Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

ebbsy wrote:
    Is there a more underwhelming competition than the FA cup.

Didn't you all celebrate it like it was the greatest competition ever the year you won your league cup,fa cup and uefa cup treble.... Wasn't there claims it was as good as the United treble of 99... And how that Liverpool team would destroy Uniteds 98/99 team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

brinty wrote: »
    Didn't you all celebrate it like it was the greatest competition ever the year you won your league cup,fa cup and uefa cup treble.... Wasn't there claims it was as good as the United treble of 99... And how that Liverpool team would destroy Uniteds 98/99 team

This the most tedious **** in the world. Get a life.

Small time....

Hows our injured players getting on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Didn’t United celebrate the Charity Shield like crazy when they won their treble a few seasons ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

tenor.gif?itemid=7694184

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Herbie Kane is starting on the Cup game for Doncaster v Palace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ERG89 wrote: »
    The fact every year the station/s who have the TV rights try to defend its relevance says it all. Its only important to those who win it but for the love of god unless your a small club don't do an open top bus parade with the trophy :o

2007fa.jpg

Your dead right!!!! So it's only irrelevant since pool last won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

De Ligt linked in the rags today. Likely nothing in it but what a CB partnership that would be. Barca first in line by the sounds of it. Playing beside VVD for club and country might be attractive though.

Selling Lovren is the dream - watched the highlights from the Roma there earlier. Good god, he is such a liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Then every time someone suggests dropping Firmino for Sturridge we’d only have to go back to the last fa cup game to see why it’s not a good idea.

Changing one player vs the whole team. Big difference but your tunnel vision fails to notice that:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

dmigsy wrote: »
    De Ligt linked in the rags today. Likely nothing in it but what a CB partnership that would be. Barca first in line by the sounds of it. Playing beside VVD for club and country might be attractive though.

Selling Lovren is the dream - watched the highlights from the Roma there earlier. Good god, he is such a liability.

De ligt beside vvd would be an awesome defensive two great mix of youth and experience.

• Advertisement

Sturridge is strictly a 3-0 with 20 to go sub player now. I briefly had hope of a revival based on the summer games but clearly he's still as luxury as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

jayo26 wrote: »
    De ligt beside vvd would be an awesome defensive two great mix of youth and experience.

Double dutch for opposing attackers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We did play them and we got knocked out!!

OK then, more than once a season.

I'd like an opportunity to play our fringe players more than once a season.

noodler wrote: »

Well when Liverpool get the kind of handy 3rd round draw that City and Utd get then it may happen! Klopp clearly has no interest in the FA Cup - as far as he is concerned it's a lunacy that the second Cup competition begins in January as the league is at it's most intense. He is not wrong either - if starting from scratch no one would structure the season as it now is.

Well when Liverpool get the kind of handy 3rd round draw that City and Utd get then it may happen! Klopp clearly has no interest in the FA Cup - as far as he is concerned it's a lunacy that the second Cup competition begins in January as the league is at it's most intense. He is not wrong either - if starting from scratch no one would structure the season as it now is.

Most other teams have found a way to cope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

We do, 3rd round of the FA cup and whatever round we start in the Caribou cup.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    We do, 3rd round of the FA cup and whatever round we start in the Caribou cup.

More than once per competition?

God we are awfully pedantic today.

Are fellow Liverpool fans really finding a way to get defensive over somebody feeling the FA Cup is a worthy competition that would have been useful to be still in?

Most other teams have found a way to cope.

League Cup v Chelsea 2-1 defeat, perfectly decent performance narrow defeat.
    FA Cup v Wolves. Weakened defence and protecting the main men while top of the league - perfectly fair tactic. 2-1 defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wouldn’t just be incredible for us to have VVD and MDL together as the centre back partnership, it’d also probably do wonders for the Dutch national team in defence. Having the pair of them play pretty much every game beside each other for club and country would benefit both parties greatly as the two lads would develop an incredible understanding of one another’s game. Anyone who’s watched them play together late last year for Holland has seen how well they already work together.

I don’t see the transfer happening, I think De Ligt goes to one of the few bigger clubs than us, but anyone with a bit of clout in the Dutch FA should be putting words in his ear about Liverpool. It’s very much in their best interests to try and persuade him, even though he’d probably choose Juve or Barca over us if given the option.

• Advertisement

League Cup v Chelsea 2-1 defeat, perfectly decent performance narrow defeat.
    FA Cup v Wolves. Weakened defence and protecting the main men while top of the league - perfectly fair tactic. 2-1 defeat.

We lost alright.

Not sure what the history update is for.

It would be great to still be in the FA cup and have given our fringe players more opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't think it's defensive.The league cup has been a poor competition for decades and the FA Cup largely lost it's appeal with the emergence of the Prem and CL.
    I always think of Fergie's Utd going 1/2 way across the world to play a friendly (World Club) and fielded an under strength FA Cup side as proof this was the case. I didn't blame them at the time. It's even worse now.
    No-one's saying they don't want to win it but let's call a spade a spade, you'd take 3 points over a cup win almost every time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Napoli have supposedly put a €90m price tag on Koulibaly.

That's the signing I'd like to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

The FA cup would be an unwelcome distraction for us at the moment, we need every little advantage we can get over City given their vastly superior resources.

Hopefully they get a half decent team in the next round, City have had very soft draws in all the cup competitions so far

Sturridge is strictly a 3-0 with 20 to go sub player now. I briefly had hope of a revival based on the summer games but clearly he's still as luxury as ever.

Get out of it with that tunnel vision. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I like the FA cup, one of my fondest memories as child watching football is a 3-3 draw with Everton in the final.

Shakes fist at Stewart McCall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Napoli have supposedly put a €90m price tag on Koulibaly.

That's the signing I'd like to see.

Imagine him and big Dijk shoring up the back line?

Christ

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/ar8nra/here_is_why_gini_wijnaldum_has_been_liverpools/

Enjoyed watching this over on Reddit (great site).

Really is the most underrated player in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Turtyturd wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/ar8nra/here_is_why_gini_wijnaldum_has_been_liverpools/

Enjoyed watching this over on Reddit (great site).

Really is the most underrated player in the squad.

Easily my most improved player this year, he's literally undroppable, wouldn't have said that last year at all, he's really upped his game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I like the FA cup, one of my fondest memories as child watching football is a 3-3 draw with Everton in the final.

Your fond memory is wrong as that game finished 3-2 aet.

eigrod wrote: »
    Your fond memory is wrong as that game finished 3-2 aet.

Haha you're right.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Charlie19 wrote: »

It can't be that fond a memory if you didn't even remember the result!

There might be some interesting posting next Sunday when we play Man U.

I wonder what will be seen as the bigger game next weekend.

Chelsea vs Manchester City or Man U vs Liverpool.

5starpool wrote: »
    It can't be that fond a memory if you didn't even remember the result!

For some reason I thought McCall leveled the game at 3-3 and we won the replay.

Dissapointed in that Doncaster didn't give young Kane the number 53 jersey.

FOeXAIf.jpg

C'mon lads you know the score at this stage. Easy to sort this stuff out.

Anyway, moving on. Massive game this week, would love to be going but had something else on :(

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Anyway, moving on. Massive game this week, would love to be going but had something else on :(

It’s going to be a fantastic occassion again. A clean sheet would be huge as I thinkwe can score at least 1 out there. Love big European football ties.

It’s going to be a fantastic occassion again. A clean sheet would be huge as I thinkwe can score at least 1 out there. Love big European football ties.

A win and clean sheet would be lovely if I'm greedy.

Think we'll concede though with no VVD

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    A win and clean sheet would be lovely if I'm greedy.

Think we'll concede though with no VVD

Hopefully Klopp’s knowledge of German football will stand to us. I think the front 3 will click and have an enjoyable night (well, I hope :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hopefully Klopp’s knowledge of German football will stand to us. I think the front 3 will click and have an enjoyable night (well, I hope :) )

Will be looking for Fabinho and Matip to start our attacks from defence hopefully, could do very well getting a few long balls down the flanks for Mane and Salah to run onto. Worked a treat against Roma at Anfield last season, and their defence doesn’t have the pace to cope with us if they play a high line, especially with their ultra-attacking fullbacks. That’s assuming they come to play a bit of football, and I reckon they’ll try.

• Advertisement

It's amazing that I've barely thiguht about Bayern at Anfield in the last 16 with all the baggage the baggage that brings for Klopp.

OT on Sunday has been all I can think about.

That'll change now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Locking the thread, will open again when I'm done cleaning up.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thread open again. Stick to the football please.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Looks like he's gone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tuesday should be fun. Strangely not worried about it. Just dont want any further injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

john why wrote: »
    Looks like he's gone.

Micks thanking again.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thread open again. Stick to the football please.

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Might be safer to dodge this site until at least a fortnight after the Utd game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seriously.

To add: Posts derailing the thread further may be deleted and carded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tenor.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement