Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Iv seen him play and I don't think he is clinically enough ,

perfect example is Lakaku , he has a great goals ratio for his age and I wouldn't want him near our squad either ,

What's his off the ball running like?

What's his tracking back like?

What's his movement like to open space for the attacking midfielders like?

What's his left foot like compared to his right foot?

Is he good with his head?

What's his Xg like for shots to goal ratio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

rob316 wrote: »
    Its absolutely fine numbers but he won't be getting in ahead of salah, mane or firmino

Yeah but is anyone talking about replacing those 3? We need quality back up/rotation options. If we want to play 50-60 games a season competitively, we can't drop from Mané, Salah and Firmino to Origi or a half-fit Sturridge.

Look at City's front 3 option, or United's. There isn't a massive drop in quality meaning that if Martial or Sané misses a game, it isn't a crisis because you can use Sanchez/Lingard or Silva/Jesus or some combination. Shaqiri, who can do it, seems to have been incorporated into our central midfield options too, as has Oxlade-Chamberlain, so even those who can play wide or up top, don't.

We need versatile players who can play across the front 3 to keep everyone fit. Werner (or AN other) would surely be the right type of player for this role. Tbh, though, I don't know much about Werner as I don't want the Bundesliga very often (I suspect I'm not alone in this regard! Is it even on TV here?) so I can't really say if he'd actually be a suitable option for that role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What's his off the ball running like? strongest asset but get caught offside quite a bit

What's his tracking back like? Not great at all ,

What's his movement like to open space for the attacking midfielders like? Is this not running of the ball ? its good his best asset

What's his left foot like compared to his right foot? Right footed but can use left when needed

Is he good with his head? no pretty awful .

What's his Xg like for shots to goal ratio?
    no idea

Dybala is available for £120m is he good enough?

I guess Juve have to pay for Ronnie, Can and Ramsey someway.

no idea

I though you watched him?

I though you watched him?

I did read my post, the no idea was for the ratio , I answered your questions .

Dybala is available for £120m is he good enough?

I guess Juve have to pay for Ronnie, Can and Ramsey someway.

Only really seen highlights and a couple of games but he looks to have a real touch of class,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

The thread makes for tough reading lately. Very poor quality. The Munich match cannot come soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

The thread makes for tough reading lately. Very poor quality. The Munich match cannot come soon enough.

Ya it's really gone to shít since we've had a few new posters in here! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I've probably seen Timo Werner play once/maybe twice but just on his age, stats and ability to play across the front three he's the type of player that we need. I really think Ronaldo and Messi's decade long exploits have destroyed some peoples perception of what a good goal to game ratio is. He's 22, has 99 starts for RB and has scored 45 goals and got 14 assists. How many young players have that strike rate! He may not be at our current front three's level (overall ability, his strike rate is right there) but his stats sure looks like a guy ready to move to that level very soon.

If we don't get past Bayern we'll play 48 games this year, that's with going out of the other cups in the first round round we were involved, it's on the low end of what we'd likely play every year. We usually play three up top, that's 144 starts available between 4 players, plenty of starts and sub appearances to go around and keep everyone happy and fit. Also it would be nice to not run the current three into the ground and it still leaves opportunities for Brewster to get his shot to prove he has it.

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    I've probably seen Timo Werner play once/maybe twice but just on his age, stats and ability to play across the front three he's the type of player that we need. I really think Ronaldo and Messi's decade long exploits have destroyed some peoples perception of what a good goal to game ratio is. He's 22, has 99 starts for RB and has scored 45 goals and got 14 assists. How many young players have that strike rate! He may not be at our current front three's level (overall ability, his strike rate is right there) but his stats sure looks like a guy ready to move to that level very soon.

If we don't get past Bayern we'll play 48 games this year, that's with going out of the other cups in the first round round we were involved, it's on the low end of what we'd likely play every year. We usually play three up top, that's 144 starts available between 4 players, plenty of starts and sub appearances to go around and keep everyone happy and fit. Also it would be nice to not run the current three into the ground and it still leaves opportunities for Brewster to get his shot to prove he has it.

No doubt we need bodies up top especially, as we have no cover for Mane or Salah ,

I'm just saying personally I don't think Werner is the best option I don't think we will go for him ,

I'm not stupid enough to think I know everything and can't be wrong about a player ,so if Jurgen decides to sign him then fair enough h,

But would Werner want to play for us? Sadly there will be bigger and better clubs looking for him I think.

But would Werner want to play for us? Sadly there will be bigger and better clubs looking for him I think.

Mask slipping :)

If Real came in for him, we wouldn't have much of a chance. He is very highly rated by many, so he will have big clubs sniffing around. I think it's a fair enough point to make.

If Real came in for him, we wouldn't have much of a chance. He is very highly rated by many, so he will have big clubs sniffing around. I think it's a fair enough point to make.

Can't see Real going for him ,
    They need names this summer I don't think his name is big enough for them ,

Good attempt at a save but you just didn't quite get there :)

No doubt we need bodies up top especially, as we have no cover for Mane or Salah ,

I'm just saying personally I don't think Werner is the best option I don't think we will go for him ,

I'm not stupid enough to think I know everything and can't be wrong about a player ,so if Jurgen decides to sign him then fair enough h,

I've no idea who the best option is but the one that keeps coming up in the media seems to be Werner so had a look at his stats as that's all I can really use quickly to get an idea of what he can do. Maybe we are after him or it's his agent trying to get Bayern to pony up more cash. Bayern are going through a rebuild, up front at least, and Werner fits the bill to lead their new attack. If not him we need someone of that level or better coming in with Origi and Sturridge out the door.

His profile seems to be bigger on the continent. He is a regular for Germany with a good strike rate for them. Young too, with his best years ahead of him. I am sure he would be welcomed by the Real fanbase with open arms. Klopp could be what swings it for us though. I suppose you can't understate that.

His profile seems to be bigger on the continent. He is a regular for Germany with a good strike rate for them. Young too, with his best years ahead of him. I am sure he would be welcomed by the Real fanbase with open arms. Klopp could be what swings it for us though. I suppose you can't understate that.

Are you arguing with yourself ?

You post " why would he sign for Liverpool "

Next post "Klopp could be what swings it for us though. I suppose you can't understate that."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It would be preferable than others arguing with him.

You post " why would he sign for Liverpool "

Next post "Klopp could be what swings it for us though. I suppose you can't understate that."

You're dead wrong. I think it's very likely he would choose Real/Barca over us. But maybe, just maybe Kloops pull could swing it for us. It's not that hard to understand.

It would be preferable than others arguing with him.

I think your post is unwarrented. I have not started any arguements at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

You'd imagine Fred the Red would have wounds to salve and existential questions to ponder as a consequence of their exposure last night rather than thanking random posts on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/AZ_Strasser/status/1095338251332726784?s=19

Klopp is happy at Liverpool and the club are happy with him. He is likely to extend his contract past 2022. 99.9% certain it will happen if a PL or CL is won.

mosstin wrote: »
    You'd imagine Fred the Red would have wounds to salve and existential questions to ponder as a consequence of their exposure last night rather than thanking random posts on here.

Real men should not worry about the thanks system. You should put it out of your mind. I think it might make you happier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

mosstin wrote:

Wolves care little for the opinion of sheep...
    Which are you???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AZ_Strasser/status/1095338251332726784?s=19

Klopp is happy at Liverpool and the club are happy with him. He is likely to extend his contract past 2022. 99.9% certain it will happen if a PL or CL is won.

Who wouldn't want this man as your coach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

**** sake, thread should be locked, united lose and they invade the Liverpool thread, surely that's backwards, as for the rest of it, it's unreadable

**** sake, thread should be locked, united lose and they invade the Liverpool thread, surely that's backwards, as for the rest of it, it's unreadable

I think it's possible that you are overreacting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Salah got 19 in his last season at Roma and pretty sure Mane got 15 so they where still scoring goals plus neither played center forward ,

Your dead right..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DzTb8PlX4AEehcw.jpg

Should have worn a red coat

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Who's Fred the Red that posters keep referencing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Who's Fred the Red that posters keep referencing?

If United beat Liverpool, wait 20 mins and then head into the humour forum and you'll find out.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

If United beat Liverpool, wait 20 mins and then head into the humour forum and you'll find out.

Ah .... ok.... I've no interest in that shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Ah .... ok.... I've no interest in that shíte.

Wise. Whenever United win a top-six game, the concept of "humour" is somewhat stretched.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I fear the mask was never in place. HAha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »

*thanks furiously*

Aerial duels won 49.5%. This is an interesting stat. I would like it to be over 50%. Very interesting. The source is OPTA.

Turtyturd wrote: »

I find it difficult to communicate in English and even in general. Is this the mask you refer to? I don't understand what you mean. I would like some clarification. Otherwise I won't be able to post better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I find it difficult to communicate in English and even in general. Is this the mask you refer to? I don't understand what you mean. I would like some clarification. Otherwise I won't be able to post better.

What’s your native language?

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    What’s your native language?

Komi also some Russian and English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c64815161525741673ed671

Well, at least you men are having fun! Even at my expense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Ardent

Jadon Sancho looks a proper player. Would fit right in at LFC!

Pulisic not so good tonight. He cost a lot of monies. Perhaps we dodged a bullet with not getting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

20 mins, if United are leading he will have a post at the ready for full time whistle

Spurs beating top of the Bundesliga Dortmund 3-0 without two of their best players, I'm pretty confident we'll take Bayern over the two legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fromvert wrote: »
    Spurs beating top of the Bundesliga Dortmund 3-0 without two of their best players, I'm pretty confident we'll take Bayern over the two legs.

Same but after watching Dortmund it's a shame we didn't draw them. They look so weak and toothless here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I reckon Spurs are a better team without Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement