Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Doodoo wrote: »
    Any recommendations for somewhere to watch the match in Budapest? TIA

watched some games here

https://www.facebook.com/beckettsbudapest

and here - this one better but you'll need to book a table i'd say....

https://www.facebook.com/jackdoylesbudapest/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Rubbish, successful title winners like Leicester, Blackburn or Arsenal never spent the type of money City & Chelsea spent to win the league. Sure they might have bought one or two top players but to say these clubs were spending massive amounts of money is pure shyte. The 2 most important players for Leicester the season they won it cost around 5m, Mahrez 400k, Kante 4.5m.

Actually Blackburn indeed did "buy" the League, Jack Walker spent and absolute fortune of his own money. The money by today's standards are a pittance but at that time for 2 years nobody came close to their spending on players and wages.

Ultomatly it wasn't a viable method for running a club but they did win the League (With Kenny Dalglish as manger too BTW)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Rubbish, successful title winners like Leicester, Blackburn or Arsenal never spent the type of money City & Chelsea spent to win the league. Sure they might have bought one or two top players but to say these clubs were spending massive amounts of money is pure shyte. The 2 most important players for Leicester the season they won it cost around 5m, Mahrez 400k, Kante 4.5m.

I wouldn't bother replying to aul gstack. He got called out in the match thread about his imaginary bets and disappeared promptly.

This is the same "city season ticket holder" who got laughed out of it in the united thread a few weeks ago when he went looking to create some sort of axis of evil against Liverpool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I see more stories about Clyne and his parties doing rounds today, guess we have the answer yo why he was let go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

I wouldn't bother replying to aul gstack. He got called out in the match thread about his imaginary bets and disappeared promptly.

This is the same "city season ticket holder" who got laughed out of it in the united thread a few weeks ago when he went looking to create some sort of axis of evil against Liverpool :)

Sure you know I’ve a season ticket, you’ve stalked me on Facebook you weirdo, & stalking me on this too, commenting after every post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

gstack166 wrote: »
    Sure you know I’ve a season ticket, you’ve stalked me on Facebook you weirdo, & stalking me on this too, commenting after every post.

Right a I'm the Liverpool fan commenting on Liverpool in Liverpool threads. Youre the city fan commenting on anything Liverpool related. I don't even own a Facebook account. :) Maybe head off to your city thread there if you don't like being called out on your bullshít in here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I see more stories about Clyne and his parties doing rounds today, guess we have the answer yo why he was let go

Very R Kelly is Clyne after reading that article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Right a I'm the Liverpool fan commenting on Liverpool in Liverpool threads. Youre the city fan commenting on anything Liverpool related. I don't even own a Facebook account. :)Maybe head off to your city thread there if you don't like being called out on your bullshít in here :)

He'd be talking to himself in that one, ghost town.

That escalated quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

awec wrote: »
    Would take your arm off for a draw right now.

Why?

I want the win.

If we want to win the league then these are the games you need to win.
    Also whilst Utd have been on a great run I believe they can be got at in defence and we're one of the few top teams they have played since Solskjaer took over and PSG showed what a top team can do against them.

I would love to see Liverpool show potential Champion's pedigree and get the three points and put the pressure back on City that many neutrals feel have the momentum now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I'm feeling more confident of a Liverpool win today than I've ever been with this fixture. I think we play better football and our goal threat is bigger. I'm going for a 1-2 scoreline. This is a reality scoreline.

And for pure fantasy I'd love to see us hammer Utd 4-0 or 5-0. Imagine if Liverpool results got 2 Utd managers the sack in the same season? Now that would be gold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I get the feeling some of the people offering up limbs for a draw would be complaining about every aspect of the draw afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

There's no way we should be happy with a draw here lads.

There was a time when yes, a draw at OT was perfectly acceptable. That time has passed.

Vidic on panel for Sky alongside Souness. Good omen.

Wonder if Souness will mention Torres like he did on RTE a few years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Milner in. Keita out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Two changes for Liverpool at Old Trafford - James Milner and Virgil van Dijk replace Trent Alexander-Arnold and Naby Keita in the starting line-up.

Liverpool: Alisson, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Keita, Sturridge, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi, Alexander-Arnold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

dont mind saying bricking this match, They will be well up for this so we need to see a big fighting mentality from everyone. COME ON THE RED'S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Milner at right back i did not expect that

Matic and Martial out for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Milner right back...god love us.

• Advertisement

Interesting to see how this midfield returns.

Also think Klopp thinks this game is just too soon for TAA coming back from injury.

McToninay has to be a weakness for Utd today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

ricero wrote: »
    Milner at right back i did not expect that

Has not been good anytime he's played there this season. Surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Dont like Milner at the back...turns like a fully bus after 15 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

We can get on top of that midfield. McTominay is a rooter, and Mata has no legs really. They'll be relying on a disciplined performance from Pogba, and he hasn't the brains for that.
    I'm encouraged by those teams, there are 3 points here of we're brave.

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Milner right back...god love us.

Don't really think he's ever let us down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Keita should be starting.
    TAA should be starting.

I hope I'm proved spectacularly wrong, but it feels like we're paying too much respect to Utd with that line-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I genuinely hate this fixture. Our record here is poor so a draw is not a bad result, a loss would be disastrous for the title run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Looks like they’re going the PSG tactics. Sit back and long ball out to Rashford to try catch us on the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SlickRic wrote: »
    TAA should be starting.

I hope I'm proved spectacularly wrong, but it feels like we're paying too much respect to Utd with that line-up.

They might feel it's to soon for TAA after his injury. I think it's hard to drop Henderson or Gini after their performances the other night and Kieta will be a great option to run at United's tiring CMs in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

We can get on top of that midfield. McTominay is a rooter, and Mata has no legs really. They'll be relying on a disciplined performance from Pogba, and he hasn't the brains for that.
    I'm encouraged by those teams, there are 3 points here of we're brave.

Get ready for McTominay to go full Kiko Macheda today so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

SlickRic wrote: »
    TAA should be starting.

Cautious has served us well against the big teams this season. I'm sure Naby will have his role to play from the bench as United hopefully tire but from a starting perspective I'm happy to go with a more conservative midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I feel more confident after seeing the starting line up, especially the Manchester team

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Surprised to see Millie at RB, but then Jurgen previously tended to play Gonez rather than TAA there in bigger games, think there is a fear he can be exposed by being overly attacking. Expect both FBs to be a little more conservative today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I think the game will be won/lost in midfield. If we can dominate there from the kick-off, we have a great chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Will this be on Irish radio? I'll have to listen in while watching the hurling.

Newstalk maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Would love it if we beat them today.
    Two nil win, especially if we're as wasteful as we were against Bayern. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Though TAA was poor against Bayern and I expected that midfield 3, so no complaints on the line up at all.

Man Utd look beatable, but we’ve a poor record in this fixture.

I’d fcuking love us to win this today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hard to fancy Milner v Rashford.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Saw the BBC graphic for our lineup and hadn't a clue who the feck Tavares was.

7642d1ac-baf7-46ed-911a-a58ac5a48481.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Enjoy the game everyone.

I never post in match thread in a few years. I had a quick look and it’s a clusterfcuk

Let’s win this and knock all the doubters .
    Up the fcuking reds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't think Milner's had a good game at RB tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can already hear our fans singing loudly in the background of the Sky coverage. Our away fans are probably the best in the league, always do their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Milner mid, fabinho rb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'll be happy with a draw if we find ourselves two down in the 88th minute. Otherwise, just go out and win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't really think he's ever let us down.

You’ve got to wonder if some people don’t actually watch any matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Said it last time that this is the only game that gives me massive goosebumps.

And today is no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Milner mid, fabinho rb?

Nah Fab has to play in the middle, he's quickly become so important to our system.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He got caught for a goal the last time but people also seem to forget what he did at the other end of the pitch. He crossed a lot of very good ball and had an assist aswell.
    It's not his favourite position but I am not unduly worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Do Klopp and Pogba know each other well? Seemed like it when they greeted each other in the tunnel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A devastated Martin Tyler at full time is the only result I care about today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement