Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

In fairness, mods have managed to remove the main reason I'd stopped looking at this thread for the last two weeks. Embarrassing stuff by that poster and his all thanking henchmen. So, kudos for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The amount of henchmen on this thread lately is enough to stop any Liverpool fans posting, they must be spending more time lurking here than working as any post they like is thanked immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fieldog wrote: »
    Carded for referring to someone as what my previous post stated, and yet they didn't delete it...

Think I'm going to be removing myself for the soccer forum in future, the over zealous moderation is ridiculous

I called lampard what his nickname was at Chelsea and got a card for that previous, yet not one slur in either post...

I got one recently for referring to Big Sam as his other nickname,
    which I thought was harsh ads I didn't mean offence,
    So now I call him Sam who looks like he may be over his BMI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Carded for referring to someone as what my previous post stated,

I..
    I got carded for that same name a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Knex. wrote: »
    Pretty sure its the only reason they are here.

On a 'crusade' to get folks banned after one of their buddies got demodded and another got called some mean names.

They're still worked-up about it all.

#NotEmotional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

In other news Chelsea have themselves a 2 window transfer ban. That could be disastrous for them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One positive about the weekend, we should have a back 4 made up of defenders playing in their preferred positions.
    It's been a while.

I wonder if we will play with Henderson and Fab and Shaq in between them and the front 3.
    T'would be very hard to leave Gini out of the starting 11 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

I think Kieta will drop out for vvd from midweek.

Really looking forward to this one. What a challenge. Would be so satisfying to get three points there.

Would be massive in terms of momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I wonder if we will play with Henderson and Fab and Shaq in between them and the front 3.
    T'would be very hard to leave Gini out of the starting 11 though.

Can't see Shaq starting the match.

The fact Milner didn't start on Tuesday could mean a start for him. Gini had knee strapped and is coming back from some virus, so might miss out.

My best guess is Fab, Hend and Milner to start.

Nice to have a bit of choice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMbV_bLyWC4

Today's pre-Utd game presser - starts at 13:30min - they finally got a mic for the reporters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Vicxas wrote: »
    In other news Chelsea have themselves a 2 window transfer ban. That could be disastrous for them.

Can you still get loans and free transfers or is it a complete ban?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Keita playing and carrying the ball forward at them.

Too many options :eek:

Too many options :eek:

It'll be even worse when Ox is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bowlardo wrote: »

Looks like total ban. They can still release players but looks like the mens first team can't bring anyone in. Womens and futsal are not affected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

No sign of lovren still, pretty amazing just how bad his injury record is and how long he takes to recover. Think a big decision is needed to be made on him this summer.

Looks like total ban. They can still release players but looks like the mens first team can't bring anyone in. Womens and futsal are not affected

It could work in their favour in that I thought hazard had one foot out the door, hard to force a transfer in that situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bowlardo wrote: »

Complete ban from signing players. But, they are going to appeal it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and, as far as I recall, when Barca and Atletico did the same, the bans were postponed while the ban was reviewed by the Court.

Would fully expect that to happen here where Chelsea will sign in the summer and then be banned in 2020 for the two windows.

Will be interesting if they don't manage to sign in the summer though given the issues in the squad. Hazard potentially gone, Willian and Pedro performing relatively poorly this season, Alonso's form out the window and some ageing players in many positions. Would imagine it would mean that Higuain couldn't be secured permanently, so they'd be short up top too, and if Hudson-Odoi still insists on leaving, who is left to play with Pulisic?! They might have to dip into that extensive loan army but there's not too many names you'd be picking out to put into the first team - Batshuayi and Zouma the exceptions perhaps?

Anyway, apologies or streaming off topic - back to the build up for Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

How does that work for Pulisc from Dortmund...wasn’t he due to join in summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

daheff wrote: »
    How does that work for Pulisc from Dortmund...wasn’t he due to join in summer?

No, he joined in January and was loaned back to Dortmund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I'd get it if I called him a "curse word" :D

For what I said though it's a bit much..

What is a red? Proper ban?

Got a 3 month ban the night of the champions league final. Had been out on the sauce all day and got emotional (probably over Karius and Ramos).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The amount of henchmen on this thread lately is enough to stop any Liverpool fans posting, they must be spending more time lurking here than working as any post they like is thanked immediately.

That is what they want along with getting Liverpool posters carded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That is what they want along with getting Liverpool posters carded.

It's a strange way for an adult to pass their time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lovren out still no fully fit.

So Matip and VVD.

Hopefully that means Fab in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Poor craters. Their souls are just empty husks of half-chewed ambitions and forgotten promises.

And on happier topics, I hope the team come flying out of the blocks on Sunday. PSG have shaken the belief a little... it's up to the lads now to grab what is left of the "Ole bounce" and wring it out on oul trafford turf, I want to see his little nose twitch as he watches a proper manager in action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

garra wrote: »
    Poor craters. Their souls are just empty husks of half-chewed ambitions and forgotten promises.

And on happier topics, I hope the team come flying out of the blocks on Sunday. PSG have shaken the belief a little... it's up to the lads now to grab what is left of the "Ole bounce" and wring it out on oul trafford turf, I want to see his little nose twitch as he watches a proper manager in action.

That ‘proper manager’ has won the same league titles & domestic cups as the ‘not proper manager’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

His passing accuracy is 79% compared to De Gea 59 % ,
    So De Gea gives the ball back to the opposition 20% more often than Becker that a huge difference ,possibly why he has let in 20 more goals in the Prem

actually thats more like 25%

You might be giving them too much credit there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Some on this side arent much better:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Making multiple accounts is strange too & changing usernames is strange too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

klose wrote: »
    No sign of lovren still, pretty amazing just how bad his injury record is and how long he takes to recover. Think a big decision is needed to be made on him this summer.

he'll probably tell you it is the best injury in the world.....ever :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

MD1990 wrote: »
    Making multiple accounts is strange too & changing usernames is strange too.

You're just taking the Mick now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

gstack166 wrote: »
    That ‘proper manager’ has won the same league titles & domestic cups as the ‘not proper manager’

Should be given the job full time so... I wonder why he accepted a temporary posting with such an illustrious career in Norwegian football mgmt?

The constant back and forth about Man Utd posters is fcuking painful to have to keep scrolling past.

You're just taking the Mick now.

Fred The Red is better. It is after a mascot so suits his childish style of posting.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1098960750347980801

City v Cardiff City
    Saturday 6 April
    12.30 UK*

Palace v City
    Sunday 14 April
    14:05 UK**

City v Spurs
    Saturday 20 April
    12.30 UK

April 24th:
    Man Utd vs Man City (7:45pm KO)

Burnley v City
    Sunday 28 April

Tough set if fixtures for Man City there.

Especially if they are still in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1098960750347980801

City v Cardiff City
    Saturday 6 April
    12.30 UK*

Palace v City
    Sunday 14 April

City v Spurs
    Saturday 20 April
    12.30 UK

April 24th:
    Man Utd vs Man City (7:45pm KO)

Burnley v City
    Sunday 28 April

Tough set if fixtures for Man City there.

Especially if they are still in the CL.

Updated fixtures

Date Liverpool Man City
    24th Feb Man Utd (a) Chelsea EFL Cup Final
    27th Feb Watford West Ham
    2nd Mar Bournemouth (a)
    3rd Mar Everton (a)
    9th Mar Watford
    10th Mar Burnley
    12th Mar Shalke 04 (GER)
    13th Mar Bayern München (GER) (a)
    16th Mar Swansea (a)
    17th Mar Fulham (a)
    30th Mar Fulham (a)
    31st Mar Spurs
    5th Apr Southampton (a)
    6th Apr Cardiff/FA Cup Semi Final
    9th Apr UCL QF 1st Leg UCL QF 1st Leg
    14th Apr Chelsea Palace (a)
    16th Apr UCL QF 2nd Leg UCL QF 2nd Leg
    20th Apr Spurs
    21st Apr Cardiff (a)
    24th Apr Man Utd (a)
    26th Apr Huddersfield
    28th Apr Burnley (a)
    30th Apr UCL SF 1st Leg UCL SF 1st Leg
    4th May Newcastle (a) Leicester
    7th May UCL SF 2nd Leg UCL SF 2nd Leg
    12th May Wolves Brighton (a)
    18th May FA CUP Final
    1st June UCL Final UCL Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Would actually love to see Keita through the middle on the weekend, thought he played real well against Bayern, with Fabinho and Hendo.

If Van Dyke is back I'd have no issue with Matip beside him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Citys run in is easier but indeed a tough April, trouble is we have some tough fixtures before then and if we play the way we are playing, we could be at least 4 points behind. However, if we turn up and do utd on Sunday - it will be huge, Everton away will be so tough though! W eneed to keep the pressure on City, for sure i think they are grinding out results but at a cost, it will catch up!

Citys run in is easier but indeed a tough April, trouble is we have some tough fixtures before then and if we play the way we are playing, we could be at least 4 points behind. However, if we turn up and do utd on Sunday - it will be huge, Everton away will be so tough though!

There is more that 99% change that Cardiff game for Man City will be postponed so they are going to have to play at one point 4 games in a week, if they are in a deep run in the Champions League

Citys run in is easier but indeed a tough April, trouble is we have some tough fixtures before then and if we play the way we are playing, we could be at least 4 points behind. However, if we turn up and do utd on Sunday - it will be huge, Everton away will be so tough though!
    Just read somewhere that with the fixture changes we have 2 Friday night games. If they are league games, they are a huge advantage if things stay like for like. If we win the Friday games, it's pressure on City (and Spurs) to win their weekend games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can't see Keita starting this weekend.

Gini is the guaranteed, I would think. So beside him two from Fabinho, Henderson and Milner.

Would like it to be Fabinho and Milner, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lovren out still no fully fit.

So Matip and VVD.

Hopefully that means Fab in midfield.

https://twitter.com/ciarancrn/status/1097960726843535361?s=20

Just read somewhere that with the fixture changes we have 2 Friday night games. If they are league games, they are a huge advantage if things stay like for like. If we win the Friday games, it's pressure on City (and Spurs) to win their weekend games.

Yes but in every other situation Man City will be playing 1st so there for plying the pressure on Liverpool, however from March 17th to April 24th Liverpool will have played a game extra or maybe 2 if Man City beat Swansea

Hopefully Chelsea get through against Kiev in the EL.

The Quarter Final legs are before & after our game an April 13th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Just a heads up lads. I was talking to Fieldog a few minutes ago, he got hit with the ban hammer for two weeks.
    Terrible timing with such a big game coming up.
    He'll be with you in spirit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Just a heads up lads. I was talking to Fieldog a few minutes ago, he got hit with the ban hammer for two weeks.
    Terrible timing with such a big game coming up.
    He'll be with you in spirit!

I know the feeling :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Always try to time that second yellow card - like Sergio Ramos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Sounds like we need to get Fieldog a surrogate for the match thread.

4lW0.gif

If we take 12 points from the next 4 matches,I'd quite happily (well, maybe not happily) see us going out against Bayern.

We'd have a minimum 5 days between each remaining match and potentially 7 less matches to play than City - could be crucial on the run-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Always try to time that second yellow card - like Sergio Ramos.

Whatever happened with that? Are they going after him after he admitted to doing it on purpose on tv but then recanted?
    Ramos shouldn't really bother me but he does.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement