Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Herbie Kane with both an assist and a goal as Doncaster beat Southend Utd. He seems to be having a great season down there in League One.

I can guess a certain Spurs striker will be hoping for a typo when that goes to print/in the stat books as to claim a few more goals for himself haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Feeling much better about the game next week after seeing United’s performance tonight

Ole looked a bit out of his depth when his sides’ back were to the wall.

4-3-3 please Jurgen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

United beaten by PSG, a very good side. Heres an example of some of the hyperbole, and from respected journos, when it comes to one freakin result. Fake news.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47218876

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah it's great.

evra940-8col.jpg

Ssssssuuuuuaaaaarrrrrrezzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

threein99 wrote:
    The abuse he's referring to is the racist abuse Suarez was found guilty of towards Evra.

To be fair after the game last night it looks like united know racial abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Slippy G jokes thin on the ground this morning, it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

You'd have to be disappointed if Liverpool dont come away with a 2/3 goal win from Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mr.H wrote: »
    To be fair after the game last night it looks like united know racial abuse

What ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ebbsy wrote: »

Back to supporting city for them.

• Advertisement

They will never end my friend, your captain and all time legendary player slipped and cost you the title you have craved since 1990 just 2 weeks after saying this doesn't slip in a rousing look at me speech in front of the Sky cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

United beaten by PSG, a very good side. Heres an example of some of the hyperbole, and from respected journos, when it comes to one freakin result. Fake news.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47218876

That article essentially boils down to "PSG have better players than Man United because Man Uniteds transfer strategy wasn't great there for a bit."

I mean, I guess he's right but not sure he needed about 800 words to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    You'd have to be disappointed if Liverpool dont come away with a 2/3 goal win from Old Trafford.

Yeah a 1 goal win would be heartbreaking :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

PhuckHugh wrote: »

Unbeaten in over 10 games then lose 1 game and now we're expected to win by 3 goals? It's ridiculous how things change here after a single game. Especially when it's not even Liverpool who were playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Unbeaten in over 10 games then lose 1 game and now we're expected to win by 3 goals? It's ridiculous how things change here after a single game. Especially when it's not even Liverpool who were playing.

Your right lets be fair here and not get ahead of ourselves
    When Marital and Lingaurd went off the game changed ,
    PSG could push on without worrying about them in behind,
    If them two are fit it will be a tuff tuff game ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

threein99 wrote: »
    They will never end my friend, your captain and all time legendary player slipped and cost you the title you have craved since 1990 just 2 weeks after saying this doesn't slip in a rousing look at me speech in front of the Sky cameras.

CyBjkhYW8AAerUA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

This really is pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Your right lets be fair here and not get ahead of ourselves
    When Marital and Lingaurd went off the game changed ,
    PSG could push on without worrying about them in behind,
    If them two are fit it will be a tuff tuff game ,

Liverpool and man city's games against United will be crucial to the title race I don't see both teams beating United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

jose.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Had an epiphany this morning. I was just amazed by the bi-polar behaviour of so many supporters on boards. Liverpool play poorly and drop a few point = bottlers. United turn around their season, putting some form together and then lose to PSG = **** team, incapable manager. Poster snipping at each other and making references to events, losses and triumphs that happen years and years ago.....then it struck me, many of the opinions and remarks that get my goat are possibly coming from 14 year old lads waiting to go into class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Stevie G is not the all time legendary player, there are a few in there who are better and more legendary than him

• Advertisement

Stevie G is not the all time legendary player, there are a few in there who are better and more legendary than him

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

sideswipe wrote: »
    Had an epiphany this morning. I was just amazed by the bi-polar behaviour of so many supporters on boards. Liverpool play poorly and drop a few point = bottlers. United turn around their season, putting some form together and then lose to PSG = **** team, incapable manager. Poster snipping at each other and making references to events, losses and triumphs that happen years and years ago.....then it struck me, many of the opinions and remarks that get my goat are possibly coming from 14 year old lads waiting to go into class.

Had an epiphany years ago when United won the 19th title. All that angst went and i no longer cared. I now no longer live in fear but in hope and life is much better this way. I dont hate many things but i had a 'hatred' for United.
    I dont have that anymore and respect everything they have done in the game. Yes, i love to win against them(wish it would happen more) but i have scant regard for the sky sports Sunday crew who sit in a pub and spew sh*te at one another.
    Believe me these fans are not representative of either club. Its school yard stuff, rise above it and say nothing is what i do.

So Gini, Milner and Fab didn't train yesterday ,
    If Fab is out we are in big trouble, who would partner Matip ? Hendo ?

I think to win at Old Trafford Fab must start in midfield that game,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Have the mods merged the LFC and Utd threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Truly a case of attack being the best form of defence. I didn't even realise they lost until I came on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Meanwhile, Fabinho was absent due a minor muscle complaint, but is expected to resume full training in the coming days.[/B]

The manager told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s how it is after games, you have a couple of problems.

“Millie and Gini still struggle with their illnesses, so they did a bit of work in the hotel. Fabinho felt [something] a little bit; it will not be a problem, but there was no reason for him to be out today.

“Hopefully he can train tomorrow and if not then the day after that. None of them are serious, all will be fine.”

He will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Keita:
    We played very well together in Leipzig and he was one of my best friends. It’s clear that should he move, I'll ask Timo to come to Liverpool

Mané:
    I'd advise him to join Liverpool. I like his style of play. Very forceful, good finish, always giving it 100 percent. If he wants to join us, we'd welcome him to our team.

Timo Werner....tap tap tap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

The Liverpool is in his DNA if he does not come at once he will feel a great sadness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sometimes players miss training as a precautionary measure.

It does not mean they'll miss a game next week.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sometimes players miss training as a precautionary measure.

It does not mean they'll miss a game next week.

Of course but precaution is for a reason , so fingers crossed nothing gets worse ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Would love Timo Werner at Lfc. His style would suit us aswell.

ricero wrote: »
    Would love Timo Werner at Lfc. His style would suit us aswell.

Is he really that good ?
    I don't see it myself . his goals number's are pretty average

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Is he really that good ?

Never saw the lad play but it's not all about numbers as Firmino proves, if you looked at his bare career stats you might not think he was that good but he's vital to Liverpool, still love some proper competition for him, mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Is he really that good ?

So was Salad and Sadio before they joined Liverpool..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

8-10 wrote: »
    Keita:

Mané:

Timo Werner....tap tap tap

As Werner is being most linked with Bayern the CL tie is a good chance to showcase why he should join Liverpool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is he really that good ?

Well I think we are all glad you aren't involved in signing any of the players.

Well I think we are all glad you aren't involved in signing any of the players.

What do you think his strong points are ?
    I just think we need a better finisher than him ,

not yet wrote: »
    So was Salad and Sadio before they joined Liverpool..

Salah got 19 in his last season at Roma and pretty sure Mane got 15 so they where still scoring goals plus neither played center forward ,

Never saw the lad play but it's not all about numbers as Firmino proves, if you looked at his bare career stats you might not think he was that good but he's vital to Liverpool, still love some proper competition for him, mind you.

That's true but i'd have thought because we have Bobby as the hard working forward we should probably get a proper goal scoring center forward for the squad also ,

Anyway in Klopp we trust , just saying form what iv seen he doesn't look clinical ,

• Advertisement

55 goals and 20 assists in 100 games for Red Bull I think that is pretty decent return for a striker.

9 goals in 23 games for Germany not bad for a 22 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is he really that good ?

A goal nearly every second game is his ratio for Leipzig and hes only 22 years of age.

Honestly do some research before posting some unjust opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Part of the recruitment policy is to sign players who want to play for Liverpool rather than chase players who may or may not be interested imo. Werner has said that he would like to play for man u

Werner isn't just a striker he can play across the front 3 as well.

He can also play as an out and out striker and be that player if and when we need to play with 1 up front.

He also had a near telepathic relationship with Keita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's nuts to think we will hammer utd at OT imo.

Especially based on one result.

We have to survive the early onslaught though (or better year score early). Obvious as **** of course but I don't like us chasing a game.

He wouldn't displace any of the front 3 unless he can dramatically improve his numbers.

• Advertisement

I consider all of our front 3 as strikers/forwards really.......... they aren't wide men, our full backs provide the width more often then not ........ and the crosses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rob316 wrote: »
    He wouldn't displace any of the front 3 unless he can dramatically improve his numbers.

1 goal in 2? Any side would/should kill to have that player as the "forth" pick!

ricero wrote: »
    A goal nearly every second game is his ratio for Leipzig and hes only 22 years of age.

Honestly do some research before posting some unjust opinions.

Iv seen him play and I don't think he is clinically enough ,

perfect example is Lakaku , he has a great goals ratio for his age and I wouldn't want him near our squad either ,

Liverpool confirm talks with rival manufacturers over lucrative new kit deal with New Balance partnership set to expire

Managing director Billy Hogan has confirmed that talks are underway as Liverpool look to strike the most lucrative kit deal in the club's history.

The Reds' current arrangement with New Balance, which is worth around £45million per season, expires at the end of the 2019/20 season.

Hogan is leading the club's pursuit of a new deal which recognises Liverpool 's thrilling resurgence as a dominant force both in the Premier League and the Champions League under Jurgen Klopp .

Manchester United have the most lucrative contract in the top-flight as they bank around £75million per season from Adidas. The Reds believe they should be commanding that kind of figure .

Liverpool haven't ruled out signing an extension with Boston-based New Balance but are also in dialogue with rival companies.

“We are in conversation with New Balance and we are in conversation with others as well,” Hogan told The Drum.

“(The kit deal) is an incredibly important partnership – not just for the financial support it delivers for the club but also from the distribution standpoint.”

With Liverpool challenging for the Premier League title and preparing for a last 16 tie with Bayern Munich in the Champions League having reached the final last term, their negotiating position could hardly be stronger.

The Reds have worn New Balance since 2015/16 having previously worked with their affiliate company Warrior from 2012/13.

The partnership has proved successful with this season's kit the highest selling in the club's history .

The club's latest accounts, published last week, showed that commercial revenue for the year to May 2018 grew by £17million to £154million.

Liverpool currently boast 30 brand partners, including main club sponsor Standard Chartered, shirt sleeve sponsor Western Union and training kit sponsor BetVictor.

The club's history and tradition counts for a lot but so does the fact that Liverpool's online content has surpassed one billion video views so far this season. Hogan is targeting further expansion in the States, China and India.

“It's a competitive marketplace,” he added.

“Not just those in the Premier League but across Europe. And we would argue wider than that – outside of football even.

“From our perspective, there is obviously an incredibly deep and rich history over the course of 126 years here at Liverpool FC which is based upon extremely strong values.

The ridiculed Liverpool summer signing making a difference in Premier League title race

"When you think about what that means in terms of the reach and the size and the scale, bringing that to a partner, there are very few other properties within sport frankly that can offer that.”

According to Brand Finance, Liverpool FC's brand value has increased by 33% in the last 12 months.

The Reds were the most watched English team across all competitions last season with around 880 million viewers across the globe.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-talks-rival-manufacturers-over-15824569

1 goal in 2? Any side would/should kill to have that player as the "forth" pick!

Its absolutely fine numbers but he won't be getting in ahead of salah, mane or firmino

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement