Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should have cut that City goal difference advantage to nothing today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We could need the goal difference yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If this was 6 I dont think it would flatters us, a sensational performance, just what we needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Good performances all around, Salah MOM for me. Bournemouth's away form and how they play made them a good team to play. Back top of the league, now over to you Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Absolutely the type of performance we needed after the previous two games, play like that the rest of the season and we will be flying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NukaCola wrote:
    If this was 6 I dont think it would flatters us, a sensational performance, just what we needed.

I laughed when the commentator said credit to Bournemouth for keeping the score down. I assume he is blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Didn't see the game (just got back home) but it sounds from radio coms on the road like just the sort of game that was required.

4-3-3 with Gini and Keita ahead of Fabinho is surely the exact right mix of talents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Tad wasteful in second half, save those goals for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Should have cut that City goal difference advantage to nothing today.

We are like a marksman finding his range. Now we set our sights towards Munich. We must take the shot. No hesitation. A clean kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Midfield were dominant today. Great performances from all 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cracking performance especially in the midfield. Atmosphere was fantastic and it needs to be like this for every game in the run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Roberson must have the powerplant of a T-90 tank. Strong, powerful and ceaseless.

You could say he's electric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Klopp save his job for another week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Fu¢king delighted with that win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

6 of the last 10 seasons Liverpool have finished with less than 65 points.

They have reached that mark today with 12 games to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Massive, MASSIVE stumbling block next week but my god what a proper win today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

6 of the last 10 seasons Liverpool have finished with less than 65 points.

They have reached that mark today with 12 games to go.

Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Whatever else happens this season the lads did the impossible today and returned to the top of the table

What how? A week in Dubai '',

Vicxas wrote: »

We play Manchester United on the 24th. One of our biggest tests this season. We will need to be strong but performances like this make me quietly confident.

• Advertisement

Poor old Conte will have to wait another week to get the job to get us over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not having a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

We're not playing next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Suberp display from start to finish, it was front foot swarming football at its best. Delighted to see such a display today to get back on track.

Firmino played well and alot seems to rely on him, if he plays well we play well, when his flicks aren't coming off we look disjointed so hopefully he sees out the season strong. Can't fault anybody today really, all excellent.

City now face 5 games in 18 days. We have 10 days off to go sight seeing.

Great result in the Man Utd match earlier too - Chelsea need a result to get back in the top 4.

Nice win. Much better performance. We looked pretty fresh.

In other news, Everton keeping the comedy going too.

They went to Dubai for the last 10 days off and all got sick.

Off to Greenland now for the lot of them for the break next week.

They went to Dubai for the last 10 days off and all got sick.

Off to Greenland now for the lot of them for the break next week.

Would not surprise me if they went off to Spain for training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Didn’t get to see the match today but judging by all accounts bobby played well that is great to hear cause when he plays well Liverpool play well

Manchester United lie in wait, like a vengeful red phoenix on the horizon. They are resurgent under Ole. They have momentum and a new found freedom in their play. We must meet their challenge head-on. No fear, no weakness, and no excuses. These are the tests we must live for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

City now face 5 games in 18 days. We have 10 days off to go sight seeing.

Hopefully they keep their minds focused. Klopp needs to keep them working hard in training.

Didn't see the game. Overall opinion on Nabys performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Great performance today. Keita starting to really get a feel for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Almost mathematically clear of Everton now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That was huge lads, I know if was only Bournemouth but it was a massive performance.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they keep their minds focused. Klopp needs to keep them working hard in training.

More to come, improving everyday.
    Was good, not MOTM good, but perfectly fine display today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Seeing on physio room that Lovern is 50/50 to be back fit for the first leg v.Munich and the game v.Utd a few days later. Really hope he makes it because not only is VVD missing the first leg but also I wouldn't be confident in Matip going up against Rashford or Lewandowski. Matip got turned today a couple of times and he makes nervy decisions. He's not a bad player (soime assist today for Gini) but would prefer Lovren over him for those big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not having a game?

Whoops. Got my dates wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

More to come, improving everyday.
    Was good, not MOTM good, but perfectly fine display today.

I was hoping with Fab and Wini in midfield it would free Keita up to spend more time advanced. Was that the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can we play Bournemouth every week?

• Advertisement

I'm hoping it's too much, it's possible they could pick up a few injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Muahahaha wrote: »
    He's not a bad player (soime assist today for Gini) but would prefer Lovren over him for those big games.

Robertson assisted Gini no?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Top performance today. Better shape, great atmosphere, more intensity and belief. Mo playing out wide is so much better, allowing Bobby to be the perfect false 9. Everyone played well, middle 3 very good, Gini added a solidity and Keita looking much more like the player we thought he was. Hopefully with 2 full games under his belt, he can push on and give us what the middle 3 have sometimes lacked-he also looked much more physical today. Front 3 all excellent. More of the same please in weeks ahead.

After today 15 of the last 16 league goals came from the front three with 5 for Mane 5 for Salah and 5 for Fun Bobby.

Gini got the other one with the worldy today.

I was hoping with Fab and Wini in midfield it would free Keita up to spend more time advanced. Was that the case?

We had 70% possession roughly, wasn't noticeably that he was more advanced than say Gini, whole team was quite advanced for the most part. He got in box a few times, maybe should have worked keeper on at least one occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I feel the Bayern game is a great distraction from the league. Really hope its another famous Anfield night and we tear them a new one. Hope Keita starts against them as i feel he is starting to show glimpses of why we bought him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Eddie Howe moaning our first goal was "clearly offside". It wasn't Eddie, his hand was alright but carry on. I hope every goal we score this season is offside for the fume alone.

After today 15 of the last 16 league goals came from the front three with 5 for Mane 5 for Salah and 5 for Fun Bobby.

Gini got the other one with the worldy today.

Wasn't even my favourite goal in the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That was some lovely aggression. Made a lot of dodgy choices in the final third at times, but yeah, that was enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Regarding Gini's goal, Fun Bobby would have been proud of that finish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement