Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just a heads up lads. I was talking to Fieldog a few minutes ago, he got hit with the ban hammer for two weeks.
    Terrible timing with such a big game coming up.
    He'll be with you in spirit!

AbsoluteChiefDolphin-size_restricted.gif

Another brave soul taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Whatever happened with that? Are they going after him after he admitted to doing it on purpose on tv but then recanted?
    Ramos shouldn't really bother me but he does.

Not seen anything about UEFA taking action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that most of the media and pundits are writing us off already and expect us to lose this Sunday?

Old Trafford is a tough place to go at anytime of the season but we are top of the ****ing league for a reason and have been very good away from home this season. A win would be absolutely massive but a draw is still a good result.

Hold tight and firm from an early United onslought and I think we can pick them off and win.

Liverpool have won twice in 12 years I think, so it's not a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

ricero wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel that most of the media and pundits are writing us off already and expect us to lose this Sunday?

Old Trafford is a tough place to go at anytime of the season but we are top of the ****ing league for a reason and have been very good away from home this season. A win would be absolutely massive but a draw is still a good result.

Hold tight and firm from an early United onslought and I think we can pick them off and win.

It's not just the media though. Been speaking to a good few fellow fans and they're downbeat about our chances on Sunday also. Personally think it's time for this team to front up this season. We've managed to get where we are without having been exceptional - some excellent performances early in the season for sure - and our more careful approach has reaped benefits. Interesting to see how we approach Sunday and how they set up. PSG twatted them simply by being the superior team. We're also a superior team but there's the weight of history and our overall record there, which isn't good. As I said though, Sunday's the time for this team to really front up.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Whatever happened with that? Are they going after him after he admitted to doing it on purpose on tv but then recanted?
    Ramos shouldn't really bother me but he does.

Ramos bothers everyone but Madridistas but he's a brilliant defender and brilliant at ****housery. We'd all love a Ramos in our side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Flights & hotel booked for Huddersfield game end April. It was cheaper flying Dub-Man with Aer Lingus and that's factoring in taxi both ways, flight times so much better too.
    We are going for the weekend so as long as they don't change to a Monday night or Friday night game I'm good, otherwise Heuston we have a problem :D

It will be the 9yr olds 1st time at Anfield, herself can go shopping :D. It will be some experience if we are still in with a chance of the league & dare I say it possible winning come to that :)

I can't fcuking wait :)

Fcukers in Sky. I took a gamble and it failed regarding flights. I think I’ll go Thursday and back Saturday now instead. The hotel cost will be €160 instead of the original €300 and the new flights about €150 so really won’t be that much out of pocket luckily

Liverpool have won twice in 12 years I think, so it's not a surprise.

The last times we won in the last 19 years were the following

01/02, 08/09, 13/14 (contesting the league in each of those seasons).

So we win at OT but fail to win the league. Let’s buck that trend this season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

The last times we won in the last 19 years were the following

01/02, 08/09, 13/14 (contesting the league in each of those seasons).

So we win at OT but fail to win the league. Let’s buck that trend this season :)

Id rather we lose at ot and win the league!

ardinn wrote: »

Draw most preferable

• Advertisement

ardinn wrote: »

Eh? We gotta give Chelsea a hand here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The club is offering free busses to the Friday night Southampton game.

Fans are being asked to pay a £5 reservation fee to book a seat with that money going to the Sean Cox appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

The club is offering free busses to the Friday night Southampton game.

Fans are being asked to pay a £5 reservation fee to book a seat with that money going to the Sean Cox appeal.
    That's a pretty sound thing for the club to do, to be fair...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

Can any of you guys help me out here please? I'm heading to the Chelsea match in April, which was changed today from the 13th to the 14th April. Liverpool state it is subject to further changes if we reach the CL quarter finals and scheduling.
    Chelsea's website states "Our away trip to Liverpool is now scheduled for Sunday 14 April, kick-off 4.30pm, although that game is subject to possible movement to Saturday 13 April depending on Jurgen Klopp’s side’s involvement in the Champions League"
    So in you guys educated opinion, and regarding previous years changes, do you think there is a good chance that it will remain as a fixture for that weekend or will it be changed to a totally different weekend or midweek fixture, as it seems strange that they change it from the 13th to the 14th with the possibility of being changed back to the 13th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

chasm wrote: »
    Can any of you guys help me out here please? I'm heading to the Chelsea match in April, which was changed today from the 13th to the 14th April. Liverpool state it is subject to further changes if we reach the CL quarter finals and scheduling.
    Chelsea's website states "Our away trip to Liverpool is now scheduled for Sunday 14 April, kick-off 4.30pm, although that game is subject to possible movement to Saturday 13 April depending on Jurgen Klopp’s side’s involvement in the Champions League"
    So in you guys educated opinion, and regarding previous years changes, do you think there is a good chance that it will remain as a fixture for that weekend or will it be changed to a totally different weekend or midweek fixture, as it seems strange that they change it from the 13th to the 14th with the possibility of being changed back to the 13th?

The Europa QF 1st legs are on Thursday 11th which Chelsea may be involved in, hence it wasn’t fixed for Saturday 13th. If Bayern beat Liverpool or if Liverpool go through and their QF is Wednesday, then I expect this game will stay on the Sunday.

If Chelsea get to Europa QF and Liverpool get to CL QF and are drawn to play on Tuesday, game will be Saturday I expect and Chelsea may have to ask to play their Europa on Weds 10th.

Messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

mosstin wrote: »
    Ramos bothers everyone but <b>Madridistas</b> but he's a brilliant defender and brilliant at ****housery. We'd all love a Ramos in our side.

Madrilenian. Or Madrileño.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

TMcU2Ug.gif

Mods this weekend

Madrilenian. Or Madrileño.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Fcukers in Sky. I took a gamble and it failed regarding flights. I think I’ll go Thursday and back Saturday now instead. The hotel cost will be €160 instead of the original €300 and the new flights about €150 so really won’t be that much out of pocket luckily

Whatever the difference will be financially, it’ll be worth it ten times over seeing your 9 year olds face when he walks up the steps at Anfield! That’s what it’s all about! Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Citys run in is easier but indeed a tough April, trouble is we have some tough fixtures before then and if we play the way we are playing, we could be at least 4 points behind. However, if we turn up and do utd on Sunday - it will be huge, Everton away will be so tough though! W eneed to keep the pressure on City, for sure i think they are grinding out results but at a cost, it will catch up!

Not when they're drawn against the equivalent of Accrington Stanley in each competition they're in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

ebbsy wrote: »
    Got a 3 month ban the night of the champions league final. Had been out on the sauce all day and got emotional (probably over Karius and Ramos).

Same. I was getting cards here when Ramos should've been getting them in Kiev! .... from a Utd mod too!
    I'm sure the Thank Club were out in force that night. :p

#emotional# #concussion# #runner-up# #west brom# etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Same. I was getting cards here when Ramos should've been getting them in Kiev! .... from a Utd mod too!
    I'm sure the Thank Club were out in force that night. :p

#emotional# #concussion# #runner-up# #west brom# etc

Instagram logo must have changed on my phone to boards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I really hope we go for it Sunday.
    Massive opportunity for these players to make a Name for themselves. 3 points would be some message.
    Can’t wait

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I've read some shite in my time but that match thread is something else.

I get the feeling there's a few Utd "fans" in there that don't even give a crap about their own team as long as Liverpool aren't doing well. It's beyond pathetic.

I'll be very disappointed if Brinty doesn't thank this because he seems to have developed some weird tic where he has to thank every post.

I have a good feeling about the game on Sunday. We are much better than them and I think we'll win. 2-1 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

You had to go and ruin it for yourself...

No thanks for you

The fascination with who thanks who's post is so childish it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The fascination with who thanks who's post is so childish it's ridiculous.

I like that, have a recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Annoying that for the 2nd time in a row our game clashes with Ireland's Six Nations game. Ugh. With the Bournemouth game I had 2 screens on to watch the first half of Liverpool and second half of the Scotland game at the same time and it didn't really work. Tomorrow the Ireland game kicks off at half time in the other so might have to try and watch one of them delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

8-10 wrote: »
    Annoying that for the 2nd time in a row our game clashes with Ireland's Six Nations game. Ugh. With the Bournemouth game I had 2 screens on to watch the first half of Liverpool and second half of the Scotland game at the same time and it didn't really work. Tomorrow the Ireland game kicks off at half time in the other so might have to try and watch one of them delayed

Ah jaysus

• Advertisement

Very annoying. I wonder what the pubs will prioritize. Rugby usually but given it's a massive game wouldn't surprise me to see a fair few screens of the Pool match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

When we are playing United it's the equivalent of the 12th of July for Catholics in the North. I take my holiday from this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Very annoying. I wonder what the pubs will prioritize. Rugby usually but given it's a massive game wouldn't surprise me to see a fair few screens of the Pool match

Depends on the pub generally. There's some that you know would flat out laugh at the suggestion of putting the soccer on. But most would show both for sure.

Pub for Liverpool v United is generally no fun anyway.

Good insight with Virgil interview. The only downside is ballbague is conducting the interview :D

“Virgil van Dijk - Denzel, Disneyland and becoming a legend
    Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk opens up on his love of Disneyland and Game of Thrones, honing his skills on Cruyff courts and how he switches off from football in an exclusive and wide-ranging interview.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p071h7d2

Pub for Liverpool Utd games is full of clowns tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Use to work in pubs years ago and would dread when lfc were playing Utd. Some animals come out for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Only match clash is with the gaa kicking off 5 mins before it.

Have zero interest in protestant egg chasing.

Flyer29 wrote: »
    Whatever the difference will be financially, it’ll be worth it ten times over seeing your 9 year olds face when he walks up the steps at Anfield! That’s what it’s all about! Enjoy!

Got the flights booked today Dublin - Manchester return with Ryan Air for about €200 all in. The flights on Friday to Liverpool were nuts (average €200 pp one way).
    Unfortunately with hotel went to change dates was fully booked so got Premier Inn in Albert Dock for a little bit more.

As you said money can't buy that buzz of the 1st visit to Anfield :)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Thought the game was on at 4 !! Gonna miss it now as it's clashing with Limerick hurlers... Who schedules these games at all... The FA should really be checking the GAA calendar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

retalivity wrote: »
    Only match clash is with the gaa kicking off 5 mins before it.

Have zero interest in protestant egg chasing.

You 15?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

The match thread is the internet window into that world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I had to unfollow the match thread when I saw Klopps future being discussed! Apparently he could/should be getting sacked if he doesn't land the league this season! Cut our losses and back someone else! If people genuinely think that and aren't wumming then I really do fear for their sanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Keeping destiny in our own hands and avoiding a defeat is a perfectly acceptable result tomorrow, it's Feb, not May. A point lead on last day of season I'd take now.
    I just think we'll drop points along the way, but so will City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I had to unfollow the match thread when I saw Klopps future being discussed! Apparently he could/should be getting sacked if he doesn't land the league this season! Cut our losses and back someone else! If people genuinely think that and aren't wumming then I really do fear for their sanity.

But he hasn't won anything.

Rip it up and start again.

Finals and pl challenges are not progress.

Liverpool and West Ham had the same level of success last season.

Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Utd are dire and a draw at Old Trafford would be totally unacceptable for a side that wants to win a league title. Utd came up against their first test last week since OGS took charge and were totally out classed by PSG so I don't fear anything that they can offer.

If we play to even 60% of our potential, we'll come away with 3 points.

Do not say a ****ing word - nada nothing.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Utd are dire and a draw at Old Trafford would be totally unacceptable for a side that wants to win a league title. Utd came up against their first test last week since OGS took charge and were totally out classed by PSG so I don't fear anything that they can offer.

If we play to even 60% of our potential, we'll come away with 3 points.

and yet a draw puts us top...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

the bar man in the pub i usually watch the games say's that the liverpool game wont be on the big screen and that rugby will only be on.

that leaves 2 screens up the other end of the pub.... ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Thought the game was on at 4 !! Gonna miss it now as it's clashing with Limerick hurlers... Who schedules these games at all... The FA should really be checking the GAA calendar.

I'm a Tipp man but I won't be watching their match against the old enemy. I'll be watching Liverpool against their old enemy instead. Liverpool have a better chance of winning something this year than Tipp do. I was going to add "unfortunately" to that sentence but it wouldn't make sense. Up the Premier County Reds!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

and yet a draw puts us top...

Correct but three points against a truly awful side will help to remain there.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Correct but three points against a truly awful side will help to remain there.

Obviously. Utd are in really good form though. I wouldn't be too upset with a draw.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement