Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

TitianGerm wrote:
    Ah jayus your back. Hadn't seen you since the Mahrez debate!!

Welcome back gstack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have brinty and Fred The Red always been here dutch ruddering each other's accounts, or is this a new trend? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Knex. wrote: »
    Have brinty and Fred The Red always been here dutch ruddering each other's accounts, or is this a new trend? :pac:

There's one I wish I hadn't googled in work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All this talk by the so called experts in media that Bayern will play gung-ho football in the second leg and play right into Liverpool's hands is such crap.
    I think they will play exact same way, will be a frustrating long drawn out game where they'll try to win it without exposing themselves to much.
    Ideally we fight fire with fire and go there to frustrate them, give no space away and waste time and fake fouls to eat time. This tie is chess football, and we can't be naive or we'll be going out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm a big fan of Alisson. Watched him and Kelleher in the warm up the other night and both of their passing out to the wings was spot on everytime, as opposed to Mignolet who was decent but not as precise.

Ederson for me is the best in the league at distribution but Alisson is right up there. I'm happy that he has the confidence to back himself and doesn't seem to let mistakes phase him. Neuer looked shakier than him in possession the other night I thought.

And on Kelleher, I'm really interested to see how he does next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Do away goals count after extra time in CL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Gbear wrote: »
    Do away goals count after extra time in CL?

After 90 mins

Damn Match thread for sunday is already a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I thinks it's just a matter of time before another calamitous howler from Alisson, he's getting away with so much shaky play but will eventually be caught, he's meant to be confident with the ball at his feet but he looks to have the jitters as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

For a keeper who’s “ very good with the ball at his feet “ he’s not very good with the ball at his feet😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Neuer was iffy with the ball at his feet too. The problem the other night for Alisson was that Fabinho and Matip weren't making themselves available for short passes after he had been placed under pressure. It was Henderson who spotted that and fixed it by running back into space for Alisson to have an option.

No touchline ban for Klopp, just £45k lighter in the back account

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47323892

No touchline ban for Klopp, just £45k lighter in the back account

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47323892

Oh, a lot of easily offended will be offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

That's some wedge of a fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's some wedge of a fine

Yeah he needs to adopt the Mourinho way. Simply say he can't talk about the referee today or he'll get fined and scowl into the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

For a keeper who’s “ very good with the ball at his feet “ he’s not very good with the ball at his feet😂

Ah he is in fairness but he does take chances.

• Advertisement

Utd have warned Liverpool fans against persistent standing on Sunday. Afraid of it being too noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Allison could have aswell. His distribution was woeful at times

To be fair, Allison was given the ball on numerous times when all it would achieve is put him under pressure. Bayern pressurised the 2 CBs, especially Matip, who gave the ball to Allison as an easy out, rather than try and use it themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tom Werner is producing a comedy series for BBC 2 about the miss adventures of the 3 young premier league footballers from a fictional football club.

With his record of producing top comedy shows in the states this might be worth a look at when it hits the Telly box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Utd have warned Liverpool fans against persistent standing on Sunday. Afraid of it being too noisy.

Greater Manchester Police, not United in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

8-10 wrote: »
    Greater Manchester Police, not United in fairness

Who do they support? Do they give every clubs away fans the same warning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Who do they support? Do they give every clubs away fans the same warning?

Well they are based in Manchester so probably City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

akelly02 wrote: »
    United fan here, just interested to know what liverpool fans make of Allison making increasingly more mistakes with the ball at his feet?

has barely got away with it about 5 times now and will surely let in another one soon.

Come in to stir it have you?
    It's OK though...... We won't be falling for that one.
    We have the 2 best centre halves in the league :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Isn't replying to it.... kind of falling for it.;)

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Isn't replying to it.... kind of falling for it.;)

Isn't calling our keeper one of the 2 best centre halves in the league............ Kinda sticking it to him?

RoboKlopp wrote:
    Oh, a lot of easily offended will be offended.

Who would be offended? Everyone knew he'd get off with a fine and expected nothing more to be handed out to Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Maybe.... but I prefer to just ignore these wind up visitors.

Each to their own I guess.

Charlie19 wrote:
    Maybe.... but I prefer to just ignore these wind up visitors.

Not trying to be funny but if you're replying to them that's not ignoring them.

brinty wrote: »
    Not trying to be funny but if you're replying to them that's not ignoring them.

In fairness he was replying to me (a Liverpool fan) and bit one of the visitors. (I did that!)

As expected ;)

Chelsea hit with a 2 year transfer ban. Can only sell players.

Imagine it will be appealed.

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1098880630132277248?s=21

• Advertisement

gafferino wrote: »
    I will wait until 1pm next Sunday before i believe that
    Surprise surprise lingard and martial now expected to be fit for our game
    As I said I would only believe that news of them being injured for the Liverpool game when the team sheet is announced.

Also with Man City winning on Saturday that will move the Manchester derby to a postponed game later in the season. Meaning the game in hand will switch on Paddys weekend. Hopefully Liverpool can take full advantage of that.

Are we surprised ?

Lingard update
    Man Utd v Liverpool (Sun, 14:05)

Manchester United

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hopes to have midfielder Jesse Lingard back for Manchester United's Premier League game against Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Lingard was injured in the Champions League defeat by PSG and was expected to be out for two to three weeks, but Solskjaer may have the England international available for the weekend.

It is also possible Anthony Martial, who was also injured against PSG, could face Jurgen Klopp's side but Solskjaer feels he is less likely to have the Frenchman available than Lingard.

He said: "Jesse is looking OK. I hope with Anthony."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/man-utd-news-liverpool-solskjaer-ferguson-team-talk-a8791376.html

I was wondering why oul whiskey nose was in the tunnel with them and Ole at half time of the Chelsea match...

Their resurgence is making a bit more sense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/man-utd-news-liverpool-solskjaer-ferguson-team-talk-a8791376.html

I was wondering why oul whiskey nose was in the tunnel with them and Ole at half time of the Chelsea match...

Their resurgence is making a bit more sense...

Should just bring him back at this stage....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Imagine it will be appealed.

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1098880630132277248?s=21

Wow that's harsh. It's two windows which I guess is next Summer and Winter. It would be particularly tough for Chelsea who need to rebuild again when they sack their next manager. At least Eden has been given an escape pod.

rl]

Read it again. It's only 1 year, it says 2 windows. So that be summer and January, so they will be allowed deal in summer 2020. Still a fair aul smack in the jaws for them

Listening to the Totally football show and they like others still think Liverpool have been playing high pressing games all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Listening to the Totally football show and they like others still think Liverpool have been playing high pressing games all season

At times they have but not as frequently as last season or the one before,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Seve OB wrote: »
    Come in to stir it have you?
    It's OK though...... We won't be falling for that one.
    We have the 2 best centre halves in the league :D

wasnt stirring anything, i just have been watching him with interest since he has been declared a world class keeper, and with calamaties like that on the regular, a world class keeper he is not.

wasnt stirring anything, i just have been watching him with interest since he has been declared a world class keeper, and with calamaties like that on the regular, a world class keeper he is not.

Honest question so because of his passing he is not World class ?
    Would you consider De Gea world class ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Honest question so because of his passing he is not World class ?
    Would you consider De Gea world class ?

its not his passing, its his bollox acting when the ball is at his feet, hesitating and then nearly losing the ball by being closed down.

and i would consider de gea world class, as would any football fan .

its not his passing, its his bollox acting when the ball is at his feet, hesitating and then nearly losing the ball by being closed down.

He is instructed not the lash the ball long and has the confidence to hold onto it , If the player don't make an angle for him it gets a bit sticky but he normal gets away with it,

Don't forget its the first time this liveprool team have played with a keeper who can pass so they to are getting used to making themselves available and getting in correct positions to receive the ball ,

His passing accuracy is 79% compared to De Gea 59 % ,
    So De Gea gives the ball back to the opposition 20% more often than Becker that a huge difference ,possibly why he has let in 20 more goals in the Prem , Again it doesn't help De Gea how United where set up under Jose ,

Its no surprise Ederson has the best passing accuracy but that has a lot to do with how City play and how good they are at constantly giving Ederson a free option,

They have mastered making space for him to pass into weather its a short pass to his full back or down the centre of the park or to a winger, there movement always creates a free man in space ,

Basically at this level Keepers aren't just deciding what to do on the fly , 90% of the time its all planned out in training and there instructed how to ball when they receive the ball ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

He's more likely to risk being closed down by an opponent than probably any other keeper due to his desire not just to thump the ball aimlessly long or out of play - this makes him a target to the opposition but only once (Leicester) have they benefited. Yes, Becker's gotten lucky a couple of times but it's a higher risk strategy which has its benefits. He's more likely to set off an attack by retaining possession - he makes more passes on average than other keepers (including De Gea).

https://www.premierleague.com/players/20559/Alisson/stats

He also has the best save percentage in Europe:
    https://talksport.com/football/471553/alisson-becker-stats-liverpool-has-the-best-save-success-rate-top-five-european-leagues/

You may not agree he's the best keeper around, but I don't think it can be denied that he's in the 'world class' bracket.

Carded for referring to someone as what my previous post stated, and yet they didn't delete it...

Think I'm going to be removing myself for the soccer forum in future, the over zealous moderation is ridiculous

I called lampard what his nickname was at Chelsea and got a card for that previous, yet not one slur in either post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Carded for referring to someone as what my previous post stated, and yet they didn't delete it...

Think I'm going to be removing myself for the soccer forum in future, the over zealous moderation is ridiculous

I called lampard what his nickname was at Chelsea and got a card for that previous, yet not one slur in either post...

Only 2 cards lad ?

I got 8 yellows and assorted reds in 2018 :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

ebbsy wrote: »
    Only 2 cards lad ?

Ebbsy Ramos!

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Ebbsy Ramos!

Taken from Reddit (great site)

eokf6wjvjeh21.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

ebbsy wrote: »
    Only 2 cards lad ?

The Ramos of Boards.ie Soccer forum.

/too slow I am.

Fieldog wrote:

It's specifically stated in the charter not to refer to Ferguson as you did

You can't really have any complaints

brinty wrote: »
    It's specifically stated in the charter not to refer to Ferguson as you did

You can't really have any complaints

Found who reported the post anyway... :)

Found who reported the post anyway... :)

Pretty sure its the only reason they are here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement