Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Capturegfaw.jpg

Just need to get on a run of wins again.

I love this stuff. Facts and stats to prove points. Like why 8? Why not 6 or in fact 10? Hell if we look at the last 10 fixtures City have lost 3. We have drawn 2 and lost 1.

These form tables are just bs designed to get one up on rival fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If the fans in Anfield were even slightly as negative as the ones on here it is actually believable that it could’ve seeped into the team and had a negative effect on performances.

I’d be surprised if we ever win another game again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mr.H wrote: »
    I love this stuff. Facts and stats to prove points. Like why 8? Why not 6 or in fact 10?

Because it's the table since OGS took over for United...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If Pochettino goes to United next season he will fit in well, he is already obsessed with Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If the fans in Anfield were even slightly as negative as the ones on here it is actually believable that it could’ve seeped into the team and had a negative effect on performances.

I’d be surprised if we ever win another game again.

I say if some of the negative nellys in here were to win the Euro millions they would moan due to the fact they have to walk down to lotto office to collect it.

The constant negativity is draining by some. Just enjoy the title race I say and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

it'll be very interesting how United set up against us ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

True, it'll be even more interesting to see how we set up against Utd :)

After Saturday's performance, feels like there's a strong case to go back to the 4-3-3 and let Salah enjoy himself on the wing. Can't help shake the idea that that was a key driver for Saturday's performance. The whole team looked more comfortable and in my limited footy nous, just feels like it was the formation that gave them the confidence - and yeah, I know Bournemouth weren't the strongest opposition, but think about how long it's been since it felt that the front three were so fluid in attack.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What's strange is that when we played Chelsea earlier in the season in 2 games on the bounce, it was a tactical masterclass from them.
    The league game was one of the best games of football I've seen. And then the Chelsea team yesterday looking like they don't know what a tactic is.
    City are on another level though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What's strange is that when we played Chelsea earlier in the season in 2 games on the bounce, it was a tactical masterclass from them.
    The league game was one of the best games of football I've seen. And then the Chelsea team yesterday looking like they don't know what a tactic is.

When we played them the Chelsea players were playing for sarri,they have downed tools yet again,hazard is all that is wrong with the modern footballer,he is a blight on that club

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Not surprised at all ,
    Chelsea players can down tools at any given time, they got smashed by Bournemouth a couple of weeks ago

The one club in the Prem where the players are absolute snakes, The know Roman runs the show not the manger, Hazard is off so doesn't care then rest always follow him ,

Chelsea is unlike any other English club they don't ever build for the future, There crap for 2 or 3 season's then just turn up have one belter of a season win the league and go back to being crap for another season or two ,

• Advertisement

Surely they’ll win no matter what way they set up.

ricero wrote: »
    I say if some of the negative nellys in here were to win the Euro millions they would moan due to the fact they have to walk down to lotto office to collect it.

The constant negativity is draining by some. Just enjoy the title race I say and hope for the best.

Yep it’s strange. The pretend Liverpool fans stick out like a sore thumb but the tantrums by some long term posters are are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Surely they’ll win no matter what way they set up.

Why do you post like this? It will be another Conte joke next! haHA those are funny))

People here on this thread get emotionally drained by someone's contrary opinion. Maybe you should make liverpool.hugbox.org and post there, ONLY positive thoughts please haHA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fred liked it that's all that matters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wonder if they'll chuck Sarri, if they do i think Chelsea will have a really hard time finding a new manager with the Sword of Damocles always over your head.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll chuck Sarri, if they do i think Chelsea will have a really hard time finding a new manager with the Sword of Damocles always over your head.

Not really, if you knew that you were going into a club on a big contract, and they can sack you at a moments notice and have to pay out the full contract....it's worth the risk.
    Money rules unfortunately.

Kante will have the pick of teams in the summer.

Get Edwards to stick in nice bid for him.

I would like another attacking midfielder. One without fear that will run at teams. Kante is not this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Don't think Kante runs with fear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Fred liked it that's all that matters!

You're obsessed with Fred mate...
    You might need to talk to some one about that before you get to emotionally involved

• Advertisement

Fred the Red has nothing to do with me.

Fred the Red has nothing to do with me.

I meant Coulson sir

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Don't think Kante runs with fear

I was unclear. I mean man who runs at teams and looks to past people. Like Konoplyanka. I think Kloop would have made him a better player than he is today. Missed chances hurt the soul.

brinty wrote: »
    I meant Coulson sir

I mean it in general, nothing that you said. Agent roleplay say that I only care about Fred thanking me, I think. This website is strange.

brinty wrote: »
    You're obsessed with Fred mate...
    You might need to talk to some one about that before you get to emotionally involved

More to the point mate I think your obsessed with my posts you seem to comment a lot on them maybe you need to get off the internet and get some fresh air it's not healthy, As for Fred that is actually the first time I have ever typed his screen name on the world wide web.

But hey you'll get your likes from your online buddies that's all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

This is going to be a long two weeks.....I predict at least 10 posts proclaiming this is not the UTD thread

Thud wrote:
    This is going to be a long two weeks.....I predict at least 10 posts proclaiming this is not the UTD thread

#1 right there

More to the point mate I think your obsessed with my posts you seem to comment a lot on them maybe you need to get off the internet and get some fresh air it's not healthy, As for Fred that is actually the first time I have ever typed his screen name on the world wide web.

Pot kettle and black ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

We played some lovely stuff on the weekend and was really happy with Martial's goal. Pogbas finish too was great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Ooops sorry wrong thread guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I see the ignore list (great function) is starting to put in a shift for me, though I fear for it's capability to ramp up to meet demand over the coming weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I predict a dozen more passive aggressive references to the existence of the ignore function.

I am glad people say they use the block function. You now know who is coward on internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I have no idea what is going on due to use of the ignore feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

I am glad people say they use the block function. You now know who is coward on internet forum.

Mate it's only footy. It's my release from the drudgery of daily life. Can't be arguing with lads over it, life's too short. Remember lads Emo loves you all.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    Mate it's only footy. It's my release from the drudgery of daily life. Can't be arguing with lads over it, life's too short. Remember lads Emo loves you all.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

ricero wrote: »

Constant negativity....?:rolleyes::confused:
    472759.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Chelsea got smashed by City, it wasn't a question of them downing tools. This is the same as saying Bournemouth were awful against us totally ignoring how well we paid (this was a Freudian slip I meant played but I'm leaving the original). Kudos to City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Constant negativity....?:rolleyes::confused:
    472759.png

Always positive when it comes to supporting the team and manager.

I can hold my hands up and say that FSG have proven me wrong since Klopp took over. May they continue to do so.

noodler wrote: »
    I predict a dozen more passive aggressive references to the existence of the ignore function.

How bad sure - If it raises awareness to more people who end up using it then we might end up with a bit less of the childish back and forths caused by the same tried and tested baiting techniques

There is still a good amount of decent posting happening in here which I'd rather read so I choose to filter out repetitive tribal crap. Your choice to use 'Coward' says a lot about your perspective though - Thanks for the insight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Could we tempt you to post on https://tfk.thefreekick.com/ ? We need great man with courage like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I wish I could sit all of you down over a pint and implore you to keep the heads! It's very important to remember some key points:
    • This team garnered a total of 75 points last year
    • They are on pace to break the 90 points barrier this year
    • Whether that wins the league or not, the reality is that it will represent substantial improvement
    • A tilt at the CL has been followed by a tilt at the league
    • We are always results orientated in sports, but the progress is there whether we win the big trophy or not
    • Our platform and minimums have gone up so much in the space of four years it's astonishing

If you can get into this head space then you'll find this period far more enjoyable and satisfying. City are incredibly formidable opposition, just like Madrid in the final last May were. It's not a binary position of success / failure; winning mentality / bottle. We might lose the title with a great points total that would have won most titles and be right to be delighted with the season overall. Infact, that's a very possible outcome from here.

Think about the moving pieces in the background. The club are starting to pay and lock up the core of this team. A young core with years to come. Our manager has demonstrated a constant progression and evolution of tactical approach and squad depth. This summer we will be in the best position we've been in since sometime in the 80's in terms of the depth of the project as a whole. Commercially, coaching wise, squad wise - it will be the best platform we've had.

That's not to say the title wouldn't be phenomenal. Of course it would be. Just as winning last May would have been amazing. But what was true last May will be true this May: progress is a sum of the bigger picture. It is not about the ultimate result of a specific competition or a subset of games within that competition.

Get into this head space and you'll start to float above the action just a little. :)

x43r0 wrote: »
    How bad sure - If it raises awareness to more people who end up using it then we might end up with a bit less of the childish back and forths caused by the same tried and tested baiting techniques

There is still a good amount of decent posting happening in here which I'd rather read so I choose to filter out repetitive tribal crap. Your choice to use 'Coward' says a lot about your perspective though - Thanks for the insight

This is very strange website sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Since he joined Liverpool Andrew Robertson has had the most assists of any defender in the Premier League - 11. I hope he has a payment clause for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I wish I could sit all of you down over a pint and implore you to keep the heads! It's very important to remember some key points:
    • Whether that wins the league or not, the reality is that it will represent substantial improvement
    • We are always results orientated in sports, but the progress is there whether we win the big trophy or not
    • Our platform and minimums have gone up so much in the space of four years it's astonishing

If you can get into this head space then you'll find this period far more enjoyable and satisfying. City are incredibly formidable opposition, just like Madrid in the final last May were. It's not a binary position of success / failure; winning mentality / bottle. We might lose the title with a great points total that would have won most titles and be right to be delighted with the season overall. Infact, that's a very possible outcome from here.

Think about the moving pieces in the background. The club are starting to pay and lock up the core of this team. A young core with years to come. Our manager has demonstrated a constant progression and evolution of tactical approach and squad depth. This summer we will be in the best position we've been in since sometime in the 80's in terms of the depth of the project as a whole. Commercially, coaching wise, squad wise - it will be the best platform we've had.

That's not to say the title wouldn't be phenomenal. Of course it would be. Just as winning last May would have been amazing. But what was true last May will be true this May: progress is a sum of the bigger picture. It is not about the ultimate result of a specific competition or a subset of games within that competition.

Get into this head space and you'll start to float above the action just a little. :)

The work done this year off the field has ensured that almost the entirety of this side will be around next year.

I think we will strengthen again, with none of the front 3 going anywhere for at least next season, Van Dijk having joined at his peak and being set to finish his top level career here, we've a really solid long term midfield with Henderson, Gini, Keita and Fabinho all on long term contracts and well under 30.
    Our defence is now excellent but a bit shallow, so that needs work, but it's something we can build on.

We will be there or there abouts next season almost no matter what happens.
    The weaknesses before were that "this might be our only shot at this" with sides that were held together with bluetack and shallow as a puddle. Winning the league is a bit of a lottery, but we've never had so many tickets before.

We do need to let go of the angst a bit and love this team for what it is, and not just what it might do in this particular season.

I gotta say Keita was class the weekend, Iv giving him stick before but he was what we all hoped he was when we signed him

Gini is the most underrated player in the Prem ,

If all things go to plan you'd hope the midfield 3 on Saturday become our number one midfield 3 ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

No, **** you.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1094873382494105601
    Jurgen Klopp described Naby Keita performance as a "big step" and said he's been one of the first names on the teamsheet as he sought to play the midfielder into form.

Looks like Klopp is also going with the belief that Keita needs a good run of games to find form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

x43r0 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1094873382494105601

Looks like Klopp is also going with the belief that Keita needs a good run of games to find form

So glad Jurgen has finally started to read boards!

Vicxas wrote: »
    So glad Jurgen has finally started to read boards!

If he read Boards Fab & Keita would have been shipped out in January :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement