Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Alonso77 wrote: »
    wha? we've dropped 13 pts from 78 all season.

Yes, but we have kept a lot of clean sheets in first half of season. Against teams we'd keep it 0-0 score on 20th minute, have the opposite come out more and then hit them for one or two more.

Lately it's a case of score maybe early in second half, then concede , then search in vain for a second. We score freely when teams come out, but if we concede first United will hold out for a win, or a draw if we can't break them down.
    I just think it's vital we don't concede there or it's a case of needing 2 to win, to score two against a team with something to hold is tough. We found that out twice recently.
    Linda loves her clean sheets for a reason, it's a 99.9% chance we win if we keep one, as we always then to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Knex. wrote: »
    It's mad how the absence of VVD makes me go from pretty confident of winning tomorrow to pretty concerned.

Hopefully we can return to the chaotic, high-press football of last year and win the game the old fashioned way. In fact, I think that's half the reason we saw the 4-3-3 with Salah out wide in our last game. In my mind, he looked the best he had all year there too.

+1
    I'm getting too fixated on this, but regardless that it was Bournemouth, we looked so much more comfortable last week and we saw players like Mo and Bobby sparkle like they hadn't for a while. Klopp has said one of the reasons for the 4-2-3-1 was having Fabby in the no.6 and that's looking very unlikely now. Whether it's Hendo/Gini/Millie or Hendo/Gini/Keita I really want to see the 4-3-3. Klopp will have options off the bench and plenty of time to change around if needed, but considering Bayern's leaky defense - 2 against a drop zone team on Sat - let the attack flow and trust in the lanky lads at CB to deal with long balls in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

squad training now - Firmino not with them according to James Pearce :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

eigrod wrote: »
    Virus apparently - FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

eigrod wrote: »

:eek::(

... Sturridge up top..?

No goals since that strike against Chelsea. What could go wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah through up top and Shaq if fit on the wind I'd imagine if Fun Bobby is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jesus the team is getting hammered with this virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Funnily enough, I'd fancy us to progress if we got a 0-0 tomorrow.

Bayern haven't exactly been watertight at home this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the feck are they doing? All players should be tested and then isolated if needed.

• Advertisement

Half of them were stuck in a lift yesterday viruses love a confined space.

Going to the country that funds Man City for their winter break was an awful decision.

*dons conspiracy hat

Well it's been a disaster. All football clubs should as default administer winter flu vaccine as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i would start Origi instead of Sturridge if Firmino is out.

Sturridge can only be used off the bench he can barely move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Well it's been a disaster. All football clubs should as default administer winter flu vaccine as well.

Pretty sure they'd have done that as a matter of course
    Firmino would be a big loss but Mane is way more important, always seems to be the player that can drag you back into a game

Henderson went full Lovren.

If we had to choose, we'd choose both," he replied when asked which competition he would rather win.
    I feel we have a good enough squad to be able to challenge in both competitions as best we can, and hopefully at the end of the season we see we're champions of at least one, if not both.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/henderson-targets-premier-league-and-champions-league-double#HTAKRfZtv8veJXD7.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Half of them were stuck in a lift yesterday viruses love a confined space.

Henderson said at today’s PC that that happened a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Funnily enough, I'd fancy us to progress if we got a 0-0 tomorrow.

Bayern haven't exactly been watertight at home this season.

0-0 tomorrow is long down the list of possible scorelines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Let's hammer the club captain for talking up his team's prospects. Still the worst fans in the world :eek:

garra wrote: »
    Let's hammer the club captain for talking up his team's prospects. Still the worst fans in the world :eek:

If Lovren said the world would end from fans losing their sh1t.

So now saying a player has gone full Lovren is hammering them Jaysus.

If Lovren said the world would end from fans losing their sh1t.

So now saying a player has gone full Lovren is hammering them Jaysus.

Hendo's a big game player, he can walk it like he talks it. Need him on form tomorrow night - I think he will relish the armband for remainder of this year as it seems destined for VVD and rightfully so.

Would be great for him to lift a cup (will take either league or CL) as reward for his captaincy through our most recent "transition" period.

• Advertisement

Hendo's a big game player, he can walk it like he talks it. Need him on form tomorrow night - I think he will relish the armband for remainder of this year as it seems destined for VVD and rightfully so.

Would be great for him to lift a cup (will take either league or CL) as reward for his captaincy through our most recent "transition" period.

Lovren isn't a big game player then?

Wait, which of our players are we supposed to slag off on Mondays?

Who is actually slagging off a player here?

I quoted Henderson saying something Lovren gets slaughtered for when he does it.

You took that as slagging off Henderson I quoted it defending Lovren.

Seems you have the issue thinking every post is about slagging of players.

Mea culpa. How's your Monday going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Utd have a strong team out in the FA cup, almost full strength. Best player on the bench though, so it's important just not as important as Sunday, I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Firmino out? Unfortunate. Rejig the formstion to get shaqiri in or a straight swap for origi/sturridge.virus apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Firmino out? Unfortunate. Rejig the formstion to get shaqiri in or a straight swap for origi/sturridge.

Is shaqiri also a doubt, I don't like to see him starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Is shaqiri also a doubt, I don't like to see him starting.

Further reading suggests he didnt train with the team to stop it spreading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

When I read shíte like this, I really hope the lads give blood sweat and tears to win for the manager tomorrow night :

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-fc-vs-bayern-munich-2019-champions-league-news-borussia-dortmund-a8783751.html

Kante is being wasted at Chelsea I'd love to see us make an off for him in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Matic should be off and out of the weekends game very very lucky not to get a second yellow there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Matic should be off and out of the weekends game very very lucky not to get a second yellow there

Is it not competition specific now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Is it not competition specific now?

Yellows yes , Reds no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm fine with him playing Sunday, don't rate him anymore

If Pogba or Rashford want to throw an auld Fellaini at somebody though I'd take that red please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I imagine Sarri could be long gone by the time Chelsea come to Anfield. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I imagine Sarri could be long gone by the time Chelsea come to Anfield. Unfortunately.

Yeah more than likely playing them on the bounce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Even in their current sh!t state I wouldn’t be confident of getting a result against them.

OGS will be having Alex in the dressing room on Sunday giving the pre match and half time team talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are we on rte or ****e tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Vicxas wrote: »
    Are we on rte or ****e tomorrow?

RTÉ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

RTE do Tuesdays and Virgin Media/TV3 do Wednesday's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like we're better off not turning up next Sunday. Ah well it was a nice run while it lasted.

Saw this on Reddit great site.

Maddock deleted a tweet about Klopp talking about Sancho the coaching staff being interested in him for years but they knew City would never sell him to another English club.

Maddock seems to have deleted it because he himself said BVB do sell to English clubs.
    Jurgen Klopp reveals HUGE #LFC interest in Jadon Sancho, but admits it was impossible to sign him from Man City: "We are not blind – we saw him, we liked him, and we thought 'Can we get him?' No. They don't sell to other English clubs...Dortmund do though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Sure we got solanke from Chelsea and he couldn't get a look in. Same as Wilson, Kent, woodburn etc can't get near the team. As great as buying Sancho would have been, he probably would have been nowhere near the first 11. And he definitely wouldn't have been the player he is now. Best thing fellas like that can do is go off and get a game somewhere and not rot in the reserves of a big English team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Sure we got solanke from Chelsea and he couldn't get a look in. Same as Wilson, Kent, woodburn etc can't get near the team. As great as buying Sancho would have been, he probably would have been nowhere near the first 11. And he definitely wouldn't have been the player he is now. Best thing fellas like that can do is go off and get a game somewhere and not rot in the reserves of a big English team.

Should have got him as part of the sterling deal at the time. Foden looks quality but doubt he will play much either. Hopefully brewster lives up to his hype and goes on to be a star

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Ardent

Saw this on Reddit great site.

Maddock deleted a tweet about Klopp talking about Sancho the coaching staff being interested in him for years but they knew City would never sell him to another English club.

Maddock seems to have deleted it because he himself said BVB do sell to English clubs.

I called it during the Spurs Dortmund game last week, very talented and would suit our system perfectly.

It'll be be like an evening with Gary Lineker.

Nerdlingr wrote: »

If we are looking to sign a player from Germany I’d take Werner over him myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bookies have Man City favourites to win all comps happy days we always knew they were favourites for the league

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement