Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think Salah's over in Spain too at the moment. Probably by a pool drinking something with a ridiculous umbrella in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pearce is saying Lovren won't be ready for Munich and it looks like Matip and Fab as the center backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Knex. wrote: »
    Ramsey was linked to us on a free a good few times. Off to Juve for 400k a week.

400k. What in the name of ****.

Have Italy returned to Lira?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DzNpQp_UwAcY9DE.jpg

DzNpNjZUwAY-il4.jpg

DzNpeNXVYAADY1L.jpg

DzNpEp9VYAYGr1W.jpg

1_JS164415590.jpg

thumb_81334_default_news_size_5.jpeg

thumb_81313_default_news_size_5.jpeg

thumb_81359_default_news_size_5.jpeg

thumb_81360_default_news_size_5.jpeg

thumb_81361_default_news_size_5.jpeg

thumb_81362_default_news_size_5.jpeg

thumb_81363_default_news_size_5.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klopp is so much fun. We are the Champions of Happiness if nothing else. So many smiles I can see Colgate wanting to sponsor us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That links not working for me,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It contained details for the Sean Cox legends game. Dunno why LFC have zapped it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Have Italy returned to Lira?!

Easy to laugh but he was better than Suarez in 13/14*.

*according to Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pearce is saying Lovren won't be ready for Munich and it looks like Matip and Fab as the center backs.

Can't carry both Lovren and Matip next season. They are both too injury prone. One of them will have to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This is a pain as ud like one of the midfielders to get a rest and come in for the United game ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

1_JS164415590.jpg

Mo's beard didn't take long to come back!

This is a pain as ud like one of the midfielders to get a rest and come in for the United game ,

Well, they're having a rest until the CL game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The legs in midfield should be fine. All of them have been rotated and have had forced rests through injury, sickness and/or red cards. Throw in a 10 day break a few weeks back and they're currently on another 10 day break. If they are tired, that's an issue.

Can't carry both Lovren and Matip next season. They are both too injury prone. One of them will have to go.

Both less so than Gomez so we can't carry him either then.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    1_JS164415590.jpg

Mo's beard didn't take long to come back!

Those magic Pep pills he got off Messi while making that Pepsi ad aid hair growth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Klopp is so much fun. We are the Champions of Happiness if nothing else.

Well. I can see that being quoted at the end of the season in another thread.

Lovren keep on picking up stupid knocks though - at least with Gomez you can see why he was out so long. Dejan could sneeze and be off for 10 days.

Lovren keep on picking up stupid knocks though - at least with Gomez you can see why he was out so long. Dejan could sneeze and be off for 10 days.

He's out for 10 days Gomez ends up missing 3/4's of a season.

He's out for 10 days Gomez ends up missing 3/4's of a season.

People say Gomes isn't injury prone because his injuries are serious , how in the name of god does that make sense ,

Lovren is injury prone and so is Gomez no way around it,

• Advertisement

Between Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Lallana & Sturridge we have way to many injury prone players in the squad.

Henderson also picks up his fair share of knocks as well.

You can get by with 1 maybe 2 at a push but not that many.

Ox is injury prone too ........
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/verletzungen/spieler/143424

..........folk claim otherwise of course, iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Yeah I would sell Lovren in the summer.

Might get 20-30m. We do need another CB because of injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The frustrating thing with Gomez is that it hasn't been a specific recurring injury, it has been several, different, major ones.
    2015/16, cruciate ligament injury (234 days/52 games missed)
    2016/17, Achilles tendon problems (128 days/15 games missed)
    2017/18, ankle injury (28 days/5 games missed)
    2017/18, ankle surgery (54 days/2 games missed)
    2018/19, fractured leg (69 days/14 games missed)

That data is pulled from Transfermarkt.

I mean, if he did his Achilles, back, hamstring or his knee and kept missing games because of it, we'd say he's injury prone and cut our losses. When it is multiple injuries to different parts of the body for varying lengths and seemingly is having no obvious impact on his ability when he is available, it is a lot harder to move on or replace him.

I'd like another CB brought in over the summer for sure - ideally one that can cover the right or left of the back four too - but Gomez has an important role to play too, I think.

I mean, you can just see a situation where we let him go and then in a year or two, we're wondering why because he's gone 2 or 3 years without an injury and is absolutely top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Klopp is so much fun. We are the Champions of Happiness if nothing else. So many smiles I can see Colgate wanting to sponsor us.

Apparently Tampax are sponsoring Everton next season, as they are going through a really bad period at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He’s too talented to get rid off. The other two aren’t.

They seem to pick up constant niggly injuries. Can maybe carry one of them but not two. I’d like to see one shipped out at least.

• Advertisement

Gomez has just been unlucky. None of his injuries are trivial. He is 21 as well, Lovren is 27 I think and not as good anyway.

Pep Lijnders talking up Fab big time this afternoon and why they moved to a 4231 and now are happy to go back to a 433.

Basically the 4231 was to get Fab settled into the team and get him comfortable and now that he is they can play any system with him.

Great coaching and man management for the coaching staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

MD1990 wrote: »
    Yeah I would sell Lovren in the summer.

Might get 20-30m. We do need another CB because of injuries.

Keep him and hopefully hoever might get a few starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Pep Lijnders talking up Fab big time this afternoon and why they moved to a 4231 and now are happy to go back to a 433.

Basically the 4231 was to get Fab settled into the team and get him comfortable and now that he is they can play any system with him.

Wow, changing the formation to suit one player is quite the compliment to Fabinho and a big statement of the coaching staff's belief in him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I've been hoping this is the case. I think we have to go back to 433 til the end of the season and if we can blow away some teams early in games like we did then switch to the more solid 4231.

I'm not sure on 4231 against sides that will sit in deep unless of course we can get driving at teams from the middle like the ox did v city for example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Keep him and hopefully hoever might get a few starts

If a teenager is getting anything more than an emergency sub appearance at CB you're likely in trouble as a team. If either Matip or Lovren leave, someone who is better than what they bring needs to be brought in.

Gomez has just been unlucky. None of his injuries are trivial. He is 21 as well, Lovren is 27 I think and not as good anyway.

I don't think anyone is saying get rid of Gomez that would be daft,

People are just pointing out that up this this stage of his career he is injury prone which is true ,

Finger crossed he has just be unfortunate and he is an ever present for years to come ,

Between Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Lallana & Sturridge we have way to many injury prone players in the squad.

Henderson also picks up his fair share of knocks as well.

You can get by with 1 maybe 2 at a push but not that many.

Decided to just add these up (as I've clearly got nothing better to do)

Matip - 40 games missed over 201 days since 16/17
    Lovren - 28 games missed over 182 days since 14/15
    Gomez - 88 games missed over 513 days since 15/16
    Henderson - 59 games missed over 346 days since 14/15
    Lallana - 67 games missed over 368 days since 14/15
    Sturridge - 99 games missed over 567 days since 12/13

All of this is time missed since joining Liverpool which is why I didn't bother including Oxlade Chamberlain as we all know the state of play there.

Again, all stats from TransferMarkt.

Sturridge just one game off a century.

All of this is time missed since joining Liverpool which is why I didn't bother including Oxlade Chamberlain as we all know the state of play there.

Again, all stats from TransferMarkt..............

123 games missed through injury since and including 12/13 season, where he missed 5 games. That was his breakthrough season I expect.

118 games missed since 13/14.

Lovren is miles behind the rest considering how long he's been here,

Didn't think Hendo was that bad,

Id be getting rid of Studge (he's gone anyway) , Lallana and Matip this summer.

The Gomez stat is a bit unfair in a way as he was an U21 player at the time, he would probably have been progressed into the senior side earlier but it's not as if the manager was relying on him.

Sturridge on 99 games, Mike Dean on 99 luft cards hmmmm - who will hit the century sooner! :D

The Gomez stat is a bit unfair in a way as he was an U21 player at the time, he would probably have been progressed into the senior side earlier but it's not as if the manager was relying on him.

How is it unfair ? its his injury record,

We singed him in June he started the first game of the season and he had played 7 games for us and got his first bad injury in October of that year so he was in the first team squad and in and around the team ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sturridge stat is shocking. Missing nearly 1 out of every 4 days since he signed.

Sturridge on 99 games, Mike Dean on 99 luft cards hmmmm - who will hit the century sooner! :D

True - I guess a more accurate way of stating is that he was unavailable for 88 games/513 days since signing.

As a player being eased into the team, he certainly wouldn't have played every one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Iang87 wrote: »
    I've been hoping this is the case. I think we have to go back to 433 til the end of the season and if we can blow away some teams early in games like we did then switch to the more solid 4231.

I'm not sure on 4231 against sides that will sit in deep unless of course we can get driving at teams from the middle like the ox did v city for example

So is it Fab at the base of the midfield then Keita and Gini further forward?

Firmino was just outstanding on Saturday I've been scratching my head all season wondering where that player was, he scored 30 goals last season like. Salah too was just dangerous throughout linking up with the other 2 forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Not saying Pep is waffling but we played 4-2-3-1 for most of the season and until december-ish Fabinho hardly played at all while he acclimatised nevermind in that system!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rob316 wrote: »
    So is it Fab at the base of the midfield then Keita and Gini further forward?

Firmino was just outstanding on Saturday I've been scratching my head all season wondering where that player was, he scored 30 goals last season like. Salah too was just dangerous throughout linking up with the other 2 forwards.

---Fabby-
    Gini--Nabby

Is what we all want surely until Ox-Cham is back to full speed and even then the above trio feels like the best mix of styles.

Bobby F scored 15 in the prem last season he has 9 now, so if he has an exciting end to the season he could get close. The stats for last season were enhanced by the CL score lines - Salah likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Those Gomez stats are hugely troubling. It's crazy how good he is considering how much his development has been interrupted through injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

On the plus side there's no chance of burn out from too many games at a young age! I'd stick with Joe but one or both of Matip and Lovren need to go, can't rely on either to be fit when you need your backup!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Has Sturridge actually been injured this season? I think it's a fairly long stretch uninjured by his usual standards, the Sturridge 'jokes' are getting harder to churn out.

Gomez won't be sold and I don't think anyone is saying that what is being said is he can't be trusted to stay injury free.

It will be interesting to see which teams will take a punt on Lallana as I do think he will leave.

I don't think Lovren will be sold in the summer unless they is a mighty bid for him that can't be turned down.

Sturridge will go to the States or China would be a good shout. Since he hasn't done a Ramsey and signed a pre-contract with a European team. I wonder would his pride let him play for a bottom half of the table team fighting relegation.

Matip would go back to Germany plenty of teams would pick him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Has Sturridge actually been injured this season? I think it's a fairly long stretch uninjured by his usual standards, the Sturridge 'jokes' are getting harder to churn out.

Not even trying to make them into jokes just digs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Why is Virgil out ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement