Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The Match Day Program Cover.

That’s a great graphic. Wish the programmes were still smaller though, they’re too big to carry around these days.

Good news about Firmino. However I could see him as a sub if he’s not been training much to protect him for the weekend. In which case Klopp would be able to play Milner, Hendo, Wijnaldum in midfield with Keita and Mané wide of Salah

Talk is that they worked on some different tactics in Marbella so would be interesting if he throws in a mad change to formation or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

0-0 would be a decent result tonight. Never understood teams thinking 0-0 away from home is a good result. Once we don't concede tonight, I think we're good enough to score over there, especially as a few of the niggling injuries should have cleared up by then and VVD will also be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Would be great if Firmino sharts against Bayern

Might play with the #2 jersey tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Wheety wrote: »
    0-0 would be a decent result tonight. Never understood teams thinking 0-0 away from home is a good result. Once we don't concede tonight, I think we're good enough to score over there, especially as a few of the niggling injuries should have cleared up by then and VVD will also be back.

Cause most big teams back themselves to win at home ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Mane will run the show tonight, he's always the man for the big occasion. Obviously Bayern are a top team and it's going to be a tough test but feeling confident, 4-1 Pool :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Pumped for this game later and think we'll get the win and go through over the two legs.

Bayern's midfield will be used to dominating the ball, we need to win the game here and get them turned around and chasing back, can't stand off them (very unlikely we will) and let them dictate the pace. And with our weakened defence our midfield and strikers need to keep the ball further up the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bobby can do a Gary Lineker :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Wheety wrote: »

Agreed....

I always prefer playing second leg away, particularly when United have kept a clean sheet. I would of been very confident had United gotten at 0-0 against PSG!

With the fast counter attacking qualities of Liverpool I would be happy with a 0-0 at Anfield, if I was a fan!.

I find in second legs that once it gets past maybe 20 mins at 0-0 the pressure mounts exponentially on the home team, particularly when they are playing a team as good or better then them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully the ref for Sunday is a good oman

His last 10 games as a ref in Liverpool games

27/12/16 Liverpool FC V Stoke City 4:1
    15/01/17 Manchester United V Liverpool FC 1:1 / 1 Pen
    27/02/17 Leicester City V Liverpool FC 3:1
    19/03/17 Manchester City V Liverpool FC 1:1 / 1 Pen
    25/11/17 Liverpool FC V Chelsea FC 1:1
    07/04/18 Everton FC V Liverpool FC 0:0
    20/08/18 Crystal Palace V Liverpool FC 0:2 / 1 Pen
    15/09/18 Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool FC 1:2
    20/10/18 Huddersfield Town V Liverpool FC 0:1
    29/12/18 Liverpool FC V Arsenal FC 5:1 / 2 pens

I would take a repeat of any of the last 4, and not a repeat of the Leicester game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It w'ont be 0-0. We d'ont do those scorelines.

It will be a great game either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah I'm expecting goals in both legs and if we are on it I can't see them beating us. Really looking forward to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hopefully the ref for Sunday is a good oman

His last 10 games as a ref in Liverpool games

27/12/16 Liverpool FC V Stoke City 4:1
    15/01/17 Manchester United V Liverpool FC 1:1 / 1 Pen
    27/02/17 Leicester City V Liverpool FC 3:1
    19/03/17 Manchester City V Liverpool FC 1:1 / 1 Pen
    25/11/17 Liverpool FC V Chelsea FC 1:1
    07/04/18 Everton FC V Liverpool FC 0:0
    20/08/18 Crystal Palace V Liverpool FC 0:2 / 1 Pen
    15/09/18 Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool FC 1:2
    20/10/18 Huddersfield Town V Liverpool FC 0:1
    29/12/18 Liverpool FC V Arsenal FC 5:1 / 2 pens

I would take a repeat of any of the last 4, and not a repeat of the Leicester game

If this is the case, as neighbours of the Emirati, I imagine he'll give everything to United.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Team's out....

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi.

No real surprises - looks, hopefully, like the 4-3-3
    Up the Reds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Team's out....

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi.

No real surprises - looks, hopefully, like the 4-3-3
    Up the Reds!

I like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bayern Munich XI vs. Liverpool:

Guessed formation.

Neuer,
    Kimmich, Süle, Hummels, Alaba,
    Martínez, Thiago,
    Gnabry, James, Coman,
    Lewandowski

Subs: Ulreich, Ribery, Rafinha, Davies, Mai, Sanches, Shabani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fabinho and Matip at CB........no other choice really tbf. Not as confident as others are, Bayern still have a very good team and will be a big threat, but so will we. Hope its a good game with a good result for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Not a defender on the bench :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hopefully it's a 4-3-3 rather than a 4-2-3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

No defenders on the bench.

Edit... Beaten to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Auxiallary RB/LB Milner is on the bench , it's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Fab and Matip as CBs. Bobby playing. Hendo, Naby and Gini in middle

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Benzino wrote:
    Not a defender on the bench

But Moreno is on bench . . . .

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    But Moreno is on bench . . . .

That's the joke..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That bench is paper thin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The CB's will need to protected correctly, I'd worry if Coman or Gnarby tuck inside a little more to run at them, using Alaba and Kimmich to occupy TAA and Robertson, if this happens Mane, Salah and the midfield need to switched on to it and get in the correct position.

Win the midfield battle and possession and I'd expect us to score at least one as Bayern have struggled to keep clean sheets all year. No Goretzka is a positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Benzino wrote: »
    Not a defender on the bench :eek:
    amber69 wrote: »
    No defenders on the bench.

Edit... Beaten to it

Moreno says hell........oh forget it!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Would love to see Keita turn a corner and put in a big performance tonight.

Hopefully Robertson can go the 90 minutes without getting booked, would fear for us going to Munich without him

Feeling confident all in though, gonna go for 3-1 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Odd feeling going into this one. Oddly relaxed, it’s not like last season where this regime had yet to prove itself at this level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Looking forward to this game.

Our strongest team not possible but I think this may not be the best Munich side ever so I'd fancy our chances which shows how far we've come on in recent seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

george hamilton appears to be having a stroke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Must admit I am not as confident as many here. Will be very happy if we go to Munich with a 0-0 or a 1-0. Dont expect much more if I am honest....Bayern could suprise us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Fabinho and Matip at CB........no other choice really tbf. Not as confident as others are, Bayern still have a very good team and will be a big threat, but so will we. Hope its a good game with a good result for us.

Good attitude imo

I'm feeling confident. Going with 4-1.

I expect a big performance from Keïta tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Must admit I am not as confident as many here. Will be very happy if we go to Munich with a 0-0 or a 1-0. Dont expect much more if I am honest....Bayern could suprise us.

I'm not here long but going by most of your posts I've seen since I got here, your pessimism this evening is not unexpected :D.

Everyone should try and enjoy us being in the mix for the big trophies, it doesn't happen often and its surely the whole aim of being a fan, enjoyment not torture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm not quite as bullish as Brady and co. but I expect a win by 2.

Milner a bit unlucky to miss out. Have high hopes for Trent as well tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

superg wrote: »
    I'm not here long but going by most of your posts I've seen since I got here, your pessimism this evening is not unexpected :D.

Everyone should try and enjoy us being in the mix for the big trophies, it doesn't happen often and its surely the whole aim of being a fan, enjoyment not torture!

I hate seeing the team get beat. Tend to tell myself they will blow it so a loss aint so bad.

But tonight my biggest fear is our 2 center backs and them up against Lewa....also have a feeling the midfield is more or less matched. All depends on if the front 3 show up and hit them for 3-4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Klopp staring down the opposition warm-up never gets old

The guessing game with Firmino was a nice something for Bayern to think about, they wont be happy to see Salah, Firmino, Mane on the teamsheet.

Defence frailties aside, this is European game at Anfield. The atmosphere will be incredible and we will be at them from the go! Exciting.

Glad to see Wijnaldum back too, he's been amazing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Need Liverpool’s big game midfielder players to turn up tonight and dominate Munich’s midfield and not let that defence get over run to have any chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rude Berries is not playing, that's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's not that I'm particularly confident, I'm just not as worried as I would be if this were basically any Premier League game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

ballyargus wrote: »
    george hamilton appears to be having a stroke

I’d rather watch a spluttering stream than watch rte coverage of a Liverpool match

Watching on RTE the nose shadow makes Richie look like he has a.. Ahem a German mustache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Odd feeling going into this one. Oddly relaxed, it’s not like last season where this regime had yet to prove itself at this level.

Because winning the premiership is far more important, this is a bonus.

Just turned on RTE, was making food. What the hell have they filled nearly an hour with so far? Think it's too early to start their coverage. 7:30 would be fine.

Was it Setanta who started just before kick off? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

amber69 wrote:
    Watching on RTE the nose shadow makes Richie look like he has a.. Ahem a German mustache.

The less said about how he pronounces Rummenigge the better

amber69 wrote: »

Austrian ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We have a CB pairing who have never played together before, they have Lemon Dot Ski, a player that has 25 goals in 30 appearances this season.
    We need to play tight, keep a clean sheet.

Fans in full voice there. Hope they can keep it up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement