Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

How come that? Duffy is suspended as well I think

No. He is available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

SlickRic wrote: »
    Graham Hunter is a Barcelona fanboy extraordinaire. It's no surprise he's putting something out there to blame Coutinho for his failure to make a proper impact.

the reality is, Valverde is supremely pragmatic, likes high wide players, and doesn't see Coutinho as part of his central midfield area, but more an option in his front 3.

in hindsight, Coutinho wasn't really what Valverde wanted.

When you play two very high full backs and two inside forwards from the wings up front you need more control in midfield, You can not to afford to turn over possession to often ,

We have seen here how we have becomes more solid without Phil , He is a super player but doesn't fit that style

Although I still think he is amazing playing off the left wing , and would be fantastic to rotate with Mane ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Totally Football Show podcast yesterday noted that Brighton have the best home record of any side outside the top 6.

Won't be an easy tie but I'm looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

To be champions you have to go win away to the likes of Brighton ,
    Yes its a tuff place to go this season but if you want to be champions you HAVE to win these games ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Graham Hunter is a Barcelona fanboy extraordinaire. It's no surprise he's putting something out there to blame Coutinho for his failure to make a proper impact.

the reality is, Valverde is supremely pragmatic, likes high wide players, and doesn't see Coutinho as part of his central midfield area, but more an option in his front 3.

The Iniesta replacement talk I never really understood. Maybe in a couple of years but he's far off it yet. I always imagined him at his best more advanced or out wide so not surprised he's struggling for a place.

Still.....I'd be amazed if he goes unless he's unceremoniously forced out the door to accommodate another vanity project. That's the thing I always found humorous about Real and Barca: they ABSOLUTELY MUST sign a player that catches their fancy at all costs...even if they don't have any particular short or long term plan for that playrrm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I hear that, I often end up buying stuff I don't really need, it's really easy do online shopping with a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'll always remember when Guardiola lost his first league game & Hunter said on Revista that the club hierarchy were and should be worried about missing out on a Champions League place. This was after they finished 3rd the previous season when they were awful.
    Since then I view him on a Balague level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'll always remember when Guardiola lost his first league game & Hunter said on Revista that the club hierarchy were and should be worried about missing out on a Champions League place. This was after they finished 3rd the previous season when they were awful.
    Since then I view him on a Balague level.

He thought Valencia would be title contenders this season as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Be great if matip could start tomorrow and it would release fabinho to midfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

While Coutinho was a Liverpool player I'm pretty sure Hunter said it was his footballing brain that made him a player for Barca.

robwen wrote: »

Jaysus a player can break legs and not get banned but call one of them a pussy on social media and UEFA give you a one match ban,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

While Coutinho was a Liverpool player I'm pretty sure Hunter said it was his footballing brain that made him a player for Barca.

The entire Barca dressing room was giving him the "Barca DNA" treatment sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

100% couldn't give a **** about Coutinho and his bad back.

He can get ta ****, I'm delighted it's going ****e for him, **** barca as well.

I didn't take the divorce well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well we know he did not listen to his own advice

May 2017

“Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour," Coutinho said back in May.

“Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more. I have a long contract with Liverpool.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-reject-barcelona-coutinho-bid-13363753

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

If you listen to any of his podcasts (which are good tbf), he repeatedly mentions the 'football brain' flavour of the month has one, players hitting a rough patch don't. The guy doesn't understand systems and how players fit them it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Graham Hunter indulges in himself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Hunter and Balague 2 spoofers of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

VVD and Klopp win PL player and manager of the month for December.

2Q5dd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Klopp looks like he's after meeting his idol. :D

What's up with Klopp pointing his finger? :p
    I think it's putting the praise on Van Dijk but it's a photo waiting to be edited to them both holding tag team titles

martyos121 wrote: »
    Klopp looks like he's after meeting his idol. :D

He's pointing at 15-20 points so yes his idol!

Klopp confirms Camacho is staying. as per the Portuguese story from yesterday.

That's the first defender to win POTM since Vertonghen in March 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ah sh*t, the dreaded player/manager of the month awards. Their goes our season anyway!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

ERG89 wrote: »
    What's up with Klopp pointing his finger? :p
    I think it's putting the praise on Van Dijk but it's a photo waiting to be edited to them both holding tag team titles

Indication that VVD is getting his prostate tickled after the photo....:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Ah sh*t, the dreaded player/manager of the month awards. Their goes our season anyway!!!

I'm assigning the City loss to that after all it is an award for December games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Stolen from Reddit great site (tm)

NpzoCl6.jpg

Looks like iago aspas with bobby lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Big game coming up. Not much chat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Me nerves.....only joking.

Should really do this with little fanfare today. Easy to forget how much of a machine the team has been and I believe normal order will resume.

Reckon we'll do it by a couple of goals.

If we lose today I think we need to start a petition to get Toby re-banned till the end of the season since he returned everything has gone to sh1t losses and injuries :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's not like we were battered by city and are thinking "we can't beat this city side". Mentality should be business as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The difference between winning and failing to win this match will be huge mentally for this Liverpool team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Win today and the nerves will settle back. We've still a lovely points bumper.

• Advertisement

Joel Matip and Jordan Henderson have both made the trip to the South Coast

Another warm weather training camp being planned for Dubai in the 11 day break between Palace & Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Origi ahead of studge as 4th choice now...probably rightly so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

retalivity wrote: »
    Origi ahead of studge as 4th choice now...probably rightly so

I know service was poor in that cup game but he did nothing. Getting a free kick that shaqiri almost scored was the sum total of his contribution.

• Advertisement

Sturridge doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the starting team or bench after that FA cup display.

Decent looking starting 11 all things considered.

Fab should be fine with VVD beside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Glenn Murray is s handful

Not happy with that 2 in the middle but it'll have to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sturridge doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the starting team or bench after that FA cup display.

Same could’ve been said for about 90% of his performances since Suarez left.

I think I’d have preferred Henderson at CB.

Sturridgge has a virus.....onset of which was before the FA cup game........ news if which perhaps didn't reach the laundry

Keita on the bench if it doesn't do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Augeo wrote: »
    Sturridgge is a virus.....onset of which was after he signed for us........ news if which perhaps didn't reach the laundry

Corrected that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Good stuff, guess that team kinda picked itself, hopefully they take control early on and we can sit back and enjoy. Now, just fingers crossed that Jim Beglin isn't on the NBC commentary!

Going through their recently results Brighton have held a lot of teams to close games, a few draws an narrow losses against the top 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Good stuff, guess that team kinda picked itself, hopefully they take control early on and we can sit back and enjoy. Now, just fingers crossed that Jim Beglin isn't on the NBC commentary!

Always find Beglin ok on co-comms.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement