Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Muahahaha wrote: »
    And he has scored two of those hat tricks in the last three games. Salah was looking good for top scorer this year but now Aguero is level with him on 17 having been stuck on 11 for a fair bit.

His HT today makes it 11 PL hatricks, one more than Shearer, some player but still missed an absolute sitter today. Sterlings two goals brings him lever with Sadio.

I still think when we've a full strength side that we're a match for city but on squad depth they just have a bit too much for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

City very much favs now , i can see them being flawess now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Both City and Spurs have given themselves a fighting chance now. Still think we just need to plug away and ,I'd take 13pts from next 15 again, they'll drop points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I'm used to lads popping in after a United win, but now after City wins too?

They're not even Utd fans any more...they're just ABLs now. It's funny. Sad and pathetic, but funny.

They won't be.

They can win all their games, but we can drop points and still be ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Owl. wrote: »
    They're not even Utd fans any more...they're just ABLs now. It's funny. Sad and pathetic, but funny.

We have to take it as a compliment really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Stop lads, City got it right against a pathetic Chelsea side today. I really thought Chel might be able for a point here today, but last week apart, they’ve been sh1te for a while now.

Don’t forget how fluid we were yesterday, back to our full control style of play. We still have important players to return from injury for the run-in, we are in pole position.

niallo27 wrote: »
    We have to take it as a compliment really.

Oh I do. It's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Lads LFC can only keep picking up points and chipping away.....if we do that we shouldnt need to worry about what City are doing. Liverpool are in control of their own destiny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Both City and Spurs have given themselves a fighting chance now. Still think we just need to plug away and ,I'd take 13pts from next 15 again, they'll drop points too.

Cant see City dropping points again , unless its at old trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Liverpool are going nowhere they'll be right on top of City till the end. We'll see who's got the bottle for it.

Great win for City all we can do is respond with 3 points at old Trafford in 2 weeks. As tough a game as we will play all season but to be champions it's won we need to win.

Blip over now just go for it. We get 90 points and still don't win it what can ya do? You can't be critical of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The title is in our hands lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

rob316 wrote: »
    Liverpool are going nowhere they'll be right on top of City till the end. We'll see who's got the bottle for it.

Great win for City all we can do is respond with 3 points at old Trafford in 2 weeks. As tough a game as we will play all season but to be champions it's won we need to win.

Blip over now just go for it. We get 90 points and still don't win it what can ya do? You can't be critical of that

That's the spirit Rob!!!! Call it as it is!

Our run in looks promising on paper,Southampton, Chelsea, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Wolves,

City funnily are in a situation where their last 8 games only contain 3 at home! 5 away games in last 8. We all know they win at home, but away this season they've lost 3 and drawn 2.

''Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

rob316 wrote: »

We will need more than 90 Rob, that would be 11 pts dropped in last 12 games. If city are flawless (they wont be) they hit 98.

If we hit 94/95 points and don't win it all we can shrug our shoulders and say well done City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Match City and they can't catch Liverpool, the games are now going to start to rush past which brings it's own pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Speak Now wrote: »
    We will need more than 90 Rob, that would be 11 pts dropped in last 12 games. If city are flawless (they wont be) they hit 98.

If we hit 94/95 points and don't win it all we can shrug our shoulders and say well done City.

9 wins from the remaining 12 games is realistic for us I think, that would give us 92 points. It's very possible we don't win the league with that. City have raised this to a whole other level over the past 2 seasons.

Capturegfaw.jpg

Just need to get on a run of wins again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

If City win all their games, I’ll streak down O’Connell Street with a Man City tattoo newly emblazoned across my arse. They’ll drop points, so will Liverpool and so will Spurs.

It’s this sort of stuff that promotes the “bottled it” cliches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

It's like a new signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

It's the kind of beard that never really goes away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’m guessing these are the new Keita posts after he put in a performance yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'll take 7/9 against Man Utd,Everton & Watford.

We stay top after those fixtures we have a great chance.

Spurs & Chelsea both at home & I expect us to beat both.

Lets win all 12 and beat citehs points record from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Utd at OT.

We haven't won there since we had Suarez and they were on the floor.

I actually thought it would be a very winnable game this season before the Olenaissance.

That being said, they generally seems to raise it no matter the state of affairs.

I count two wins in last ten years.

1-4 2009
    0-3 2014 (and the easiest win ever)

noodler wrote: »
    Utd at OT.

I actually thought it would be a very winnable game this season before the Olenaissance.

That being said, they generally seems to raise it no matter the state of affairs.

1-4 2009

Plenty poor teams in that 10 year spell, I'm confident we'll go there and win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Lots of twists and turns ahead although City demolished Chelsea.

• Advertisement

I think we lose there, I think City lose there too. We get it out of the way with lots of games to recover though.

A draw there is a good result, means we still have it in our own hands too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Capturegfaw.jpg

I thought we played 26 games so far this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's a good sign - 17 points during the bottling phase, things will only get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I think we might hammer United! They play very open football and I think Ole will be outclassed tactically by Klopp! Gini back in midfield alongside Fab will sort that Pogba fella out. Mane 2 and Salah 2 in a 4-1 win. VVD will sort out their attack! TAA back too so our shape will be very good again. Cmon you Redmen!

This is an incredible title race! If we win this, against a City team of this class, it will be an incredible achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

If we beat Utd at OT I think the title is there! The fixtures are kind to City but when you look at them week by week you’d feel like Liverpool could keep them at arm’s length for the remainder of the season

I.e their tricky games fall at the right time for Pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Capturegfaw.jpg

Utds title to lose .

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

robwen wrote: »
    It'll be grown back tomorrow

https://youtu.be/0gIhaXYAOAQ

I think we lose there, I think City lose there too. We get it out of the way with lots of games to recover though.

A draw there is a good result, means we still have it in our own hands too.

No way United win both those games, they are nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

What on earth are you basing this confidence on?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

givyjoe wrote: »

I imagine being top of the table and only losing one league game might have something to do with it!

• Advertisement

givyjoe wrote: »

I think Liverpool are a better team, are we running scared due to an 8 game form table?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

That's a good sign - 17 points during the bottling phase, things will only get better.
    2.12ppg during a bottling phase is impressive stuff in fairness.

Cup final type fixture for Utd. They'll raise their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

noodler wrote: »
    Utd at OT.

1-4 2009

Pattern emerging there. Every 5 years....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

marno21 wrote: »
    2.12ppg during a bottling phase is impressive stuff in fairness.

Yeah, it's mad, our worst period is still better than what my target was for the whole of last season (2ppg). Our worst form breaks out into an 80 point season if sustained for 38 games.

Even with the two disappointing draws recently, we really shouldn't lose sight of what a quantum leap this season has been. (oh boy!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Perspective on the scoreline is that this Chelsea team got beaten 4-0 by Bournemouth. With the mistakes they were making at the back of course they'll be punished by a team of City's attacking caliber.

We went back to 4-3-3 on Saturday and the performance was much better. Great to see that Trent made the bench for it but wasn't needed.

I've decided not to watch any of the games for the rest of the season. I've watched the City away game, the Leicester at home game and the West Ham away game so feel responsible for the blip.

I didn't watch the game on Saturday. Just peeked at the live score feed from behind the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I think Liverpool are a better team, are we running scared due to an 8 game form table?

Youve made a couple of delusional posts on this. Confidence in Liverpool is one thing, dismissal of just how much United have improved is another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Pattern emerging there. Every 5 years....

Thats the spirit, still dot think we're gonna win at OT. Ole has them playing like a team again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, it's mad, our worst period is still better than what my target was for the whole of last season (2ppg). Our worst form breaks out into an 80 point season if sustained for 38 games.

Even with the two disappointing draws recently, we really shouldn't lose sight of what a quantum leap this season has been. (oh boy!)

Best reference ever!

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Cup final type fixture for Utd. They'll raise their game.

I hope not! Our record in finals recently isn't that great :0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement