Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Any recommendations for somewhere to watch the match in Budapest? TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If Liverpool win the league this season, Man Utd will probably use it as motivation to win the league next season.

It irritates me so much to see non Liverpool and Utd fans say how much they dont want Liverpool to win the league.

I can understand Utd fans cause of the rivalry but other supporters wanting City to win is bad for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nearly 10 years.
    fecking hell the years just fly by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Charlie19 wrote:
    Nearly 10 years. fecking hell the years just fly by.

Who won the league that year....

Should've had four penalties in that game, I think the ref was a little intimidated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

brinty wrote: »

Jesus wept.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Nearly 10 years.
    fecking hell the years just fly by.

Remember watchung it in a shop with like 20 huge flatscreens. Love the look on fergusons face at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Jesus wept.

Its relentless at this stage

Remember watchung it in a shop with like 20 huge flatscreens. Love the look on fergusons face at the end.

Did she drag you out shopping?:D

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Did she drag you out shopping?:D

i was 9 at the time:pac: and yes she did:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Christ all ****ing mighty, it's like trying to shake a virus in here sometimes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I believe Gerrard holds the record for disappearing after "putting one in on him".

In fairness that was a home run, touchdown, open net, try, six, all rolled into one.

i was 9 at the time:pac: and yes she did:(

:):):):):) I actually laughed well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

i was at that 1-4 at OT. one of the highlights of my life. cant believe its 10 years ago. i went with 4 manu fans, all the way up on the drive they were telling me how much united were going to hammer liverpool. the drive home was better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jesus wept.

Care to provide an answer seeing as the other poster didn't

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Who cares? Liverpool won that game 1-4, that's what we are talking about.

You have a very distinctive style of posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

One would assume it was rhetorical, surely you know the answer.

Manchester United won the league that year and thoroughly deserved it because they won more points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

This thread has gone downhill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eyerer wrote: »

give it a week and hopefully it'll be better.

eyerer wrote: »

I got a warning the other night for insinuating that someone might be apparently trolling.

Now I have to be clear that I'm not against fans posting in our thread but its the content thats been posted is fairly clear that it just for wind up purposes.

I've posted in the Utd thread a couple of times over the last few years and it was greeted with thanks because I wasn't being a dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Weren’t you warned on the last page not to post on this thread again?

It’s a bold strategy, let’s see if it pays off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

martyos121 wrote: »
    Weren’t you warned on the last page not to post on this thread again?

It’s a bold strategy, let’s see if it pays off.

Only a minute between being warned and his last post.
    I'm confident any further post by him in here will be dealt with appropriately.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

mikeym wrote: »
    If Liverpool win the league this season, Man Utd will probably use it as motivation to win the league next season.

It irritates me so much to see non Liverpool and Utd fans say how much they dont want Liverpool to win the league.

I can understand Utd fans cause of the rivalry but other supporters wanting City to win is bad for the league.

City’s title wins are tainted due to them basically buying the league, same with Chelsea. I wouldn’t begrudge United, Arsenal or Spurs winning the Premiership as these are clubs built without some Sheikh or Oligarchs billions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

City’s title wins are tainted due to them basically buying the league, same with Chelsea. I wouldn’t begrudge United, Arsenal or Spurs winning the Premiership as these are clubs built without some Sheikh or Oligarchs billions.

I'd take a tainted league win at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

City’s title wins are tainted due to them basically buying the league, same with Chelsea.

No they're really not.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Is there a game today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Match thread is a cesspit. Awful drivel been posted

Anyway, need to win this and make a big statement. Buzzing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rob316 wrote: »
    Match thread is a cesspit. Awful drivel been posted

Anyway, need to win this and make a big statement. Buzzing

Buzzing too but I don’t think we need to win it. A draw would be fine considering our record there and a loss not the end of the world. More points will be dropped by us and city before the finish.

PERSPECTIVE

Caveat: Obviously a win would be ****ing glorious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Hey guys only new to the football section- But I'm not stupid so will report back here midweek after the bluster of today as games like these tend to bring out the worst hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Owl. wrote: »
    Is there a game today?

Yep- FIVE PAST TWO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

What about all the ‘tainted titles’ Liverpool won while the Moore’s family who owned Littlewoods pools had a very strong association with your club.

Every successful championship winning team has always spent big money. Come down off your ivory tower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I’m normally very evenhanded and glass half full on all outcomes, particularly in the midst of a season like this. If we lose, we’re still on the same points total as City with it all to play for with 11 games to go. That’s the worst outcome from today: we remain where we are, 11 points ahead of our enemies and still live in Europe.

But...

At some point a statement is required. A great team would win today. We’re definitely a good team. But are we great?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I’m normally very evenhanded and glass half full on all outcomes, particularly in the midst of a season like this. If we lose, we’re still on the same points total as City with it all to play for with 11 games to go. That’s the worst outcome from today: we remain where we are, 11 points ahead of our enemies and still live in Europe

But...

At some point a statement is required. A great team would win today. We’re definitely a good team. But are we great?
    Agree with this.
    Not the worst if we lose but a win is a massive statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

gstack166 wrote: »
    What about all the ‘tainted titles’ Liverpool won while the Moore’s family who owned Littlewoods pools had a very strong association with your club.

Every successful championship winning team has always spent big money. Come down off your ivory tower.

True, Littlewoods pools were notorious for stealing natural resources, human rights abuses, chattel-slavery, assassinations and funding of proxy wars and terrorism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

dmigsy wrote: »
    True, Littlewoods pools were notorious for stealing natural resources, human rights abuses, chattel-slavery, assassinations and funding of proxy wars and terrorism.

There’s skeletons in every club owners closet mate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

Ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

A point will do. A win will be even more important than the 3 points it provides going into the remaining fixtures though. Similarly a loss could be very damaging. Huge game but nothing is won/lost today no matter what is spun. I just hope we put in a big display, if we do I am confident we'll go top of the league again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Will this be on Irish radio? I'll have to listen in while watching the hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

NukaCola wrote: »
    A point will do. A win will be even more important than the 3 points it provides going into the remaining fixtures though. Similarly a loss could be very damaging. Huge game but nothing is won/lost today no matter what is spun. I just hope we put in a big display, if we do I am confident we'll go top of the league again.

not very damaging IMO, leaves things as is with 11 to go, maybe damaging to team confidence but both teams will drop more points I'm pretty sure. Wouldn't be great like but certainly not the end of the world either. I'd take a point now but like others say a win there would be a statement. When they were winning leagues they often did us home and away, they had the better players we had passion and fury and hoped it would be enough. League table says we're the better team but form table say's they are currently. Looking forward to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Squeaky Bum time......

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Would take your arm off for a draw right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

awec wrote: »

Whats the going rate for arms these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

awec wrote: »

That can be a problem with these fixtures, both sides happy with a draw, Ole nearly confirmed as getting the job permanently if he doesn't lose and Jurgen a step closer to the title if he doesn't lose. I don't think that it will be played like that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

gstack166 wrote: »

Rubbish, successful title winners like Leicester, Blackburn or Arsenal never spent the type of money City & Chelsea spent to win the league. Sure they might have bought one or two top players but to say these clubs were spending massive amounts of money is pure shyte. The 2 most important players for Leicester the season they won it cost around 5m, Mahrez 400k, Kante 4.5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Vicxas wrote: »

Not much of an offer when he is taking yours rather than giving his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Vicxas wrote: »

Depends on the arms, one of Alissons is about €30m.
    One of Karius' goes for about €30.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement