Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As has been the case for a good number of seasons now, Dortmund are completely average without Reus. Would still love to sign him even at his age and with his injury record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Son is such a good player. Spurs well worth their 3-0, and looking good for the next stage. They finish games so well! Fixture list might get a bit tough with their shallow squad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

What's the potential outcome? Slap on the wrist, fine or could he get a match-day ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Maybe a touchline ban as he was warned after the Everton game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    What's the potential outcome? Slap on the wrist, fine or could he get a match-day ban?

I'd say a slap on the wrist and a fine. Sure Ferguson was always getting these and AFAIK he never got a match ban. Used to drive me cracked that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I'd say a slap on the wrist and a fine. Sure Ferguson was always getting these and AFAIK he never got a match ban. Used to drive me cracked that!

I reckon there’s a zero percent chance of Klopp getting off as lightly as Ferguson so often did.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    martyos121 wrote: »
    I reckon there’s a zero percent chance of Klopp getting off as lightly as Ferguson so often did.

Didn't Jose have form with this and he did get a ban? Am I remembering that right or was it because he kept doing it and he pissed off the blazers to the point where they gave him a ban? Didn't he have to watch a match in the team hotel? Not suggesting what Klopp did would come anywhere near that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This could be a bit of fun to watch tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1095751709937319936?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just been looking at the Championship on Quest, Sergi Canos ripping it up for Brentford again, the Griffin Park forum full of praise for him after a bad spell. While he'll never be back at Liverpool he could see the prem yet on a transfer as that's the clubs whole business model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Always a mistake to point out that referees are only human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This could be a bit of fun to watch tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1095751709937319936?s=21

It's up, haven't watched it yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I love the boss but he should know to not go on like that , it was never going to lead to any good,
    As this is his second charge of the season will probably be banned from the touch line against United ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I love the boss but he should know to not go on like that , it was never going to lead to any good,
    As this is his second charge of the season will probably be banned from the touch line against United ,

www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/.../standard-penalties.ashx

Looks like he can't actually be banned. He didn't use abusive or insulting language so is only looking at a fine.

Pep on the importance of Fab
    “Inside the ‘organised chaos’ that we want, that we like, he is like a lighthouse,” says Lijnders. “He controls it.

“There’s a saying in Portuguese, ‘A bola sempre sai rodada’. It means ‘The ball always goes out round’ and with a player like Fabinho in the middle, you can see that.

"His timing, his vision, his calmness, it gives another dimension to our midfield play.”

Full interview in the link.

Goal.com interview with Pep Lijnders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The boss basically confirms that Lovren is out of the Bayern game:
    Jurgen Klopp on Dejan Lovren's chances of featuring against Bayern: "I don’t want to rule it out but I cannot really plan with it. From Saturday on, Dejan is back at Melwood and we will see if he gives a sign on Monday. But in the moment... Dejan is not involved."

Won't be a shock to any of us but it's certainly not the update we wanted.

In more positive news, Gini is back in training today having been suffering from sickness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pearce in a Q&A is saying that Liverpool are interested in Werner

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-transfers-live-midfielder-15786741
    @Ayunda_Zi: Is Timo Werner really on Jurgen Klopp’s radar?

He’s certainly on his radar but whether that leads to anything it’s too early to say.

Liverpool will certainly have to bolster their attacking options in the summer.

Sturridge will leave when his contract expires and I wouldn’t be surprised if Origi also moves on in search of more regular action.

Klopp has big hopes for Rhian Brewster but you can’t have a teenage rookie as the only real back-up for Firmino.

One issue Liverpool have got with recruiting an attacker is that the front line of Firmino, Mane and Salah miss so little football. It would have to be someone content with being a squad player. Whether Werner would be happy with that role, I’m not so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fab and Matip cb so and a midfield of Gini Hendo and Milner over Keita I reckon.

Keep it a bit tighter in midfield with them three and offer the defence more protection.

Werner would be a great addition to the squad a striker of his quality for €40m is a no brainier if Edwards and Klopp can convince him to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wonder if he will play Fabinho CM and start Hendo at CB?

Fabinho started CB against Wolves & Brighton. For the Wolves game, Henderson was actually meant to start CB but then had to pull out last minute, so it sounds like he has trained there. Obviously Wolves in the cup & Lewandoski are different kettles of fish.

I would prefer Fabinho to start in CM to be honest, I think he has grown into a real important midfielder lately, probably our 2nd most important after Gini.

ricero wrote: »
    Fab and Matip cb so and a midfield of Gini Hendo and Milner over Keita I reckon.

Keep it a bit tighter in midfield with them three and over the defence more protection.

European nights at our place are so intense the lads get through a mountain of work ,
    Such a shame we cant have two fresh midfielder's to start at old Trafford,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Werner would be a great addition to the squad a striker of his quality for €40m is a no brainier if Edwards and Klopp can convince him to join.

Its more about convincing RB to sell to Liverpool and not to Bayern. Pressure is being put on the lad. Lets hope he can make up his own mind and that the club dont do it for him.

Liverpool can offer more than Bayern in terms of cash and it gets him out of the Bulli so they don't have the inevitable return of the ex striker to defeat them next season. The only thing that may count against is a A playing time and A (subsection 1) getting overlooked by the national team coach.

Liverpool can offer more than Bayern in terms of cash and it gets him out of the Bulli so they don't have the inevitable return of the ex striker to defeat them next season. The only thing that may count against is a A playing time and A (subsection 1) getting overlooked by the national team coach.

Or the problem that RB or better said its owner are building the new stadium for Bayerns Ice Hockey and Basketball teams. Honess and RBs owner are in bed together both in a sports world and private business sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We'd be stronger with an actual 30 goal a season striker playing center of the 3 with Salah and Mane wide with Firmino in a 10 role. All this talk of '' we can't sign a striker because Firmino always has to play'' is crap. Firmino is forever dropping deep, so play him there and get a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Intensity of European nights is a strange thing to try and spin into a negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Or the problem that RB or better said its owner are building the new stadium for Bayerns Ice Hockey and Basketball teams. Honess and RBs owner are in bed together both in a sports world and private business sense.

If the lad doesn't have the assertiveness to make up his own mind, I would not want him part of the club anyway.

On the question of playing time, I could see him getting plenty - we've been blessed to witness the fitness of our front 3 but it's demise is a threat ...rotation of squad when playing 4 competitions is key.

garra wrote: »
    If the lad doesn't have the assertiveness to make up his own mind, I would not want him part of the club anyway.

On the question of playing time, I could see him getting plenty - we've been blessed to witness the fitness of our front 3 but it's demise is a threat ...rotation of squad when playing 4 competitions is key.

As previous moves have shown within the Bundesliga the players wishes are not always important, its money that speaks. Agents, parents, managers and chairmen all have their say or attempt to change a players mind for the good of their own interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I stopped following most of those Liverpool supporters accounts.. They generally just regurgitate tweets from the official LFC account.

The cycle normally goes along the lines of you get followed by supporter account, you then follow them back and then they unfollow you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Absolutely. Keegan was never an amputee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I seriously doubt that we're more flush than Bayern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Are the owners of RB Leipzig not Red Bull? Are Red Bull in the construction business these days too?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well if that's not a 2-0 defeat I'll hat my hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Knex. wrote: »

Never go full lovren..

Just read yesterday's Liverpool accounts.

Confirm how, from 1/6/16 to 31/5/18, buying Mane, Salah, VVD, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Ox was funded by sales of Coutinho, Sakho, Benteke, Ibe, Wisdom, Allen,Stewart, Lucas, Ilori etc

How's the Michael Edwards statue coming along?

https://twitter.com/jnorthcroft/status/1096374936652910593?s=21

Guardian rumour mill has an interesting nonsense story - Suso to NLD for 35m (or maybe 3.5m!)
    What’s more, it even means Mauricio Pochettino might be allowed to sign a new player. Just the one, mind you, we don’t want to go crazy. But still, giddy times for Pochettino, who has settled on rivalling Arsenal for Milan’s Suso. The former Liverpool midfielder is going for £35m. The north London rivals plan to start the bidding at a cool £3.5m.

Excellent Breakdown of LFC financial results going back over the last 15 years or so on RAWK, I'll not lift someone else's hard work so go here

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342162.120

Has anyone seen the kid Brewster play ?
    How good he is, he seems to be very small , any idea what type of player he is ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gafferino wrote: »

I will wait until 1pm next Sunday before i believe that

How good he is, he seems to be very small , any idea what type of player he is ,

He's rubbish and should be loaned to PSG in the summer :p

Brewster is a World Cup winner already and Golden Boot holder to er boot at U17 level - he is a fast sprinter with an eye for an early goal and a late run. You can play him off the flank or through the middle. He is the brightest attacking talent at youth level since Sterling certainly.

I think he was also the first player Klopp spoke about as Liverpool manager without actually naming him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Brewster is 5"10.

Salah & Mane are both shorter.

Salah and Mane are further away.

He's rubbish and should be loaned to PSG in the summer :p

Brewster is a World Cup winner already and Golden Boot holder to er boot at U17 level - he is a fast sprinter with an eye for an early goal and a late run. You can play him off the flank or through the middle. He is the brightest attacking talent at youth level since Sterling certainly.

Do you think he can make it form what you have seen , Does it look like it could transfer to senor level ?

I know he won the world cup and was golden boot winner but I don't take any of that into consideration below are the last 5 golden boot winners at the under 17 world cup (which is every 2 years) Iv never heard of any of them

Valmir Berisha, - Fjolnir
    Victor Osimhen - Charleroi
    Macauley Chrisantus, HJK Helsinki -( fun Fact i scored two aginst them)
    Souleymane Coulibaly, - Partick thistle
    Borja González -Alves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2v-O14cc6k

That'll wet your appetite but it's been an age since he's played and there's no telling how he'll be when he's back. One thing's for sure, he's a very sound lad and fits right in with Klopp's eye for building a team with decent heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Looks like both Martial and Lingard will miss the match - could be a big boost for us, particularly Martial, he's a player that I would have been worried about on the left side of their attack. Lingard seems to have a habit of getting goals in big games too.

Do you think he can make it form what you have seen , Does it look like it could transfer to senor level ?

I know he won the world cup and was golden boot winner but I don't take any of that into consideration below are the last 5 golden boot winners at the under 17 world cup (which is every 2 years) Iv never heard of any of them

Valmir Berisha, - Fjolnir
    Victor Osimhen - Charleroi
    Macauley Chrisantus, HJK Helsinki -( fun Fact i scored two aginst them)
    Souleymane Coulibaly, - Partick thistle
    Borja González -Alves

When did you score against HJK? :eek:

We'll only know when he plays. No doubt he'll be one of the mainstays of this summers money making friendlies and on the face of it there's no reason to think he won't fit in style wise. Keeps it on the floor, quick pass and move, not a target man, not a goal hanger.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement