstream.xyz

garra wrote: »
    What server do they use on Discord?

pm sent. Also you should look at website I link. Is same thing. It's football and geography related.

I have no need for random PM's thank you very much.

Someone is trying to hard to out Toby, Toby.

At least Toby is a bit of craic.

I have no need for random PM's thank you very much.

I was just trying to be nice. It was a helpful PM. I am sorry for trying to be nice to you and mend rifts bwtween fellow Liverpool fans.

A no nonsense win please. A chance to pile the pressure on City tomorrow, we must take it.
    Could be a big two days if we win and City were to lose. Chelsea are more than capable of winning there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

pm sent. Also you should look at website I link. Is same thing. It's football and geography related.

Thanks old boy

United now only 6 points behind Spurs, if they continue to win they'll catch em. Spurs now looking over their shoulders, crazy what a run of wins can do.

Nervous start. My fear post was right. Good save from our man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Crowd in good voice

United now only 6 points behind Spurs, if they continue to win they'll catch em. Spurs now looking over their shoulders, crazy what a run of wins can do.

I could say something crazy but I won't. All I'll say is that there's still more or less a third of a season to go.

• Advertisement

Keita looks fluid in the early stage. Very encouraging. He is not frightened.

Good opening 10 minutes the players and the crowd look up for it.

Nice rhythm, getting in good positions

Matip is a huge weak link....

Fabinho adds the bite in midfield. He is hungry for victory. He is important.

Salah being back out on the wing is already looking better for the attack.

We are lucky Ibe have the vision of a mole.

Robbo havin' a great one so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

NukaCola wrote: »
    Matip is a huge weak link....

He's like a drunk giraffe moving forward with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hes in great form.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement