Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Salah got a rating of 2 , worse display ever. He was still on holiday

Salah wasn't up to his high standards today for sure, but Mané was very poor today. He gave the ball away so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭giveitholly

''United injuries cost us our rhythm ''

BorneTobyWilde we were flying it til you came back from your ban,we need you to take one for the team!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

What kind of injury did Firmino go off with

Rolled his ankle, no contact from another player. Would be unlucky if he missed more than a game or two if even that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fromvert wrote: »
    Rolled his ankle, no contact from another player. Would be unlucky if he missed more than a game or two if even that.

Fingers crossed thats all it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't be surprised to hear at the end of the season that the bug Gini, Milner & Fun Bobby had was spread more throughout the squad.

A lot of the players look energyless and don't have a spring in their step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I wouldn't be surprised to hear at the end of the season that the bug Gini, Milner & Fun Bobby had was spread more throughout the squad.

A lot of the players look energyless and don't have a spring in their step.

That will only be said if Pool fail to win the league.

I imagine it's more so due to their lack of rotation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chance now for 4 wins on the bounce. No excuses against what we face in coming weeks.
    Watford H
    Everton
    Burley H
    Fulham

12 from 12 and I think we open up a gap again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

12 from 12 and I think we open up a gap again.

We've 12/21 in our last 7. Hopefully he plays Keita again midweek; he played him when out of form & dropped him when he found a bit :confused:

To be top after, let's face it, a blip the past month, is pretty ok.

Get back to winning ways on Wednesday and all is good again.

4 points v Utd this season versus 1 last season?

• Advertisement

• awec wrote: »
    Do you have anything to contribute whatsoever on the actual match? Do you have any thoughts on how we played? Any thoughts on the game at all? Literally anything at all will do.

Please share them with us and spare us all from your endless little quips. Even thoughts on Bobby Firmino's new hair colour would be an improvement.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

playing **** and still a point ahead. thats the only fact that counts.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Chance now for 4 wins on the bounce. No excuses against what we face in coming weeks.
    Watford H
    Everton
    Burley H
    Fulham
    We absolutely need to win these four.

City don't have another tough league game until Tottenham at home, and that's 7 games away. They play Spurs at home then United away the week after.

We need to be going into that weekend at least level with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Blanco100 wrote: »
    the reliance on Firmino is a running joke at this stage.

No reason why a top quality centre forward shouldnt be signed, first XI calibre.

Big teams do it all the time.

Yeah totes we could have had Dybala on the bench to unlock their defence in place of Salah, with Lewandowski on for Firmino and Messi on for Mane we could have taken them today.

The players we have will come good. Missed a trick with Almiron at Newcastle though.

awec wrote: »
    We absolutely need to win these four.

City don't have another tough league game until Tottenham at home, and that's 7 games away. They play Spurs at home then United away the week after.

We need to be going into that weekend at least level with them.

Palace away is a potential banana skin

garra wrote: »
    Yeah totes we could have had Dybala on the bench to unlock their defence in place of Salah, with Lewandowski on for Firmino and Messi on for Mane we could have taken them today.

The players we have will come good. Missed a trick with Almiron at Newcastle though.

Well City have Sane & Mahrez on the bench today in the final and we had Sturridge & Origi that's the difference they have a better deeper squad than we do.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Palace away is a potential banana skin
    Maybe.

My point is, when we get to that stage of the season we need to be using their back to back tough fixtures as an opportunity to build some sort of gap at the top.

Not an opportunity to try and catch up with them again.

Need to be straight back to winning ways now.

Maybe.

My point is, when we get to that stage of the season we need to be using their back to back tough fixtures as an opportunity to build some sort of gap at the top.

Not an opportunity to try and catch up with them again.

Need to be straight back to winning ways now.

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

garra wrote: »

We finished the game with Origi and Sturridge when chasing a game at OT. As much as I like those two we should be looking at the very least upgrading one.....it doesn't need to be a Dybala, Messi or Lewandowski.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A centre half, A number 10 and a striker should be got this summer.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Really it requires a mentality change IMO.

We need to transition from seeing ourselves as the team happy to be pretty much keeping up with City, even having a very slight lead over them, to a team that's going to set the standard and force City to chase us.

I don't think we have this quite nailed down yet. When we've had opportunities to really lay down markers so far we've been found wanting. It's a cliche, but it's getting to the stage where we either need to **** or get off the pot.

ricero wrote: »

I'd add a Right Back & Left Back to that list as well.

Right Back as shown since TAA got injured we don't have natural cover.

Left Back as anything happens to Robbo there is no natural cover.

Moreno is gone in the summer.

Really it requires a mentality change IMO.

We need to transition from seeing ourselves as the team happy to be pretty much keeping up with City, even having a very slight lead over them, to a team that's going to set the standard and force City to chase us.

I don't think we have this quite nailed down yet. When we've had opportunities to really lay down markers so far we've been found wanting. It's a cliche, but it's getting to the stage where we either need to **** or get off the pot.

Performances have definately dipped. It was bound to happen. Injuries caught up with us too. Despite all that we are top of the league with 12 games left.

But yeah, need to put a few wins together and get the confidence flowing for the run in.

Sturridge, Moreno, Milner (as a right back), Matip/Lovren and probably Origi are all squad positions that I'd like to see upgrades in this year.

But probably won't happen.

Extra-time in the final for city is lovely and now fernandinho is injured which could be huge if he's out for long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

I think the reaction is a bit over the top.

Liverpool have been on a poor run lately, but still sit top of the league, and in with a half decent chance of progressing in the champions league.

Utd have been on a great run, sit in 5th place and not much hope of progressing in the champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

On the plus side, Fernandinho has just hobbled off and the LC final is going into extra time.

Extra-time in the final for city is lovely

Isn't it straight to peno's? Is it extra time in the final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Extra-time in the final for city is lovely and now fernandinho is injured which could be huge if he's out for long

Looks to have injured his groin.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Isn't it straight to peno's? Is it extra time in the final?

Extra time in the final

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Looks to have injured his groin.

Laporte injured today and stones also injured. All these games are catching up with city I think

Laporte injured today and stones also injured. All these games are catching up with city I think

We'll need all the help we can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

And that's where the much maligned training camps will show their benefit.

Players got chances to recover in warm weather which is great for knocks and strains without the intensity of matches whilst opponents had to play games, recover play again etc.

I think our fitness could show on the run as injuries will mount up for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

murpho999 wrote: »

Players got chances to recover in warm weather which is great for knocks and strains without the intensity of matches whilst opponents had to play games, recover play again etc.

Our squad was held together with glue and spit by May last year.

Hopefully that won't replicate itself.
    It could be that to match City's squad depth we're going to have basically have sacked off January and February in terms of trading fitness work for sharpness.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

murpho999 wrote: »

It won't matter if we can't score goals. Don't want to be negative but teams have figured out how to stop us all the while we pass the ball around with no urgency.
    Anyhow, reyling on your main rival to get injurys isn't how leagues are won...you need to do it yourself.
    But I know what ya mean. Every little thing that goes your way will help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    It won't matter if we can't score goals. Don't want to be negative but teams have figured out how to stop us all the while we pass the ball around with no urgency.
    Anyhow, reyling on your main rival to get injurys isn't how leagues are won...you need to do it yourself.
    But I know what ya mean. Every little thing that goes your way will help

Not relying on City to get injuries but it's going to help our cause.

We can score goals just didn't do it today.

It will come good again, nobody has figured out anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They do look a bit tired today. If they had West Ham away midweek I actually think they could drop points there but luckily for them they have them at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Definite over reaction to the result. Let’s not forget that a few weeks ago the narrative was ‘once City go top we’ll never get it back’ and we’ve done that twice in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭facehugger99

An energy sapping 120 minutes for City and a midweek fixture to come.

The biggest overreaction today was the poster that called Salah a bottler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Another game without the greatest player of all time in the greatest team of all time scoring at Old Trafford ??

Don’t see how that’s an over reaction ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

In his defence he probably played a match in the AUL before, and knows what he’s talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The amount of times Ive read on boards that teams have now figured out how to stop liverpool playing after a few poor attacking performances is unreal. Like all the other times this was said they havent. Just not quite clicking at the minute. It happens to all teams and then it turns around.

Ox and Brewster may have a say in this title race yet. Would be great to see both on bench and getting enough appearances to warrant a medal should we win.

Ox and Brewster may have a say in this title race yet. Would be great to see both on bench and getting enough appearances to warrant a medal should we win.

Brewster has never played a minute of senior football that would some doing if he gets minutes before the end of the season and plays a part in the title race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sarri fighting with his own players now.

Completely lost the dressing room he has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Vicxas wrote: »
    Sarri fighting with his own players now.

Completely lost the dressing room he has

Keeper out of order. He better save some pens

Wtf is going on the league cup?

• Advertisement

Kepa refused to be substituted?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement