Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

brinty wrote:
    Moan about United fans cos you think we're cheering on City Cheer on Spurs to beat City #doublestandards

Let's see...

Us Cheering on spurs to beat City so that we may get closer to winning the league

Vs

You guys cheering on city because your petty obsession with seeing us lose.

Well that really is the same thing isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Accusing Liverpool of “bottling it” if they lose to Manchester United would be “frankly disgusting.”

Neil Atkinson from TAW on this week’s Head in the Game podcast

https://twitter.com/espnuk/status/1098985510738055171?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ejaria just scored his first goal for Reading who lead 1-0

Did you see the sitter he missed at the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nope. Grujic played v Munich today got the full 90 mins. Coman went off apparently. Hang on it's weeks to the second leg isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

How do I put someone on "ignore"?
    Can it only be done on a PC or what? I only ever use my phone and never seen an option.

It's gotten ridiculous in here lately. I really hope the Liverpool fans aren't doing the same in the united forum, bloody kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

.red. wrote: »
    Can it only be done on a PC or what? I only ever use my phone and never seen an option.

It's gotten ridiculous in here lately. I really hope the Liverpool fans aren't doing the same in the united forum, bloody kids!

3 pool fans in united thread in past 24 hours yourdeadwrights posts more in United thread at this stage I'd say. Never do they get a reception like United posters get in here.

No yellow cards in United thread for name calling. No calling pool posters names or suggesting they doing sexual acts on each other. No crying over thanking posts.

What brinty or anyone else has said in here in past 24 hours is tame on comparison to what's said by your own regulars in here.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

jayo26 wrote: »
    3 pool fans in united thread in past 24 hours yourdeadwrights posts more in United thread at this stage I'd say. Never do they get a reception like United posters get in here.

No yellow cards in United thread for name calling. No calling pool posters names or suggesting they doing sexual acts on each other. No crying over thanking posts.

What brinty or anyone else has said in here in past 24 hours is tame on comparison to what's said by your own regulars in here.

Wah, wah, "your sh*tebags are worse than our sh*tebags". Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Thought this was Liverpool thread and not Barcelona thread!!!!???????

Great answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Because yourdeadwright posts his opinion on how Chlesea have been doing under Sarri and how the united game against them went.

we get this
    brinty wrote: »
    The obsession continues...

Fred the red likes this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

.red. wrote: »

Easiest way is on a PC.

Then use the touch site then you won't even know they have posted as the touch site hides that they even posted so unless they are quoted by some other poster you won't know that they are on that's the great advantage of the touch site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

brinty wrote: »
    The obsession continues...

I have to say, I despise this constant crap. It's pretty pathetic for grown men to think that they are adopting some sort of moral high ground with it.

mightyreds wrote: »
    Because yourdeadwright posts his opinion on how Chlesea have been doing under Sarri and how the united game against them went.

we get this

Fred the red likes this

But then you read what he said it in reply to a post that said United were using the pool game to make them selves relevant and replying to a bunch of supporters as a shower???? I would say thats is about all it deserverd really.

majority of United fans know United are not relevant this year and have not been relevant for a number of years so the moment was pretty childish to begin with.

No one covers themselves in glory from any side it's always tit for tat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

But then you read what he said it in reply to a post that said United were using the pool game to make them selves relevant and replying to a bunch of supporters as a shower???? I would say thats is about all it deserverd really.

majority of United fans know United are not relevant this year and have not been relevant for a number of years so the moment was pretty childish to begin with.

Is there a way I can point out the irony in this line without actually repeating the act...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

What about the majority of posters using the soccer forum who couldn't give a fūck about, and want nothing to do with the back and forth tit for tat sniping that a minority of posters engage in?

You say nobody covers thenmselves in glory from either side. What about the majority that don't engage in this bullshīt (United AND Pool fans), but have to tolerate it because of the actions of a few who think it's great banter altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Always hilarious when the worst culprits try to take the high ground.

Turtyturd wrote: »

That's the best bit.

Doesn't go unnoticed.

SM01 wrote: »
    What about the majority of posters using the soccer forum who couldn't give a fūck about, and want nothing to do with the back and forth tit for tat sniping that a minority of posters engage in?

You say nobody covers thenmselves in glory from either side. What about the majority that don't engage in this bullshīt (United AND Pool fans), but have to tolerate it because of the actions of a few who think it's great banter altogether?

Exactly, most just want to read about their team, not about squabbles. Can't that be done via PM or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thank you. If I could thank it again, I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

The very essence of boards means we are all here together with our different beliefs and different rivalries and as a result can infest each others threads with our sh!te! I used to post on Liverpool only forums so this was quite a different experience for me when I first joined the soccer forum here. Stick to Liverpool only forums if you don't want to see any of the sh!te that goes on here because even though 90% won't engage with it and just want to talk footy, the emptiest vessels in the room will always be the ones making the noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think I’d actually enjoy supporting the club a lot more if it wasn’t for this fixture at least twice every fcuking season, any chance of an interesting football conversation goes out the window so you can either join in on the shîthousery or just stay away from the forum for a week at least.

The obsession with us from that lot seems to have ramped up massively in the last couple of weeks, and it was bad enough before that. Some rivalries are great, the Merseyside Derby is a big match to look forward to but it doesn’t bring this level of shîte to the thread. You’d swear there was a WhatsApp group running with how co-ordinated they are in thanking each other over here. There’s no anger or irritation on my part about that, it just makes me laugh more than anything.

They seem to hate being irrelevant in the title picture, that’s the root of the problem. The only consolation is that no matter the result tomorrow, they’ll still be irrelevant. :)

Bang on. Well said.

Well I agree with you too mate it's unfortunate for someone that doesn't want to engage but unfortunatly the charter/mods discretion allows for it on both sides.

Ideally I think super threads should be zero tolerance of any messing around and have a premierleague trashtalk thread for those that so want to engage.

No one's taking the high ground mate I know I can be on the line too I just won't do name calling and stuff like that I post in humour thread I poke fun but I'll receive genuine fun poking back I would like to think I'm above the name calling part of it as are 95 percent of pool and United posters in here but I'm not trying take any high ground at all it actually doesn't bother me I've no problems with most of it but I do draw the line at some of the stuff that Fred has been called or insinuate in here.

Maybe you and other don't have a problem at name calling and sexual insinuated actions but if you don't then don't moan about the state of the thread or boards because stuff like that contribute to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Just want to say that I love John Barnes, end of!!

Not only was he one of the best players to ever wear the Liverpool shirt but I just watched Question Time from Thursday night where he was on the panel and boy is he one seriously articulate man. He really puts himself out there to explain his (mostly unpopular) views and i wish there were more people like him in society.

End of political bromance post.

Let's go fcuk up these w@nkers tomorrow.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Bang on. Well said.

Your not a stranger to a bit of well placed piss taking yourself either mate :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I have to say, I despise this constant crap. It's pretty pathetic for grown men to think that they are adopting some sort of moral high ground with it.

You'd be forgiven for thinking half the posters in the soccer forum are 12 or under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This weekend really brings out the worst in this forum

Vicxas wrote: »
    This weekend really brings out the worst in this forum

It was ok there for 5 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: This is quickly becoming a disaster. Any more off-topic crap, any attempts to rise fans, abusive posts, whatever will be dealt with.

And for those in the background (yes, I see you), thanking those posts will be treated the same. It's in the charter.

^^
    Thank you

Now, team tomorrow, particularly midfield. Any guesses on how we will line up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    ^^
    Thank you

Now, team tomorrow, particularly midfield. Any guesses on how we will line up?

I think he'll go solid with Fabinho, Henderson and Gini in midfield.

dmigsy wrote: »

I'd be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Utd are 9/4 to win tomorrow. Have they ever been that big of a price at old Trafford.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Utd are 9/4 to win tomorrow. Have they ever been that big of a price at old Trafford.

That's a massive price tbf

I’d play Milner ahead if Henderson for one reason one reason only he knows how to put in a heavy tackle.

Because I expect Herrera to be putting in loads of them for Man U.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dmigsy wrote: »

That's who I want to see there.

niallo27 wrote: »

I very much doubt it, biggest I've seen.
    Given their form, historically good results at home to us, it's a massive price, hopefully bookies have priced it right!

I’d play Milner ahead if Henderson for one reason one reason only he knows how to put in a heavy tackle.

Henderson really put his handnup during the week, hard to leave him out

Have a feeling we’re going to see Milner in midfield tomorrow even though few want to see it. He usually puts in a great shift in this fixture and I think Klopp trusts him a lot more in games like this than Keita.

Personally I’d go for Fabinho at number 6 with Hendo and Gini a little further up, but I can see Klopp putting Milner in there for Fabinho with Hendo going back to his usual role sitting in front of the defence recycling possession.

The rest of the team pretty much picks itself, unless Fabinho doesn’t get into the midfield three and Klopp wants to give him another game at centre half (would prefer Matip keeps his place myself).

Hopefully Shaq is fit enough to make it off the bench this time, he gave us a massive shot in the arm in the reverse fixture and I’ll look to him again to make something happen if he comes on, he’s been in middling form lately but I always like to see him come on against a tired defence.

Again, I just want to be done with this one. We’ve nothing to gain from the fixture because a win is just a game where we don’t drop any points in a really competitive title race, and I’m 100% sure they’ll roll over for City in two months time so anything less than a win is going to hurt us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's like a really ****ty version of Christmas Eve, waiting for this match.
    Can we all get coal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Henderson had a great game against Bayern on Tuesday also I think he would do a number on Pogba tomorrow, for me stopping Pogba tomorrow (and not conceding early) is key.

Henderson has to start, can you imagine the satisfaction of Henderson nullifying Pogba and winning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

I agree. Mind you, I thought we looked quite a bit more assured going forward once Milner came on.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's like a really ****ty version of Christmas Eve, waiting for this match.
    Can we all get coal?

Which one? Carlton, Ashley or bring Joe back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    Which one? Carlton, Ashley or bring Joe back?

Always Joe, the golf ball messi. Special place in my heart.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

It's a tough call and as I said the only reason I would have Milner ahead of him starting is down to Milner's tackling.

Gini and Fab have to start after that then it is a very close call between Henderson and Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Will be interesting to see how many he gets away with tomorrow, hopefully someone put one in on him early tomorrow as he tends to disappear after that happens.

Penalty aspect will be interesting tomorrow too. I know there’s been a lot of crying about the ref having awarded us a lot of penalties but we were denied 2 or 3 clear cut ones there last season.

Henderson had a great game against Bayern on Tuesday also I think he would do a number on Pogba tomorrow, for me stopping Pogba tomorrow (and not conceding early) is key.

Henderson has to start, can you imagine the satisfaction of Henderson nullifying Pogba and winning

It's a toss of a coin for me between Milner and Henderson only for the reason I think Milner is a better tackler.

I just don't wan to see the midfield of Henderson, Milner & Gini

Also one big thing I hope for tomorrow is any Liverpool player shooting at goal doesn't shoot straight at DeGea.

Also one big thing I hope for tomorrow is any Liverpool player shooting at goal doesn't shoot straight at DeGea.

His positioning is incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Will be interesting to see how many he gets away with tomorrow, hopefully someone put one in on him early tomorrow as he tends to disappear after that happens.

I believe Gerrard holds the record for disappearing after "putting one in on him".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Well that lasted long!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement