Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

OwlsZat wrote: »
    No he's not ya mindless gomie.

Explain then how Shaw did not get a yellow card for the same fouls 3 Liverpool players got a yellow card for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Starting to fear for our title challenge now we aren't hitting any type of form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Terrible,terrible game. How bad have we become going forward in big games of late. Every pass was off, no cohesion, really really poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We go again.

I would bring Keita back into midfield on Wednesday against Watford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Toothless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I'm not being a negative here but title is gone. Our bottle our creativity and our attack has petered out. It's about being realistic now and addressing the glaringly obvious issues, 4 5 of our starting 11 aren't championship winners they need gone, our lack of a plan when plan A doesn't work is Terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Salah and Mane might have had their worst ever game for Liverpool today. At the same time. And Firmino was off injured early.

Zero cohesion.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

awec wrote: »
    Would have taken a draw before the game.

But today was complete rubbish. United will definitely be happier with that given how the first half unfolded for them, we just lack a killer instinct right now, too much fannying about with the ball passing sideways and backwards.

Too much hoofing it from back. No one making runs between the lines to open up the game. Very disappointing...how Mané wasn't taken off I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

**** it top of the league and no bull**** game in hand or goal difference to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Milner arguably our best player but most of them were absolute horse shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm unreasonably angry about that.

Utterly pathetic.

You can say all you like that they sat in and gave us no space, but you have to move them around. You have to put some tempo into it. You have to be able to handle that.

Misplaced passes for no reason.
    Dribbling into defenders.

Klopp was rightly annoyed there at the end. City would've absolutely murdered that Utd team today. And Klopp must take some responsibility. Persisting with Milner at RB was foolish and Keita not coming on was silly. He can at least run at them. Shaq has a shot - that's it.

I'd have taken a draw at the start, but there was no excuse for that garbage.

Salah and Mane might have had their worst ever game for Liverpool today. At the same time. And Firmino was off injured early.

Zero cohesion.

And a midfield trio who never played a game together before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We all feel upset after a draw awat to Uinted
    Shows how far this club has vome in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

How did he bring on sturridge for Firmino. How.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

ricero wrote: »
    We go again.

I would bring Keita back into midfield on Wednesday against Watford.

Definitely. He's been better lately and would improve our ability to beat a man in the middle and drive forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No Fun Bobby No Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Yeah we're a point ahead but dropping points now every second game. Considering United's injuries, City would have won that game today.

Can't see this Liverpool side winning the title - the confidence seems low for whatever reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

It is like we have stopped playing football recently, pass around the back four and then launch it up the pitch.

It was quite similar to the Bayern game. Decent first half but the final couple of passes were off and the second half we just ran out of ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Charlie19 wrote: »

Are you having a laugh. His passing was absolutely woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well plenty on here have happily lost limbs they offered up before kick off to get that draw but I see that as a missed opportunity.

I'm not so much worried about results this season as they've been amazing it's more the mentality.

It requires great mental toughness to go and win a league, especially the first one, and when we've had chances this season such as Leicester and West Ham we have not won the games.

Today was another big opportunity to smash Utd after they had serious injuries but we failed to create a single chance of shot on goal.

At the end of the season it might be seen as a point gained but until we know the answer to that it's worrying.

ozzy78 wrote: »
    Too much hoofing it from back. No one making runs between the lines to open up the game. Very disappointing...how Mané wasn't taken off I'll never know.

It had to be hoofed because you can't play through with that midfield trio. We've been here before. It's like Klopp has forgotten why Ox was so important last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

P!ss poor performance against a poor united team, made worse by injuries.

Our best offensive player was Matip. The rest didn't deserve a place on the pitch.

That's a point gained. Way too many players coasting the last 4/5 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm unreasonably angry about that.

Utterly pathetic.

You can say all you like that they sat in and gave us no space, but you have to move them around. You have to put some tempo into it. You have to be able to handle that.

Misplaced passes for no reason.
    Dribbling into defenders.

Klopp was rightly annoyed there at the end. City would've absolutely murdered that Utd team today. And Klopp must take some responsibility. Persisting with Milner at RB was foolish and Keita not coming on was silly. He can at least run at them. Shaq has a shot - that's it.

I'd have taken a draw at the start, but there was no excuse for that garbage.

Spot on. No doubt some will say we have a one point lead at the top, what more do we want etc etc, but that is most certainly 2 points lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie19 wrote: »

Fab was the best player on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We all feel upset after a draw awat to Uinted Shows how far this club has vome in recent years

They played the game with a player injured for an hour, had a ton of injuries and we never made a single chance. Not the time for shows how far we come posts. If United played like that vs City they lose 100 times out of 100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Can see is dropping points to Watford & Everton

Looks like we are starting to bottle it slightly. Hate using that term but I feel it is right,. Hope I am wrong.

You have to view things over the season.....ppg etc are top class. We're not playing attractive football this season. By design I expect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Front 3 were non existent. Absolutely awful. When Bobby went off, I expected a lot more from the other 2. Glad Salah got hooked, he either needs a hug or a kick up the hole! Something is clearly not right with him. Midfield were poor in the second half, no real drive from them, very disappointing.

Draw before the game would have been gladly taken, but as the game went on, it feels more like a defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Strange game. Glad it's out of the way.
    Shocking in attack and could have easily lost that game to a team who couldn't put their best team out and had an injured player on the pitch.
    Very poor. Can't find any positives apart from Fabinho.
    As I said at least that game is out of the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'm normally fairly positive but I am concerned about that performance, very little urgency, ideas, fight or quality on show. Our form from Jan hasn't been what it needs to be, too many draws. However, back in our hands. Its not all doom and gloom but I really did expect a performance today and we just didn't get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Posters complaining about the draw after saying they’d gladly take the draw.....called it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should have brought Fekir on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Fromvert wrote: »
    With the context of the game it is

You have games where it goes against you and you get ****ed by circumstance, eg the reffing against City.

When things turn your way you need to claw those losses back.

That was possibly the worst performance I can remember.

I can live with the result but that doesn't look like a team of champions. They look like a bunch of fumbling cowards.

Flat track bullying is most of what our job is for the rest of the season. That's the easy stuff and it's sorted in the transfer window and on the training pitch. The other 5% you need to win things is about the mentality the pitch, to push through when the chips are down, and I've no confidence we have that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I would have taken a point if we faced a full strength UTD squad but that, that was totally brain fart from the whole team, with the exception maybe of Fab.

Feels like a loss to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Slick put it well.

Amazing that a 0-0 at OT has me in a blinding rage.

Need a good performance mid week before another dogged war next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Few things on this....
    - Result is b0llox based on how game went but would've taken it earlier
    - Sturridge should not be played unless we are clearly winning
    - Have slagged origi slot this season but he tried his best to attack
    - Milner shouldn't be right back, if Trent is fit, he needs to play. Milner would've been better in the middle
    - Klopps subs were piss poor today.
    - Hope firmino is ok
    - can we please shoot a little more, turning into the old arsenal teams trying to walk it into the goal...mix it up ffs

But fcuk yeah top of the table...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Posters complaining about the draw after saying they’d gladly take the draw.....called it.

Meh was taking no draw before the game and the people who would take a draw can now take everything that went wrong for United into account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Yes pre game before we seen they started Mctominay, then lost Herrera Mata and lingard and had rahsford on one leg. We lost out here, do you not see that. 3 points for the taking pissed down a lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

If you're gonna go out, go out with your boots on. United were there for the taking, Lukaku and Rashford could barely walk in the second half, they had three injuries and we've even managed to make McTominay look good today. Awful stuff. United probably should have won that game, and we couldn't have argued.

One of the most pathetic performance I've seen in a long long time. No bottle whatsoever. Spineless as someone else said.. Some players have hid over the last few games.

We're looking more and more like a team of fair weatherers. I didn't think bottle was going to be an issue with this team, but how wrong I was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I cannot recall ever being so frustrated and angry during a game of football. We were absolutely appalling going forward and things really weren't made any better by the substitutions that Klopp made. Very very pissed off after that as the game was there for the taking if we had any sort of tactical nous as at all - which is the the most worrying aspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MD1990 wrote: »
    Can see is dropping points to Watford & Everton

Looks like we are starting to bottle it slightly. Hate using that term but I feel it is right,. Hope I am wrong.

There's no need to start that talk after every draw.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fromvert wrote: »
    Meh was taking no draw before the game and the people who would take a draw can now take everything that went wrong for United into account.

You are wasting your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    No ambition.

Klopp got it wrong with selection. 2 dropped points.

I'm not normally doom and gloom, but a lot of truth in this.

Milner wasn't bad, but his selection ahead of Trent was very negative. Strange selection too, bringing sturridge on ahead of Origi, or even a midfielder like Lalana or Kieta. United were there for the taking, and we were negative and didn't go for it.

Again, Salah poor in a really big league game, Mane very peripheral. Bobby was a big loss, but there has to be some semblance of a plan B. If teams don't attack us, we are very aimless up top.
    Word for Matip who was good again. Obviously, Virgil was majestic, but in fairness Matip was targeted at times and did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    How did he bring on sturridge for Firmino. How.

the reliance on Firmino is a running joke at this stage.

No reason why a top quality centre forward shouldnt be signed, first XI calibre.

Big teams do it all the time.

No.

Not today Turdy.

You are being facetious in the extreme.

Its a 0-0 where we didn't try. Where utd had a Skelton team out. Where we were inept everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Very poor performance against limited opponents. All to play for with 11 games to go but we will need to do a lot better than that the rest of the way to have any chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

murpho999 wrote: »
    There's no need to start that talk after every draw.

Draw is not a worry.

Performances are. We have not played well in 2019 bar against Bourneouth who are the ideal home opponents.

Hopefully just a blip & will look back on some good points but I would be surprised if we won the league now.

Context.

• Advertisement

Origi did more in five minutes than Sturridge did in over an hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement