Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Why doesn't Keita install a chrome extension for google translate? No excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He probably spent months learning English and then arrived in Liverpool and wondered why he couldn't understand anyone.

Kieta has been average enough so far but in fairness to him he needs a run of games.

The same was said of Fabinho not so long ago and he looks a top player now.

Be patient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

In fairness, Keita has been a disappointment so far, i'm not sure it's that big a deal to say so. Injuries leading to a lack of a proper run of games hasn't helped, maybe he'll need a full season anyway. But i'm sure we all expected him to be better. I don't have many major worries for him long term, i seen a fair bit of him in Germany to rate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dcully wrote: »
    Is that Sky one or is there an actual sky ireland channel?

It'll be on Sky Sports PL (Sky channel 402). Like all those Saturday 3pm live games, it'll show the match in Ireland only. In Britain at the same time, i think they show some sort of fan based chat show or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

City have a pretty strong team out tonight - have the hope the competing on 4 fronts becomes an issue later in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

City have a pretty strong team out tonight - have the hope the competing on 4 fronts becomes an issue later in the season.

With City's squad depth it's very hard for them to play anything but a strong team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Pep is going for the quadruple. Beat United's treble and place him higher than Fergie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Can't see Burton turning this one round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Why doesn't Keita install a chrome extension for google translate? No excuse

Could use that on here at times.

At least we know what the next Keita issue will be once the performances become consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Pep is going for the quadruple. Beat United's treble and place him higher than Fergie!

Quintuple, already has the Charity shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Quintuple, already has the Charity shield.

They'll be holding up 5 fingers next year! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

They will like fúck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool did it 1st in 2001 ;) only team to do two trebles :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I remember Ged Houllier getting some stick for insisting that Liverpool won five trophies that season. A bit like insisting your three bed house is five cos the garage and shed happen to be built onto either side.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Could use that on here at times.

At least we know what the next Keita issue will be once the performances become consistent.

I reckon Keita is using internet explorer, the touch website and has only 10 posts per page.
    It would explain a lot.
    Or nothing.

Do you think I'd get a card for calling Naby Keita, Baby Keith?

49608210_2284314271581416_3563167652593532928_n.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=dcb41777a33d9556f689903dc035a560&oe=5CB84893

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

robwen wrote: »

I really hate that that bs penalty is the only thing that stopped a CB trio of Wijnaldum, Lovren, and Can from keeping a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Brighton have excellent home form. They've only lost two games from ten this season - narrow defeats to Spurs and Chelsea. This isn't a gimme but it's a must-win game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Yea I expect a tough game on Saturday. We need to be calm and patient I feel and stamp out authority on the game very early.

Brighton were very well drilled when they played us at Anfield earlier on this season I felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

ricero wrote: »
    Yea I expect a tough game on Saturday. We need to be calm and patient I feel and stamp out authority on the game very early.

Brighton were very well drilled when they played us at Anfield earlier on this season I felt.

There are no easy games in the Premier league. Every game will have to be taken seriously. A bad ref decision or a bad mistake by a player is the margin that alot of these games are won by. A cleansheet and a goal win is the best way forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I’ll give you a good laugh lads.

Sky Sports News presenter Tom White was on a Sunderland podcast yesterday and said that a few years ago Sunderland had a deal agreed with Van Dijk. Everything was sorted and virtually ready to be unveiled, but Ellis Short at the last second changed his mind and refused to release the funds, causing the deal to be cancelled. :pac:

He certainly had a lucky escape anyway!

Good article from the BBC how just how unlucky Liverpool are for only have a 4 point lead

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46816407

I really hate that that bs penalty is the only thing that stopped a CB trio of Wijnaldum, Lovren, and Can from keeping a clean sheet.

Compare the reaction to the pens Liverpool have gotten recently to the reaction of the pen, :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Good article from the BBC how just how unlucky Liverpool are for only have a 4 point lead

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46816407

Not unlucky more a symptom of the gulf between the top 6 teams and the rest, the gulf has never been bigger imho

In any case Liverpool still in a really strong position. If we could go on another winning streak for the next 5-6 games even better. No reason why we can't with the fixtures coming up. Sure they will be tough games but if you want to win the league this is what you have to do, big game on Saturday for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not unlucky more a symptom of the gulf between the top 6 teams and the rest, the gulf has never been bigger imho

In any case Liverpool still in a really strong position. If we could go on another winning streak for the next 5-6 games even better. No reason why we can't with the fixtures coming up. Sure they will be tough games but if you want to win the league this is what you have to do, big game on Saturday for sure

I know because we are ahead its technically in our hands but I think our season depends on other's , If the rest of the big 6 can take points of City we will win it, if not we won't

I thought before the first home game v City we'd need to take more points of them then they did off us to win it, So I'm hoping the 3 points last week does not cost us ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stolen from Reddit great site (tm)

NpzoCl6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Well in fairness to mig ,cracker of a save to start off the move for the 3rd goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

How many girlfriends did you have, going to school. Just one at a time :-)

Robbo is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

There are no easy games in the Premier league. Every game will have to be taken seriously. A bad ref decision or a bad mistake by a player is the margin that alot of these games are won by. A cleansheet and a goal win is the best way forward.

There are plenty of easy games in the epl, but at the moment Brighton away isn't one of them. They are well drilled, physical, and several of the lads who signed last summer are now settling and are improving the side, they are no longer relying on the championship players that got them up. Given our injuries at the back and the timing, it's far from a gimme. I'd take a 1-0 win in a heartbeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

https://www.football365.com/news/barca-could-sell-coutinho-to-fund-neymar-amid-man-utd-links
    Barcelona are willing to sacrifice Philippe Coutinho to fund a return for Neymar, according to reports.

The Brazil international is only a year into his contract at the Camp Nou following his £142million move from Liverpool last January.

However, he has so far failed to justify the heavy price tag and Ernesto Valverde hasn’t started him in a La Liga match since December 2.

The ex-Liverpool playmaker was viewed as a replacement for Neymar on the left with the potential to fill Andres Iniesta’s shoes but he has struggled to make those roles his own.

Coutinho only played seven minutes in Barcelona‘s narrow 2-1 win over Getafe on Sunday and Manchester United are reportedly ‘in talks’ over a potential move which would cost in excess of £100million.

Poor fella, seems like the dream move is fast becoming a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Vicxas wrote: »
    https://www.football365.com/news/barca-could-sell-coutinho-to-fund-neymar-amid-man-utd-links

Poor fella, seems like the dream move is fast becoming a nightmare.

I haven't much sympathy if I'm honest, the back fakery, fat Coutinho going to the press, the transfer request the day before the season started and a few other things make me not care a jot about Phil, fantastic player on his day but a weapon to pull what he did on us....

Can't see him going to United either for some reason... :D

New Melwood training video :

https://streamable.com/g1gsm

10 games ago Dembele was the player getting kicked out of Barca to fund a round of transfers give it another 10 games and it will be him again.

Coutinho isn't going to be sold unless Barca can make a profit on him.

I called it! I called I did, but just the wrong player :pac: To PSG with a suitcase of cash for Mbappe I thought. While Barca paid a stupid amount for Coutinho it always felt like he was a place-holder for a PSG player - just didn't expect it to be Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I called it! I called I did, but just the wrong player :pac: To PSG with a suitcase of cash for Mbappe I thought. While Barca paid a stupid amount for Coutinho it always felt like he was a place-holder for a PSG player - just didn't expect it to be Neymar.

Surely they would want to have kept Coutinho and Neymar together anyway, happiness all around the Barca camp... :D

No "great sadness" etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Football365 is as bad as the Daily Mall ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

GBX wrote: »
    Football365 is as bad as the Daily Mall ffs

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no sympathy for Coutinho at all.

he was seduced by the 'cocaine for South Americans' that is Barcelona, and it's not quite happened yet. if he'd had any foresight, he'd have stayed, or at least not agitated for the move and had a mopey face on him making it obvious he wanted out (though he did continue to play well until the end).

all being said, i'd happily take him back. Shaq, though i love him, isn't on his level.

Grayditch wrote: »
    No.

So there not full of sensationalist bs stories. Fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

GBX wrote: »
    So there not full of sensationalist bs stories. Fair enough

Their current top story is calling out the Daily Mail for bullying Sterling in a story about John Stones leaving his partner, so, no. It's not as bad as the Daily Mail.

That story aside, they like other tabloid outlets spout sh1te and rumour :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

SlickRic wrote: »
    no sympathy for Coutinho at all.

he was seduced by the 'cocaine for South Americans' that is Barcelona, and it's not quite happened yet. if he'd had any foresight, he'd have stayed, or at least not agitated for the move and had a mopey face on him making it obvious he wanted out (though he did continue to play well until the end).

all being said, i'd happily take him back. Shaq, though i love him, isn't on his level.

I'd take him back but not near for what we sold him for. We did quite nicely there.

Luis on the other hand.....as far as I'm concerned the ***** still owe us money there. :pac:

• Advertisement

Just thinking getting £19m for Solanke we really did let a proven premier league striker in Ings go on the cheap at £20m.

Ahh someone fell for Razor Ruddock bait over the fence something that has been known since 2010 but they only got outraged last Hallowe'en

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just thinking getting £19m for Solanke we really did let a proven premier league striker in Ings go on the cheap at £20m.

Ings was and is not a proven PL sriker

Solanke was overpriced, Ings was correctly priced insofar as there's any way to measure the madness now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Ings was and is not a proven PL sriker

A goal every 3 games proves he is. His rate is slightly less than Giroud, much better than Arnautovic and way better than Longs.

All three of those are proven PL strikers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement