Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The next CL round is really about making sure to get a couple of goals on the board away and then winning the tie at home. By all accounts Bayern are a bit creaky these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mane is on course for his best goal scoring season ever. Already has 12, got 10 last season, 13 the season before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I've got no worries at all about the bayern game. Really think we'll smash them. My only hope for this seasons CL is that we don't draw another English team. We always get that ****. The whole point of it is to play teams we don't play very often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'll admit I had a wobble.

Still concerned, but VVD look fully fit , far more advanced when defending and starting attack.

Him along side the Bobby chance shows his fitness is back anyway.

Should have given it to him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'll admit I had a wobble.

Still concerned, but VVD look fully fit , far more advanced when defending and starting attack.

Him along side the Bobby chance shows his fitness is back anyway.

Should have given it to him

Yea a no look pass to allow VVD to walk it into an empty net would've been beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You can't really fault Firmino taking on the shot, he deserved a goal for his performance.

Great to see TAA back, some pace from the young lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can someone explain the offside rule to me again? Why is Danny Murphy saying Mane was offside? He was for the ball to Milner but when Milner crossed he was well onside. Has my bias finally turned me blind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The next CL round is really about making sure to get a couple of goals on the board away and then winning the tie at home. By all accounts Bayern are a bit creaky these days.

We play at Anfield first though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anybody else think that Salah has to start wide from now on? The link up play of the front 3 was so much better today with Bobby in the middle and Salah on the right cutting in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Fantastic result yesterday. Just shows how important gini has been this season. Have no doubt about his role in the team.finally mo came to life and bobby played well. Mane has continued his fine form.VVD gets a rest now at last. All set for Bayern now.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    We play at Anfield first though

Oops, I had it in my head Liverpool were away. Should be fine then.

Anybody else think that Salah has to start wide from now on? The link up play of the front 3 was so much better today with Bobby in the middle and Salah on the right cutting in

Yes, 443 with everyone playing in the correct position surly makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Seeing on physio room that Lovern is 50/50 to be back fit for the first leg v.Munich and the game v.Utd a few days later. Really hope he makes it because not only is VVD missing the first leg but also I wouldn't be confident in Matip going up against Rashford or Lewandowski. Matip got turned today a couple of times and he makes nervy decisions. He's not a bad player (soime assist today for Gini) but would prefer Lovren over him for those big games.

Aye... Matip is a bit weak in fairness... we need something better in the squad... would like an aul bid on Harry Maguire ? thoughts ?

Grayditch wrote: »
    That was some lovely aggression. Made a lot of dodgy choices in the final third at times, but yeah, that was enjoyable.

our counter attacking should be much better imo..

we should really really batter teams sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Mane is a big game player, the one i always look to to make something happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

mada999 wrote: »
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Seeing on physio room that Lovern is 50/50 to be back fit for the first leg v.Munich and the game v.Utd a few days later. Really hope he makes it because not only is VVD missing the first leg but also I wouldn't be confident in Matip going up against Rashford or Lewandowski. Matip got turned today a couple of times and he makes nervy decisions. He's not a bad player (soime assist today for Gini) but would prefer Lovren over him for those big games.

Aye... Matip is a bit weak in fairness... we need something better in the squad... would like an aul bid on Harry Maguire ? thoughts ?

Is this another one of these parody accounts? Maguire! Love it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He’ll be mourinho’s first signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Up until a week or two back, Bayern we're better on the road than at home for dinner reason. If worry about our defense and away goals if Lovern is out, as Van Dijk is suspended.

That said, they have been suspensions and injuries to worry about as well.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

garra wrote: »

Maguire is a quality centre back to be fair, probably better than all our CBs bar VVD.

He wouldn't be worth the money we'd have to pay and Gomez has huge potential, so I wouldn't say we should sign him, but suggesting him as a signing is not ludicrous or laughable.

If a fee can be agreed I can definitely see him at a top 6 club sooner rather than later, and maybe even being the main defensive leader in a back line.

Arsenal and United are two clubs that I think would improve their team massively if the signed him for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Morzadec wrote: »
    Maguire is a quality centre back to be fair, probably better than all our CBs bar VVD.

He wouldn't be worth the money we'd have to pay and Gomez has huge potential, so I wouldn't say we should sign him, but suggesting him as a signing is not ludicrous or laughable.

If a fee can be agreed I can definitely see him at a top 6 club sooner rather than later, and maybe even being the main defensive leader in a back line.

Arsenal and United are two clubs that I think would improve their team massively if the signed him for example.

I was impressed by him a few weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Yes, 443 with everyone playing in the correct position surly makes sense.

12 players yes guaranteed to win every game then 😜

Parody account ? no just an opinion...gets goals and is decent enough.. imo > Lovern and Matip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

12 players yes guaranteed to win every game then 😜

The ref is the extra man in the middle with all the decisions people are telling us we are getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mightyreds wrote: »
    The ref is the extra man in the middle with all the decisions people are telling us we are getting

Can't wait till VAR comes in and we can have another extra man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Can't wait till VAR comes in and we can have another extra man.

Laughable listening to Danny Murphy observing how next season VAR will eliminate goals like that. Mane had a couple of fingers offside, is that what its coming down to now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Top performance yesterday thank God, i was praying for a statement of intent performance and we got it.

What struck me was the confidence Salah in particular played with, classic sign is when he runs at players committing them and relying on his insane close ball control , its something he doesnt try when not quite feeling it but my God he was feeling it yesterday.

While Gini is getting deserved great praise as is Keita [his best game yet] for me Fabinho was the catalyst for everything, he is only going to get better too as he grows into the team and Klopps philosophy.
    The front 3 were superb and close to back to their best while the boys at the back were solid.
    That midfield combo is the one i had hoped to see when all 3 were on form and it proved to me a powerful unit.
    Im like a giddy kid after that hopefully bounce back to form.

Parody account ? no just an opinion...gets goals and is decent enough.. imo > Lovern and Matip

Fair play whenever I hear about Maguire I always think of this performance but Salah can make anyone like bad I suppose!

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Laughable listening to Danny Murphy observing how next season VAR will eliminate goals like that. Mane had a couple of fingers offside, is that what its coming down to now.

They should clarify the rule if VAR is coming in (or when, unfortunately)

At present the attacker must be ahead of the last defender for offside, but if its only the attackers hand does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Saw an interesting stat the other day that Matip has won more aerial duels than any player in the PL which I thought was a bit mad...

I think Matip is doing ok beside VVD. Better than I thought he would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Fieldog wrote: »
    Saw an interesting stat the other day that Matip has won more aerial duels than any player in the PL which I thought was a bit mad...

I suppose teams try to avoid sending the ball towards Virg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seeing a stat that Milner has more Premier league assists in his last 3 games at right back than Clyne had in his whole time at Liverpool in premier league games.

Milner 3 assists in 3 PL games at RB, Clyne 2 assists in 77 PL games at RB

Reddy was saying yesterday that Klopp and the coaching staff had gotten disillusioned with Clyne being able to play right back in the new system and that's why they were happy to let him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have a feeling it will be Gini, Hendo and Milner back in midfield for the Munich game at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Good player Maguire is him and Robertson were impressive at hull in a sea of mediocrity. Could definitely see him at top club this summer but I think we're ok in the cb department. He'll cost more than van dijk so I wouldn't see us spending that money on a cb again.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I think Matip is doing ok beside VVD. Better than I thought he would.

I'd do well next to van dijk to be fair

McGuire will never be signed by Liverpool - one he's not good enough for the money that will be demanded and two er that it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He'd have to change his name to Ruben Van McGuirino to be worth over 50m .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

They should clarify the rule if VAR is coming in (or when, unfortunately)

At present the attacker must be ahead of the last defender for offside, but if its only the attackers hand does that count?

No. You can only be offside if a part of your body that can legally be used to score a goal is ahead of the second to last man so a hand or arm doesn't count. Shoulder is a poser though since they're all connected!

The law is too complicated with phases of play etc and its also physically impossible to be looking in two places at the same time so how anyone moans at these marginal decisions is beyond me. We were offside in the West Ham game, we weren't yesterday. Even VAR might struggle on the really tight ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You would be we wary of Matip constantly stepping into midfield and losing the ball, especially against the likes of Bayern, Chelsea or Spurs. Klopp needs to tell him to cut it out before it hurts us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I see Leicester have gotten it out of their system since playing us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How crazy is it really after 26 games in the league we have only dropped 13 points.

Aka 2.5ppg :)

How crazy is it really after 26 games in the league we have only dropped 13 points.

BOTTLERS

seriously worried about Spurs... Leicester battered them and should have beaten them... yet without their two main men they are carving out results.. deffo deffo title challengers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

They have a tough run of games up next and I do feel that in the end tired legs will let them down due to their squad depth. They will defo have a final say in it all with them to play us and man city away.

seriously worried about Spurs... Leicester battered them and should have beaten them... yet without their two main men they are carving out results.. deffo deffo title challengers..

I think you're best off relaxing and just focusing on our own games.

Spurs have been up there for years sniffing around the top and know at this stage what's required. This is still new to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

About as crazy as probably needing to drop no more than 2 in the last 2 games.

They have to win at anfield and the ethiad 2 grounds they have awful records at. Anytime I've watched them they give up alot of chances at the back, against anyone that can finish they'll be beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Have the concerns about Keita been largely put to bed after yesterday then?

He looked sharp and that was a gorgeous ball to Bobby for Salah's goal.

Obviously it's one thing to do it at home against Bournmouth and another away to Barca or something, but I've little doubt he'll continue to grow into his role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob316 wrote: »
    They have to win at anfield and the ethiad 2 grounds they have awful records at. Anytime I've watched them they give up alot of chances at the back, against anyone that can finish they'll be beaten.

They have to go to Stamford Bridge as well. If they don't win all three I can't see them winning the league.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement